logo

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RhinoplastyPatient  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 4:10:48 PM(UTC)

Truth be told, I am tired of this pain. I am having to take strong pain medication on daily basis just to get by. I would be lying if I said that I have never thought of death. At least twice a day, this pain makes me feel that death would be peaceful. But there is no freakin way I am going anywhere at least till I am done with this case. Since if I die right now, I would be returning as a ghost to get my justice :). You know, not a day goes by, when I ask myself, what if someone else had done what I am doing (i.e. making all the facts public & taking them to court, media & website), then perhaps my life would have been spared. This pain is something I would not want anyone to have to suffer - not even angelo cuzalina.

I agree with you about checking with both surgeons & seeing how the process can be done for the best possible outcome. I have considered the option of having both the surgeons work on my case & this is another thing I will be discussing with them (Dr. Menick & Dr. Burget).

Quote:
Also, do you know what parts will be reconstructed at each surgery?

Not yet.
Truth be told, during my visit with Dr. Menick, as soon as I heard that I will need 4 or more surgeries, I kinda went in type of daze or something. Thanks to angelo cuzalina, I have already had 24 surgeries (general anesthesia) & in addition to that there were times when angelo cuzalina did work using local anesthesia. Now the thought of additional surgeries seem to scare the shit (pardon the language) out of me.

I will have to give lot of credit to Dr. Menick, who was not only very professional, but also came across as a good human being & as he did a great job in helping me understand (& calming my nerves) many of the details of a forehead flap surgery. I still have many questions - which I intend to ask him (& Dr. Burget) when I meet him again.
Vishal
http://www.myplasticsurgerynightmare.com/
Created because of my hellish experience & Court Case against angelo cuzalina (tulsa surgical arts).
--------------
If you an help: Fundraising URL: https://fundly.com/help-...lastic-surgery-nightmare

Offline Sarah W  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 4:50:21 PM(UTC)

Woman
RP, what you are doing, coming out in the open with your case is doing a huge service to others and perhaps also giving others hope. You WILL get your nose back. The human spirit is amazingly resilient. No looking back now for you, time to look forward with hope. It is so brave of you to come here and share, and I am so grateful to you for it.

Chronic pain is debilitating and I truly sympathise with you on that. Is there any way you can get better pain management to tide you over but still keep your mind clear?

I wish you all the best with your revisions and I am sure you will receive a lot of help on this board.

Decision making and planning with all the correct information is empowering. You need to get to that place before going ahead and feel confident in yourself. So you made some wrong choices.It's past now. Now you can turn around, with help and make right ones:)

Hang in there!
Offline MissJ  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 5:32:36 PM(UTC)

I would imagine that a lot of your pain is also from the emotional trauma of what that doctor did. Have you explored yogic breathing exercises to help 'balance' pain? I would suggest giving

Swami Baba Ramdev's breathing exercises

a try. Is it possible for you to try something like this?

I'm glad to hear you are not giving up the fight and will continue pursuing him. I think we all feel that he owes you compensation for your pain and suffering.

As to surgeons to correct this, I feel you are limited to Menick and Burget who are known reconstructive experts. So, don't look any further than that. Indeed you will need a series of surgeries for correction.

Originally Posted by: RhinoplastyPatient Go to Quoted Post
Truth be told, I am tired of this pain. I am having to take strong pain medication on daily basis just to get by. I would be lying if I said that I have never thought of death. At least twice a day, this pain makes me feel that death would be peaceful. But there is no freakin way I am going anywhere at least till I am done with this case. Since if I die right now, I would be returning as a ghost to get my justice :). You know, not a day goes by, when I ask myself, what if someone else had done what I am doing (i.e. making all the facts public & taking them to court, media & website), then perhaps my life would have been spared. This pain is something I would not want anyone to have to suffer - not even angelo cuzalina.

I agree with you about checking with both surgeons & seeing how the process can be done for the best possible outcome. I have considered the option of having both the surgeons work on my case & this is another thing I will be discussing with them (Dr. Menick & Dr. Burget).

Not yet.
Truth be told, during my visit with Dr. Menick, as soon as I heard that I will need 4 or more surgeries, I kinda went in type of daze or something. Thanks to angelo cuzalina, I have already had 24 surgeries (general anesthesia) & in addition to that there were times when angelo cuzalina did work using local anesthesia. Now the thought of additional surgeries seem to scare the shit (pardon the language) out of me.

