logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Bugjune  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 8:05:49 PM(UTC)

Woman
Hey Squirrel,
Hope you aren't buried under fix-its and patches, but I've noticed for several weeks now that when I get new email here in my inbox at MissJ's, I am not getting any notification of that email at my private email addy to alert me.

When I log in to MissJ's, I definitely get the notice of having new email in the inbox here, but should we still be getting that notification sent to our private email account outside of MissJ's?

For a while, I was getting 8 notifications for every new email I got here. But now there are none. Not that I mind, cuz I log in to MissJ's on a daily basis ... just wondering what's up?
I bug you.

UserPostedImage
Offline MissJ  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 9:13:29 PM(UTC)

Problem was that for EACH PM one would get, the system would send your e mail like 8 notices for the same message. So, he had to turn the e mail notification OFF so people did not get 8 e mail notifications for one PM. I take it that 'bug' has not been fixed. So that and the search function need to be fixed.

Originally Posted by: Bugjune Go to Quoted Post
Hey Squirrel,
Hope you aren't buried under fix-its and patches, but I've noticed for several weeks now that when I get new email here in my inbox at MissJ's, I am not getting any notification of that email at my private email addy to alert me.

When I log in to MissJ's, I definitely get the notice of having new email in the inbox here, but should we still be getting that notification sent to our private email account outside of MissJ's?

For a while, I was getting 8 notifications for every new email I got here. But now there are none. Not that I mind, cuz I log in to MissJ's on a daily basis ... just wondering what's up?

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

Offline Bugjune  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 11:07:26 AM(UTC)

Woman
^^^^
OK! I'm fine with the notification being off, frankly. But then, since I log in here daily, I feel I'm not missing a message. For those on the road, or those who log in infrequently, the notification is great. Eight of 'em? Um, probably overkill! ;-)

I bug you.

UserPostedImage
Offline MissJ  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 11:24:50 AM(UTC)

I too log in every day and many times so I don't need the e mail notifications either-especially 8 of them for one PM--

Originally Posted by: Bugjune Go to Quoted Post
^^^^
OK! I'm fine with the notification being off, frankly. But then, since I log in here daily, I feel I'm not missing a message. For those on the road, or those who log in infrequently, the notification is great. Eight of 'em? Um, probably overkill! ;-)

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.