logo

Please visit Miss J's Store or support Miss J's Forum by shopping here: Amazon.com

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline laurad  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 2:55:53 PM(UTC)

Woman
Does anyone take this? Im thinking of starting in the next couple years. My skin looks so sallow and thin for my age. Any suggestions on foods/ products etc to add some life to your skin... make it less dry, thicker, etc
Sponsor
Please HELP support Miss J's Forum by purchasing things from my shop at Amazon.com This is the best PS message board site on the web because it's not over commercialized. However, there are still BILLs to pay, comcast bill just for me to get on here, tech support and other things associated with the site. Sales are not covering those bills. So, please try to help defray my costs by buying something from my store that you would be buying elsewhere anyway.
Offline adas1  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:15:18 PM(UTC)

laurad wrote:
Does anyone take this? Im thinking of starting in the next couple years. My skin looks so sallow and thin for my age. Any suggestions on foods/ products etc to add some life to your skin... make it less dry, thicker, etc

Depends. How old are you?
Offline Bugjune  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:06:32 PM(UTC)

Woman
Whaaaa???!

You don't usually "take" HGH. It is usually injected - daily!

But, um, I seriously doubt if HGH would be available here in the U.S. for anyone over 18 without a legitimate note from a doc.

And o'course the downside of it is that it could speed up cell growth indiscriminately ...

How do you spell: C A N C E R ?

Best remedy for dry, sallow skin is lots of sunblock, maybe some makeup or self-tanner, and a lifetime of healthy eating and daily exercise.
I bug you.

UserPostedImage
Offline Robin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:27:56 PM(UTC)

laurad wrote:

wow, that's like using a nuclear weapon to kill a fly. this is not something to be taken casually. Did you know that it can cause overgrowth of facial cartilage in adults? that "apish" look that the body builders get. It's also very expensive - a month's supply runs $400 and up. And I believe I recall that u r canadian - what are the laws in Canada about off label use? because you certainly don't fit the on-label use..

back to skin:

there's so much to skin - how is your diet? Have you tried eating a skin-supportive diet? do you supplement with skin-strengtheners like pycnogenol?

have you been tested for any problems that may manifest in the skin?

Retinoids and other topicals also thicken skin and change texture - have you seen a derm?

there is lots to try
Offline Robin  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:29:05 PM(UTC)

Bugjune wrote:
Whaaaa???!

You don't usually "take" HGH. It is usually injected - daily!

But, um, I seriously doubt if HGH would be available here in the U.S. for anyone over 18 without a legitimate note from a doc.

it's by Rx only in the US and Canada. doesn't stop muscleheads from importing it from China or whatever. Crazy s--t people do to their bodies.
Offline MissJ  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:42:19 PM(UTC)

laura, growth hormone could make your jaw look masculine.
Offline barbiegirl  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:46:51 PM(UTC)

Woman
MissJ wrote:
laura, growth hormone could make your jaw look masculine.

Lol
"My friends, love is better than anger.
Hope is better than fear.
Optimism is better than despair.
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic.
And we’ll change the world"

Wear a yellow ribbon, March is Endometriosis Awareness Month!
Offline Straycat  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 11:23:28 PM(UTC)

`Eating lots of salmon or other cold water fish and/or taking Omega 3 fish oil capsules (from a reputable manufacturer to minimize the chance of contamination with mercury) can work wonders for skin. Even my hair stylist says that she can see the difference in a person's hair when they eat a lot of fish- healthier looking and shinier. I have heard Flaxseed oil and Evening Primrose oil can help too.
Offline Bugjune  
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 5:15:36 AM(UTC)

Woman
I didn't know that HGH could cause all the facial problems in adults, too! Yikes!

My sister-in-law gets the syringes to administer to her son on a daily basis. But more than once, she's joked about, "Two for him, one for me ... four for him ... one for me"! I hope she isn't playing with that stuff.

The fish-oil diet and supplements sound like the safest bet to me!
I bug you.

UserPostedImage
Offline HateMeI'mALawyer  
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:24:21 AM(UTC)

Man
I've fessed up to taking it before. And yes, HGH has to be injected. I have a needle-less air injector that diabetics are using. I've been taking HGH for a while, along with all of Hollywood. Costs a freakin' fortune because I have it prescribed by a legitimate doctor, and there's no claiming it on my insurance. It's the reason my body looks as good as it does. I work out like a damn fiend, but even so, I'd never have the muscle mass and definition that I have without the HGH.
Offline Robin  
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 10:15:50 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: HateMeI' Go to Quoted Post
I've fessed up to taking it before. And yes, HGH has to be injected. I have a needle-less air injector that diabetics are using. I've been taking HGH for a while, along with all of Hollywood. Costs a freakin' fortune because I have it prescribed by a legitimate doctor, and there's no claiming it on my insurance. It's the reason my body looks as good as it does. I work out like a damn fiend, but even so, I'd never have the muscle mass and definition that I have without the HGH.

I worry about making myself even more high maintenance. Those are some serious $.
Offline pauluk  
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 10:40:37 AM(UTC)

do you know this for sure? have you ever stopped taking it long enough to find out?

i have friends who take it and look very good (seems to improve their skin too).

maybe i keep this for later...

Originally Posted by: HateMeI' Go to Quoted Post
Offline AnnieB  
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:27:17 AM(UTC)

Robin, I agree about retinoids and other topicals. I have seen some improvement with AHA on my entire body, as well as RA and AHA on my face.

I have also seen some improvement with peels. But I think more than anything was that AHA lotions. Nothing drastic mind you, but my skin is so thin and fragile that any little improvement makes a difference.

Place I noticed it most is in the under arm area, near the armpit. I used to be able to pull that skin there and it was so thin, like membrane (is that what I mean? lol). Like egg whites or something. THAT has improved so much from AHA lotion.

Nobody would ever say I have thick skin though, it is still very thin. But heck, we do what we can.

ETA also the skin under my eyes is much firmer and thicker since RA. I used RA on my face for years, but only 3 years now under my eyes. Big improvement there.

Offline HateMeI'mALawyer  
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:05:39 PM(UTC)

Man
Hey Paul . . . No, I haven't stopped since I started five, maybe six years ago. But my partner is always poking at my abs or my pecs or my biceps and saying stuff like, "Even though I know these are largely due to HGH, they're so damn hot," so, yeah, I know. I mean, I do the work. Hell, I pump some serious iron every freakin' day, but the results wouldn't be what they are without the HGH, not at my age. And I'm afraid if I stopped my skin would start to suck. I worked as a lifeguard in my youth and played a lot of outdoor sports, so I've got some sun damage lurking around in there. It's just yet another thing that once you start doing, you don't want to stop. That's why I'm out there *HateMeSings* hustlin', hustlin. Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Edited by user Friday, April 20, 2012 2:08:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Zoey  
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:59:43 PM(UTC)

Annie or anyone else,
What is a good overall AHA lotion??

AnnieB wrote:
Robin, I agree about retinoids and other topicals. I have seen some improvement with AHA on my entire body, as well as RA and AHA on my face.

I have also seen some improvement with peels. But I think more than anything was that AHA lotions. Nothing drastic mind you, but my skin is so thin and fragile that any little improvement makes a difference.

Place I noticed it most is in the under arm area, near the armpit. I used to be able to pull that skin there and it was so thin, like membrane (is that what I mean? lol). Like egg whites or something. THAT has improved so much from AHA lotion.

Nobody would ever say I have thick skin though, it is still very thin. But heck, we do what we can.

ETA also the skin under my eyes is much firmer and thicker since RA. I used RA on my face for years, but only 3 years now under my eyes. Big improvement there.