I will have to give lot of credit to Dr. Menick, who was not only very professional, but also came across as a good human being & as he did a great job in helping me understand (& calming my nerves) many of the details of a forehead flap surgery. I still have many questions - which I intend to ask him (& Dr. Burget) when I meet him again.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

Offline MissJ  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:34:42 PM(UTC)

Vishal,

I think I found something that could help your campaign. Here is a website:
CHANGE.org where you can get people on the net to sign petitions.

Offline Quno  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:55:23 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: RhinoplastyPatient Go to Quoted Post

Not yet.

Yeah, forehead flap surgery is a big deal and I can totally identify with the feeling of not wanting to get series of them after such a traumatic event (whilst also knowing that if you don't try to do something about it then the situation won't get better). I definitely think if the skills of the 2 could be combined (particularly since they must have different strengths) then this would be ideal. Maybe would be worth asking either one of them if there's any fundamental difference in what they do, and vice versa.

I wonder if any one from the medical community has reached out directly? What was the reaction of other doctors you spoke with, if you don't mind me asking, and did they recommend the two doctors to you?

I remember there was a plastic surgeon's response to your case online, although I can't remember the article where I found it. What I do remember is that he condemned the media coverage of it (as in the fact that journalists were confusing "plastic" surgeons with cosmetic surgeons) and also highlighted that Dr Cuzalina was clearly not up to scratch in any case.

As Sarah says, I def think it's time to go ahead with the revision and put most of your focus and energy onto healing yourself, as you have already done a very selfless thing by going public and sparing others from a similar fate. I am very surprised to see that this doctor still has a website up and would be shocked if he was still in business for much longer.
Offline MetooPlease  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:05:12 PM(UTC)

Will they do the case pro bono? I hope you get a good deal after all you've been through. My heart goes out to you. Also how long do you want between surgeries?

I remember GunterNose and his nose looked very nice at the end. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Keep your head up.
#37 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 6:02:21 PM(UTC)

Quote:
what you are doing, coming out in the open with your case is doing a huge service to others and perhaps also giving others hope....... I'm glad to hear you are not giving up the fight and will continue pursuing him .... going public and sparing others from a similar fate.

I am sure you all will agree that - after all, when my dreams are murdered, the best thing I can do, is to protect others dreams & find happiness in knowing that, at least they will be able to achieve theirs.

Quote:
Chronic pain is debilitating .......... can get better pain management

I am seeing a pain management doctor right now. But having to take strong pain meds (I have been on them (different kinds) since Aug 2011) almost on daily basis is sooo not fun - I mean, it makes one useless for almost everything else.

Quote:
CHANGE.org where you can get people on the net to sign petitions.

Thank you for this link - it will be very helpful, since I was already considering something similar. This is what I have in mind https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/
However, after understanding how it works & keeping in mind that because of my current weak physical & emotional state, I might not be able to produce required results in 30 days, I am considering waiting little longer. As once the legal fight is over & once I have recovered, I believe, obtaining 100k+ signature in 30 days is possible.

Quote:
I would imagine that a lot of your pain is also from the emotional trauma of what that doctor did. ....Have you explored yogic breathing exercises to help 'balance' pain?

I would be lying if I said no to that statement.

I do try to do some exercise on regular basis (4 to 6 times/week). But restricted breathing gets me exhausted too quickly.

My dad is a huge fan of Pranayam & he was the first one to recommend that to me. Though, I am not from medical field & because you have more knowledge in medical field, I believe you might be able to understand my situation little better even in following non-medical words/terms:

Along with other problems, one of the main problem appears to be the size of the nostril. I.e. Instead of two nostril, right now I have only one & that to also not of normal size/shape, which makes breathing that much more difficult. Thanks to the surgeon at OU (Oklahoma City), my breathing has improved little bit, but the cost for it is, I have to use a plastic tube (I think the name/type is Alliedsil Sheeting Reinforced) inside the nostril. Having this plastic tube in my nose is one of the most uncomfortable thing I have ever endured - though I am also thankful to it, as it allows me to breathe.
(FYI: I have been using one or other sort of (surgical/medical) plastic tube since 2007 on regular basis & pretty much non-stop since Aug 2011)

One of the recent Joke: Someone said that it appears that my experience with the plastic tube (annoying, but still helpful & a necessity) is something like that of a marriage life for many people. Will have to admit, I love my friends & family, if it was not for them - I would have been long gone. [I am not even going to start talking about jokes related to voldemort, especially being a fan of Harry Potter movies myself. Sometimes certain jokes can be painful, but I try to laugh at them, than allow them to get me down further]

One of the thing that I have not yet mentioned (in detail) in most news or published on my website is issue about the failed cheek-flap surgery which angelo cuzalina attempted. Obviously, for people in general (either listening the news or reading the website), won't have enough time to look at or even understand details (& I don't blame them, we are in the age of information overload), however, on a board like this, where the board owner & members are having a reputation of not only being 'good & helpful' (based on my experience, email I have received & what other members have mentioned to me) but also having more knowledge & better understanding of medical field - some of the things can be explained in little more details.

