logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Annaport  
#16 Posted : Sunday, May 16, 2021 8:51:01 PM(UTC)

I am the queen of skin lasers. I have been lasering my skin religiously for as long as someone could use one. I recommend going to a derm that has a battery of lasers. I have used an Alexandrite for brown spots/AK. I also recommend doing Clear and Brilliant ongoing for keeping skin clear and fresh. If you have anything red (I have rosacea) go to VBEAM. You could also do HALO or the CO2 if you wanted to be more aggressive. Just go get a consult with a good aesthetic derm. I swear by lasers to keep my skin youthful.
Offline Beholder  
#17 Posted : Sunday, May 16, 2021 10:04:20 PM(UTC)

Thank you Annaport. Glad you have had good results with lasers. There are so many lasers now. Have you tried Fraxel?
Offline Annaport  
#18 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 9:41:09 AM(UTC)

Yes I have. I don't think there is a laser I have not tried.
Offline Sarah W  
#19 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 8:18:24 PM(UTC)

Woman
Originally Posted by: Annaport Go to Quoted Post
Yes I have. I don't think there is a laser I have not tried.

What type of skin do you have, Annaport? I have very fair thin skin. I had IPL for several years with excellent results, then one treatment which left rectangles all over my face and fat loss so have not revisited lasers.They did heal but it took about a year.

Have you ever had any problems
Offline Annaport  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2021 2:18:38 PM(UTC)

Sarah I am somewhere in between Fitzpatrick 1 and 2. I would say closer to a 1 than a 2. My mother being of the era she was from, thought tanning was the absolute BEST THING EVER and would drop us off at the pool with ZERO sunscreen except for the obligatory zinc oxide paste across our noses. She would hand us the container of Hawaiian Tropic as that was the best option for tanning no matter how evident it was that I was NOT GOING TO TAN. I ended up withe second degree burns from a day at the pool when I was 12. I can still smell the Noxema to this day. I have rosacea which I keep in check with a VBEAM quarterly treatment. Auburn hair, blue-green eyes. White white skin. I wish still she had not done that during my formative years. Who knew I was going to be so skin obsessed? Meanwhile I avoid the sun like the plague but I will never repair my decollete to the extent I have my face, even with lasers. I have tried. Fortunately I do NOT (yet) have the age spots my mom had all over her arms and legs when she was my age. She loathed those spots so much she would cover her beautiful arms and legs before she'd let someone see those "liver spots". As for your IPL experience I feel rather fortunate that a derm in my area happens to be one of the top derms in the US for laser treatments. She is really well-known. She brought aesthetic dermatology to NC at a time when most did not have it freely available and that is when my love affair with lasers began. I will say that I started using retin-A, then later Tazorac in my late teens. I attribute a lot of my skin condition to using that too.I am really not sure who did that to you and why that happened?
Offline Beholder  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2021 5:52:41 PM(UTC)

If I remember correctly, in the 1970's and early eighties, spf only went up to about SPF 6 and it only blocked UVB not UVA. My mom used to make me use Sea and Ski SPF 6 because my dad had malignant melanoma and almost died from it. He was Fitzpatrick 1 and couldn't tan. I was more like a 2 and would burn but then tan. Still blonde with green eyes though and had some nasty burns. Water under the bridge. So weird because now I use spf 30 every single day and stay indoors mostly so I feel like it's a waste to even put it on but I guess it helps for when I'm in the car...