logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Beholder  
#16 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 12:16:15 AM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 6/2/2014(UTC)
Posts: 156
OMG That's me!!! Wow that is me! When I get really down on my looks and I catch a glimpse of my face and I start to feel bad about my looks is when I see my dad's nose and my dad's scowl and my dad's frown. The things that i like about my face are from my mom. Her sweet eyes and that's really about all. Mostly I look like my dad who I had a really hard time with most of my life. He was hard to love and I find myself having a hard time loving myself because of my looks. I am a much nicer person than he was but I still look like him. I've always related to Michael Jackson and felt so bad for him because I know that he had a similar relationship with his father. His father teased him about his nose and and bossed him around and I really think that is why started off with nose jobs and then just kept changing his appearance to get as much of his father's face off of him. Who knows? But that's how I feel. I wonder if I had a better relationship with my dad and didn't dislike his face if I would like my face more.
Offline lamb  
#17 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 9:24:38 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 2/16/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,239
Funny, I was on FaceTime yesterday with my friend and was irked seeing my aunt in my face again. I've had surgery on three areas of my face, but truthfully I need more. I need more bone surgery to really make a difference and I'm willing to do it because I can't stand her.
Offline ditterbo  
#18 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 11:05:35 AM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 7/30/2015(UTC)
Posts: 184
I hated looking jewish (family is all Jewish descent), so I chopped half my nose off but now I realize it's the long & narrow mid-face, almond eyes and overall potatoe face making me still look jewish / middle eastern. Just as an example, when I was in Charleston, SC for a few days, an old couple walked up to me on the streets and asked "where's the synagogue?". They thought I was lying when I said I had no idea.
Offline lamb  
#19 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 11:22:20 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 2/16/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,239
I've always wanted to look more exotic/middle eastern, not bland British which are the genes I took after.
Offline Winny  
#20 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 12:20:40 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 10/4/2014(UTC)
Posts: 715
I'm Jewish also . But I'm super proud of it . I take it as complement to be told I look Jewish .
Offline MissJ  
#21 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 12:26:20 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 26,675
I've always hated looking like my mother and now I look like her again. When I USED TO get cosmetic procedures, particularly the fat grafting, I looked (somewhat) like a Tartar Mongol and I miss that look.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.


If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Larazelle  
#22 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 1:30:37 PM(UTC)
Rank: Guest

Joined: 6/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,111
Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
I've always hated looking like my mother and now I look like her again. When I USED TO get cosmetic procedures, particularly the fat grafting, I looked (somewhat) like a Tartar Mongol and I miss that look.


MissJ -

You showed me a young picture of your mother and I thought she was beautiful and I said that to you - I also told you that you looked like her - and you seemed pleased. However when I saw her when she was older she DID NOT look like that picture - and I have seen you recently and I really don't think you look like your mother - you are petite while your mother was much bigger wasn't she?

BTW -did you think your mother was beautiful? - it seemed like you did because you were proud of that picture !
Offline ditterbo  
#23 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 3:13:49 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 7/30/2015(UTC)
Posts: 184
Originally Posted by: Winny Go to Quoted Post
I'm Jewish also . But I'm super proud of it . I take it as complement to be told I look Jewish .


Aye every so often you say like a yiddish or jewish term. I caught on. :)

EDIT - another funny one. While visiting Japan, I went to a friend of a friend's turkish bar. The owner immediately started speaking to me in Turkish, thanked his friend for bringing a Turkish person to his bar, before I could chime in & burst his bubble. He explained I 100% look Turkish, but maybe they just look middle eastern too I dono.
Offline Beholder  
#24 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 3:27:27 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 6/2/2014(UTC)
Posts: 156
Both of my kids look very Jewish because even though I am a blonde (bland) Shiksa, they have that lovely ethnic nose from their dad and I think it is beautiful. Also the olive skin and the thick dark hair. My 18 year old comments on her big nose but says "I know it's too big for my face but I don't hate it that much" Wow! I think it adds character and I hope she will understand that later. Think Jennifer Grey!
Offline Beholder  
#25 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 3:31:19 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 6/2/2014(UTC)
Posts: 156
Another odd thing I think about is that I was raised in a mostly black neighborhood in LA. During the seventies it was very uncool to be white and believe me I am white. In sewing class we made African Daishikis and I was so embarrassed to wear it. Everyone else looked so cool and I looked like Marsha Brady at a costume party. Hated being white and hated looking like my dad. So then I took to tanning which I now know really aged me... Oy Vey! I can't win!!
Offline Hoss  
#26 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 5:08:18 PM(UTC)
Rank: Unapproved: write to MissJ521@aol.com for approval

Joined: 1/3/2016(UTC)
Posts: 875
Edit -

Edited by user Saturday, July 8, 2017 6:29:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Winny  
#27 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 5:56:23 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 10/4/2014(UTC)
Posts: 715
Originally Posted by: ditterbo Go to Quoted Post
Aye every so often you say like a yiddish or jewish term. I caught on. :)

EDIT - another funny one. While visiting Japan, I went to a friend of a friend's turkish bar. The owner immediately started speaking to me in Turkish, thanked his friend for bringing a Turkish person to his bar, before I could chime in & burst his bubble. He explained I 100% look Turkish, but maybe they just look middle eastern too I dono.


I'm ashkenazi so no middle eastern . My dad is from the holy land but actually Romanian . His parents went there after ww2. I actually speak Yiddish and Hebrew. However I never get asked if I'm Jewish.
Offline Larazelle  
#28 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 6:37:36 PM(UTC)
Rank: Guest

Joined: 6/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,111
Originally Posted by: Winny Go to Quoted Post
I'm ashkenazi so no middle eastern . My dad is from the holy land but actually Romanian . His parents went there after ww2. I actually speak Yiddish and Hebrew. However I never get asked if I'm Jewish.



My ex-husband is Ashkenazi too - (English/Ukrainian Jew) He was very handsome in his twenties with good facial structure and also tall -6'1" - he is the shortest of his brothers - lol - I think Ashkenazi Jews have exotic and interesting faces.
Offline ditterbo  
#29 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 6:45:49 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 7/30/2015(UTC)
Posts: 184
Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
------------
My ex-husband is Ashkenazi too - (English/Ukrainian Jew) He was very handsome in his twenties with good facial structure and also tall -6'1" - he is the shortest of his brothers - lol - I think Ashkenazi Jews have exotic and interesting faces.


I did a genetic test and I'm like 95% ashkenazi. I'm ugly, but if I'm ever complimented then it's 'handsome'. Apparently all the jewish groups have a common middle eastern ancestor, or so says wikipedia. But I don't know if both my parents are full ashkenazi and then if not, which side's features I got. They're from different hapologroups too. TBH neither of them look great anyways. Both have weaker facial structures, and so do my brothers but not nearly as bad as I got it.

Winny, that's impressive as hell that you can speak both languages. My parents know hebrew, mom's parents spoke to her in yiddish but she didn't learn to speak it much for some reason. I learned some hebrew in hebrew school, but lost it all as a casualty of the resentment I gained over years of the 'hebrew school down the throat' forced approach. I just don't care to learn it anymore anyways.
Offline Winny  
#30 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 6:47:50 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 10/4/2014(UTC)
Posts: 715
My dad actually was always a carbon copy of Tom Sellec (sp?) when he was young and aged same way lol . I actually never understood why looking Jewish was a negative thing . I grew up in an all Jewish area and pretty much everyone was very nice looking . The marker for telling someone is Jewish is usually they look a refined and well kept no crazy tattoos but there are exceptions also .
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Previous Topic Next Topic
3 Pages<123>
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.