logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Sarah W  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2015 3:36:25 PM(UTC)

Woman
Thanks, that would be really helpful:)
Offline simk420  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 9:18:46 PM(UTC)

Man
Canada
Was going to go for my third session but, I see that it has not improved and I feel like it may have gotten slightly redder so I cancelled the appt. I will attach pics
simk420 attached the following image(s):
DSCF4926.JPG (413kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
DSCF4928.JPG (401kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
DSCF4929.JPG (388kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
DSCF4932.JPG (291kb) downloaded 13 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Offline lamb  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 9:59:07 PM(UTC)

you look totally normal, don't see the issue, but we are our worst critics. And hello to a fellow Torontonian! One of Dr. Schacter's partners is my dermatologist. yay derm on bloor lol. personally i'm not a believer in lasers.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 5, 2015 11:35:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Geijutsu  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 11:34:39 PM(UTC)

Man
Why not do one of those good old fashioned chemical peels instead?
UserPostedImage

Offline Sarah W  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 2:31:02 AM(UTC)

Woman
^^^^^THIS
Offline simk420  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 8:03:00 PM(UTC)

Man
Canada
Originally Posted by: Geijutsu Go to Quoted Post
Why not do one of those good old fashioned chemical peels instead?

Oh it's on the list dont worry :')lol.
Btw, i got my dermaroller kit like 2 weeks ago. I havent had a chance to use it yet but, I will soon and am excited/nervous about the pain it will cause. :s either way im optimistic that it will be worth it.

Originally Posted by: lamb Go to Quoted Post
you look totally normal, don't see the issue, but we are our worst critics. And hello to a fellow Torontonian! One of Dr. Schacter's partners is my dermatologist. yay derm on bloor lol. personally i'm not a believer in lasers.

Hey, good to see another Toronto native! Not many on here. We have to exchange toronto plastic surgeons information.. lol.
I think u are right. I didnt get a chance to look at the initial pics before posting these current ones. And I've realized that there is a difference in redness tht has improved. I think i'll go for a third treatment.

Offline lamb  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 8:20:44 PM(UTC)

whatever makes you happy!

Usually I go to the states for getting 'work' done, I had a Toronto surgeon F-up my primary rhino which scared me away from Toronto surgeons. However, I am currently looking at some for chin work. not sure what you are looking to have done in terms of surgery, but have you heard of Dr Fialkov of Dr Antonysyn? Both at Sunnybrook.
Offline MissJ  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 8:37:51 PM(UTC)

To Toronto people. That dr Solomon from there has frequently got on MMH boards promoting his practice via comment spam. So he would not be on my list.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline lamb  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 8:43:26 PM(UTC)

his practice is probably hurting because he has quite a bit of bad reviews on RS and ratemds I believe. I saw him for a consult waaaaaaaaaay back when i was consulting for my primary rhino. I liked him honestly, but he was just brand new in practice.

PS just sent you an email Miss J :)
Offline MissJ  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:03:49 PM(UTC)

'comment spammer' on MMH and I've banned the IP his stuff comes from.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline lamb  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:05:01 PM(UTC)

good work MissJ!
Offline MissJ  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:16:41 PM(UTC)

Years back MMH had a good mod; 'Miki'= 'Your own Choice' and she would check for that stuff; multi id, spam, docs pretending to be patients, illegal sales etc. When I saw stuff I would drop her a line. But she quit and with the other mods a LOT got past them. Like years went by where the competent mod was gone (she quit) and MMH had thousands of scam spam crap on there when I got to it which took me like my first 4 months as mod to clean out. I volunteered to mod for them because I wanted to 'clean' it of all the tos violations that slipped by the others. I don't have the same problem on this board because NO OPEN sign up= no SPAM and multi-IDs. OMG! had to block like half of INDIA from there because workers from India are HIRED to SPAM boards. But daily SPAM comes in.

Offline Geijutsu  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 11:50:33 PM(UTC)

Man
Originally Posted by: simk420 Go to Quoted Post
Oh it's on the list dont worry :')lol.
Btw, i got my dermaroller kit like 2 weeks ago. I havent had a chance to use it yet but, I will soon and am excited/nervous about the pain it will cause. :s either way im optimistic that it will be worth it.

Did you order the machine one or the manual dermarolling kit? the dermaroller pain isn't horrible but the dermastamp hurts like hell.
UserPostedImage

Offline simk420  
#29 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2015 5:27:30 PM(UTC)

Man
Canada
Originally Posted by: lamb Go to Quoted Post
whatever makes you happy!

Usually I go to the states for getting 'work' done, I had a Toronto surgeon F-up my primary rhino which scared me away from Toronto surgeons. However, I am currently looking at some for chin work. not sure what you are looking to have done in terms of surgery, but have you heard of Dr Fialkov of Dr Antonysyn? Both at Sunnybrook.

Im sorry to hear about tht. I haven't heard of those doctors u mentioned. Yea, Im thinking the states is a better fit for getting major stuff done as well. I dont think toronto is known for their ps as much as other places.
As for Dr. Solomon I remember going to a consult with him several years back, i forgot wat for though. seems like an okay guy but, I was glad that I stuck with my intuition and not pursue.

Originally Posted by: Geijutsu Go to Quoted Post
Did you order the machine one or the manual dermarolling kit? the dermaroller pain isn't horrible but the dermastamp hurts like hell.

Naw, i ordered the 0.5mm manual one. I want to test it out first and see how my skin reacts b4 i go more advanced.
I think its the youtube vids that ive seen which shows the bloody faces after the rolling tht freaks me out the most lol. but, idc gotta roll with the punches as they say..
Offline Sarah W  
#30 Posted : Saturday, May 9, 2015 6:48:57 PM(UTC)

Woman
I would be scared of infection it the skin is actually broken