logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline lucillenyc  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 11:01:10 AM(UTC)

Hi, I was curious if anybody has any recommendations for teeth whitening treatments? (Zoom?) I'd like to do an in-office treatment.

Also, is it even possible to get really white teeth with bleaching? Or do you need veneers for that?

Thanks!
Offline Robin  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 2:52:18 PM(UTC)

have you tried the home kits first?

All whitening kits and in-office treatments can do is clean up staining that may have accumulated over the years. that may be enough for you. For me, I did the in-office laser (many years ago so I don't remember which one), and got some improvement but not much - it was the inherent shade of my teeth. I did end up having veneers.
Offline lucillenyc  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 8:15:31 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
have you tried the home kits first?

All whitening kits and in-office treatments can do is clean up staining that may have accumulated over the years. that may be enough for you. For me, I did the in-office laser (many years ago so I don't remember which one), and got some improvement but not much - it was the inherent shade of my teeth. I did end up having veneers.

Hi Robin, thanks. Do you think home kits are as effective as in-office treatments? I tried a home treatment once but had to stop because my teeth were too sensitive. Maybe there's something out there for sensitive teeth.

I actually really like my teeth, so I don't think I'd consider veneers right now. I just wish they were whiter!
Offline Robin  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2021 9:14:43 PM(UTC)

in - office is just a more concentrated/accelerated process.. it uses the same chemical on the teeth from what I understand. There can be sensitivity afterwards but supposedly it goes away. mine was a long time ago so I don't recall if I had any problem..
Offline Nim  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 5:17:23 PM(UTC)

My daughters have used Crest white strips and they seem to make their teeth very white. You have to use them consistently for like, two or three weeks.
Skygirl5 from MMH
Offline MissJ  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 6:44:13 PM(UTC)

There are these lolly-pop looking blue light devices (without the stick) that can be put in the mouth and along with some bleaching gel, they work together to whiten the teeth. Could be possible to use hydrogen peroxide solution with them. The dental gel bleach is carbamide peroxide which is urea peroxide which is urea + hydrogen peroxide.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.