Within the video on the website, you can see the pictures that shows the process of the Cheek Flap surgery, however if you were to check the video time-line specifically at:
5:12
5:20
5:36
you will notice that now along with having a scar on the left side of my face, my upper lip (my left side) is also being stretched up-words (forcing my mouth to stay open). The thing is, even in these pics, I am using pressure to try to hold both lips together, however it is difficult to eat (compared to before), especially drink & not to mention - worst of all - to sleep. As the active pressure/strength I tend to use to keep my mouth closed while awake is not applied while sleeping, the saliva makes it extremely difficult to sleep, as whatever side of the pillow I may be trying to sleep, it gets wet cuz of saliva & I wake up - because of this I can barely sleep for 1-3 hours (non-stop) at a time. Because of this, I have three pillows & a towel on my bed right now. If this was a once a while thing it would not be that much of a problem, however having to deal with this on daily basis makes is a huge problem. As I am sure, you can imagine the problems & issues with sleep deprivation for long amount of time. Thanks to angelo cuzalina, along with other issues, I have been dealing with this specific problem on daily basis since middle of 2012.

Quote:
whilst also knowing that if you don't try to do something about it then the situation won't get better .... Will they do the case pro bono? I hope you get a good deal after all you've been through....

I can't do anything about it just yet. Though I haven't yet heard (I also admit that I haven't asked for it either) of a surgeon (in USA) wanting to do this Pro Bono. The current estimate is about $ 200,000.00++ (surgical/medical, while additional of US $ 25,000.00++ additional (misc) for travel, medications, misc, etc for the estimate of 6 surgeries (+ follow-up & recovery) over the period of 6 to 12 months), though I would want to believe (hope, wish, pray) that I will get some discount once I talk to the surgeon & the hospital.

Quote:
Also how long do you want between surgeries?

I will let the surgeon make all the decisions. As though, I would want this pain & problem to disappear asap, the doctor will be able to make best possible estimate for the time-gap between two surgeries.

Edited by user Monday, December 9, 2013 2:00:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Vishal
Created because of my hellish experience & Court Case against angelo cuzalina (tulsa surgical arts).
--------------
If you an help: Fundraising URL: https://fundly.com/help-...lastic-surgery-nightmare

Offline Geijutsu  
#38 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 12:02:36 PM(UTC)

Man
Rp, Even if you did end up with a discount, it'll non the less be a lot of money, why don't you set up an account on a funding site like fundly.com to raise money for your surgery? you'd be surprised how many people could donate, I'd highly recommend that you at least try it.
UserPostedImage

Offline MissJ  
#39 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 7:47:16 PM(UTC)

RP,
With regard to the campaign, you might want to consider targeting board certified PLASTIC SURGEONS to contribute to it. For that the campaign would need to REVOLVE around the ISSUE of a "Cosmetic" surgeon doing more than he is trained to do, how the 'American Board of Cosmetic Surgery' plays a big role in that and how the doc who did the damage was in fact the president of this organization. You should also add that even the MEDIA screwed up in HOW they portrayed this by calling the guy a "plastic surgeon" or "top plastic surgeon".

Offline violeta  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:45:22 PM(UTC)

RP,
I read your story, and can understand your emotional pain. I know the physical pain must be hard to deal with also. I truly feel for you and hope you can find the doc to help you.
I agree with the post above, about trying to set up a fund, you never know.
I have heard of people getting donations for plastic surgery.
I know your situation will touch the heart of many caring, empathetic people.

