logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline earl25  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 12:23:17 PM(UTC)

estrogen is one of the main reasons men put on weight especially on the waist and trouble areas and grow man boobs. it only gets worse as we age. Is there any benefit to a man taking nolvadex or armidex (estrogen blockers) in small doses?
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Denton  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 12:32:24 PM(UTC)

Man
Yes, if you're on roids. Otherwise, no. Stay away from them. Are you using minoxidil?
Offline barbiegirl  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 27, 2008 12:09:21 PM(UTC)

Woman
Actually cortisol (stress hormone from the adrenal glands) and high insulin levels are the main reasons of central weight gain. The best ways to avoid this are keep stress, sugar and stimulants (including caffeine) to a minimum (eliminate if possible), eat frequent small balanced meals (lean organic protein, low glycemic-load starch, unrefined cold pressed fat, and lots of veggies) , and avoid all added sugars and refined flours (stick to brown rice, sprouted grain bread/pasta, quinoia etc as starches), get 8 hours of sleep/night, lots of pure water and get regular exercise. Estrogen really has nothing to do with it (low estrogen levels are one of the factors of the middle age spread and increased waist circumference in menopausal women.)
xox
"My friends, love is better than anger.
Hope is better than fear.
Optimism is better than despair.
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic.
And we’ll change the world"

Wear a yellow ribbon, March is Endometriosis Awareness Month!
Offline Carleyp  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 27, 2008 3:14:08 PM(UTC)

Woman
barbiegirl wrote:
Actually cortisol (stress hormone from the adrenal glands) and high insulin levels are the main reasons of central weight gain. The best ways to avoid this are keep stress, sugar and stimulants (including caffeine) to a minimum (eliminate if possible), eat frequent small balanced meals (lean organic protein, low glycemic-load starch, unrefined cold pressed fat, and lots of veggies) , and avoid all added sugars and refined flours (stick to brown rice, sprouted grain bread/pasta, quinoia etc as starches), get 8 hours of sleep/night, lots of pure water and get regular exercise. Estrogen really has nothing to do with it (low estrogen levels are one of the factors of the middle age spread and increased waist circumference in menopausal women.)
xox

I couldn't agree more. Thanks for posting this barbiegirl.
Offline barbiegirl  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2008 2:05:15 PM(UTC)

Woman
Originally Posted by: Carleyp I couldn' Go to Quoted Post

No problem Carly, I might as well share my nutrition knowledge here (I graduate nutrition school in the spring)
xox
"My friends, love is better than anger.
Hope is better than fear.
Optimism is better than despair.
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic.
And we’ll change the world"

Wear a yellow ribbon, March is Endometriosis Awareness Month!