logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline simk420  
#31 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 9:46:15 PM(UTC)

Man
Canada
Originally Posted by: Sarah W Go to Quoted Post
I would be scared of infection it the skin is actually broken

The kit provides disinfectant and items to cleanse skin to avoid such type of occurrance. I will give u the deets on how everything works out once i start. And this method is way more safer then doing Fraxel lasr treatment which i heard and seen some major horror stories of
Offline Larazelle  
#32 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 11:20:34 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: simk420 Go to Quoted Post
The kit provides disinfectant and items to cleanse skin to avoid such type of occurrance. I will give u the deets on how everything works out once i start. And this method is way more safer then doing Fraxel lasr treatment which i heard and seen some major horror stories of

What horror stories have you heard about Fraxel?

Offline Sarah W  
#33 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 5:05:33 AM(UTC)

Woman
I would like to know too as do have some worries about lasers in general
Offline simk420  
#34 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 7:24:59 AM(UTC)

Man
Canada
Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
-----------------------
What horror stories have you heard about Fraxel?

All u have to do is go to realself type in Fraxel and look at the photos. Thats where I saw all tht stuff. scary stuff. Some good, but I saw a lot bad. They say it works moreso for pple that are caucasian, have blonde hair, and fair skin
Offline simk420  
#35 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 7:37:41 AM(UTC)

Man
Canada
The concept of dermarolling and fraxel is basically the same. Its creating tiny puncture wounds so the skin can regenerate and heal itself by building collagen. The difference is that u control where to do it on ur face and also u r avoiding the arguably harmful effects of laser which may damage the skin long term
Offline Geijutsu  
#36 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 8:49:29 AM(UTC)

Man
Yeah laser are a bit of a slippery slope, you can't control how far you can go with them, it's why they scare me.
UserPostedImage

Offline pauluk  
#37 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 4:46:52 PM(UTC)

The only active ingredient here is salicylic acid (2%). There is no alcohol. You don't need to have acne but if you have blackheads, or just oily skin, it is great. Much cheaper than branded products with same active ingredient and available from miss j's amazon shop.

http://www.amazon.com/St...1-1&keywords=stridex

Offline simk420  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 9:11:22 AM(UTC)

Man
Canada
Originally Posted by: pauluk Go to Quoted Post
The only active ingredient here is salicylic acid (2%). There is no alcohol. You don't need to have acne but if you have blackheads, or just oily skin, it is great. Much cheaper than branded products with same active ingredient and available from miss j's amazon shop.

http://www.amazon.com/St...1-1&keywords=stridex

i dont know if tht works. I occasionally use the clean and clear deep cleaning astringent with the same amount of salicylic acid however, this has alcohol

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse...etail.jsp?productId=8944
Offline Geijutsu  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 9:26:28 AM(UTC)

Man
SA does work to clean up the pores I tried it many years ago. Only down side was it dried my skin too much and made it crack which gave me an ugly pores texture that took a long time to resolve. So my advice is to try it, but if you feel like your skin becomes mask-like dry and crinkles with expressions. Wash it immediately and never use it again.

I used the paula's choice BHA 2% gel, btw.
UserPostedImage

Offline simk420  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 9:44:24 AM(UTC)

Man
Canada
Originally Posted by: Geijutsu Go to Quoted Post
SA does work to clean up the pores I tried it many years ago. Only down side was it dried my skin too much and made it crack which gave me an ugly pores texture that took a long time to resolve. So my advice is to try it, but if you feel like your skin becomes mask-like dry and crinkles with expressions. Wash it immediately and never use it again.

I used the paula's choice BHA 2% gel, btw.

True. But, pores are the Least of my worries. lol
Offline Geijutsu  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 9:48:31 AM(UTC)

Man
True. But, pores are the Least of my worries. lol

Well that's what it's mainly for. It also tones down the redness.
UserPostedImage

Offline Larazelle  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 1:13:31 PM(UTC)

All u have to do is go to realself type in Fraxel and look at the photos. Thats where I saw all tht stuff. scary stuff. Some good, but I saw a lot bad. They say it works moreso for pple that are caucasian, have blonde hair, and fair skin

Its funny how the "tide turns" if you wait long enough... When I had my first round of Fraxel there were Laser Gurus like Tina Alster and Dr. Pam ... saying that Fraxel was "Color Blind" I knew from personal experience IT WAS NOT - because I am olive skinned and I got pigmentation from it - Thank God my intuition "saved" me from a second round - even though I was going to the top skin guru in Boston - (I had a dream the night before telling me not to do it and so I cancelled the apt.) - but just goes to show that these so called Gurus can be SO WRONG - so many people suffer because of their false perceptions of what a machine can do.

Offline simk420  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 1:45:16 PM(UTC)

Man
Canada
Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
------------
Its funny how the "tide turns" if you wait long enough... When I had my first round of Fraxel there were Laser Gurus like Tina Alster and Dr. Pam ... saying that Fraxel was "Color Blind" I knew from personal experience IT WAS NOT - because I am olive skinned and I got pigmentation from it - Thank God my intuition "saved" me from a second round - even though I was going to the top skin guru in Boston - (I had a dream the night before telling me not to do it and so I cancelled the apt.) - but just goes to show that these so called Gurus can be SO WRONG - so many people suffer because of their false perceptions of what a machine can do.

so glad u listened to ur intuition
Offline lamb  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 5:40:55 PM(UTC)

fraxel/lasers are essentially a burn. a burn is damaging.
Offline Larazelle  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 6:56:55 PM(UTC)

so glad u listened to ur intuition

Thank you - Yes I am very grateful - sometimes though it is hard to distinguish between "anxious fears" and intuition - even dreams can be just "anxiety dreams" or something one has fears about. I think the secret is truly "loving yourself" - because then your subconscious and Super conscious will "look out" for you and you will "know" the right thing to do. - but its hard to really love yourself - lol -