Don't give up hope!
I know there's not much we can say to alleviate your suffering now, but at least you can find some support and understanding on this board.
Offline MissJ  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 5:15:27 PM(UTC)

By the way RP:

That "E!" TV program with the 'TV docs' (who frequently posts on MMH boards culling for botched patients to get in touch with them)--well I wrote to them and gave your website and photo and asked them if they thought one of their TV docs could do anything. (It was rhetorical question because I have my doubts about that.) Also told them you were going to the known experts in this. But that I would put you in touch (I forwarded the e mail to you at your e mail address on the sign up here) in the event they had any interest bringing to light an example of an issue regarding getting rhinos from "cosmetic" surgeons who are not board certified PSs and they wanted to give media exposure to that.

Now admittedly, I don't watch that "E!" program and have my reservations about "TV doctors" associated with it and am not suggesting their TV doctors could help you in the surgery department. But I did ask if they had any inclination to give some exposure to your case.
(Again, I forwarded you this e mail in case you wish to get in touch with them.)

Offline Bugjune  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 6:55:53 PM(UTC)

Woman
Ow Vishal, I have also seen your photos and read about your nightmare experience on the link you shared. Having seen that, I feel like I got socked in the gut, so I can only imagine how much pain and suffering you have had to endure. Glad MissJ got you over to the board here. There are people with GREAT advice on docs and procedures here, so I'm hoping something will click for you, and that you will keep us posted on the consultations you go to and the advice given.

In looking at your photos, it's just THE NOSE that needs a complete replacement/fix. Thank GOD that the rest of your face, neck, hair, brows, eyes, all that - has not been visibly affected.

I would imagine your sense of taste and smell are about nil? Can that be restored?

Wrapping you in healing auras - gaddang, you must be one tough guy to carry on as you are now.

I bug you.

UserPostedImage
#43 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:15:42 PM(UTC)

Quote:
... online fundraising campaign.....

Thank you for the idea. Since I have been pretty much living off my savings & credit since Jan 4, 2012, my savings is all gone & was genuinely worried about the length of law suit. Also, 'not surprisingly' recently while doing research I learned about the 'delay, stall & delay more' type of tactics that are employed in many (if not all) medical malpractice law suits. Apparently the basic idea behind it is crude & brutal, yet simple: continue extending the suffering time of the patient(s), & when the patient cannot take it anymore settle for minimum possible amount.

I will check out online fundraising option, as just the thought of being able to spend a day without experiencing pain sounds wonderful & almost like a dream.

Quote:
... plastic surgeon or cosmetic surgeon.....

I will be making another post with 'proper structure' & though it may appear obvious to some, it will still be shocking for others.
Vishal
--------------

Offline MissJ  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:25:10 PM(UTC)

Sounds like a good plan.

#45 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2014 10:39:23 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: violeta Go to Quoted Post
I know there's not much we can say to alleviate your suffering now, but at least you can find some support and understanding on this board.

You guys have already helped me plenty. Though both physical presence & financial support are important part of life, I will have to admit that you guys have been awesome & the help & strength that I have received from all the members is far more than I can ever put into words. its shows your character, your attitude towards life & most importantly your heart. I thank you for all that.

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
E! TV Program

Your experience had brought you to the right conclusion. I believe, while trying to promote their business, E! would have the best interest of the patients in their mind & I am happy for all the people they are able to help. However in my case, I think right now Dr. Menick & Dr. Burget should be my first preference - even if it means, I may have to wait little longer.

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
cosmetic surgeon being presented as a plastic surgeon

Sorry, I didn't post about this in my previous post, however as you have already figured it out, this is also a huge concern & as expected, I will be taking all the steps I can (including filing appropriate complaints)

Originally Posted by: Bugjune Go to Quoted Post
I would imagine your sense of taste and smell are about nil? Can that be restored?

Luckily, sense of taste & smell are not completely gone. I mean, I just had buffalo burnin hot wings .. & omg.. they were hot!!! really hot !!! Also, regardless of how much I may hate it, right now I am trying to use all my strength in continually distract myself from this pain - as though having to suffer through this pain may not be fair, may not be right - however, allowing it to take control of whatever remains of my life would be similar to giving up. If I cannot fight for myself, then I will fight to at least show to everyone else that their support & help was not for nothing. I believe right now the only reason I am able to endure & continue is because of the supportive words & help from you and everyone else. Even in pain, I can clearly see that, for every 1 person who can cause harm, there are always 1,000,000 (actually more) people out there who has a heart that is full of love. It would be wrong, to allow the actions of that 1 bad person to over-write the love that the rest of the world has in their heart. I know it may sound silly - but at least from where I am standing, all I see is that the world is indeed full of wonderful people (& few annoying ones too!).
Vishal
--------------