logo

Please visit Miss J's Store or support Miss J's Forum by shopping here: Amazon.com

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline saveface  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:53:32 PM(UTC)

Wouldn't this be nice. Too bad it won't work for those of us who already have gray hair.

http://www.nbcwashington...ray-Hair-131343023.html
http://thegloss.com/beau...l-prevent-gray-hair-115/
Sponsor
Please HELP support Miss J's Forum by purchasing things from my shop at Amazon.com This is the best PS message board site on the web because it's not over commercialized. However, there are still BILLs to pay, comcast bill just for me to get on here, tech support and other things associated with the site. Sales are not covering those bills. So, please try to help defray my costs by buying something from my store that you would be buying elsewhere anyway.
Offline Xandra  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:02:36 PM(UTC)

Woman
saveface wrote:
Wouldn't this be nice. Too bad it won't work for those of us who already have gray hair.

http://www.nbcwashington...ray-Hair-131343023.html
http://thegloss.com/beau...l-prevent-gray-hair-115/

But will at least prevent for the rest of the hair turning gray ? ... At least we can save some ? ;p
Offline saveface  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:40:39 PM(UTC)

Xandra, I think you need to be on it for a long time (10 years) before you get the benefit.
Offline kk25  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 3:59:22 PM(UTC)

i have an Asian Friend that says that people in her culture use Kaffir lime to prevent graying of the hair,she is over 55 and she does not have gray hair (she doesnt color it either .)

It might be to late for me as i have so much gray specially in the front areas and the top,

i am starting to think that coloring the hair actually sppeds up the growth /spread of gray hair. and this might be because color seeps in to the roots, i noticed this on young clients that are naturally Dark (almost black) i have noticed that some of the hair in the outgrowth start growing lighter/blond than other strands n the same head, and this would not happen if they hadn't dyed their hair, perhaps with continuous coloring the melanin producing gland in the follicle gets damaged .
Offline Anya77  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 8:33:47 AM(UTC)

I don't know if there's a direct correlation but I was starting to get a few gray hairs and this stopped (to the point of one strand starting out gray and going back to brown) after I got on Armour thyroid pills
Offline Xandra  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 8:38:21 AM(UTC)

Woman
saveface wrote:
Xandra, I think you need to be on it for a long time (10 years) before you get the benefit.

I hope to live that long ... lol ! ;p
Offline stache  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 9:41:04 AM(UTC)

Man
kk25 wrote:
i have an Asian Friend that says that people in her culture use Kaffir lime to prevent graying of the hair,she is over 55 and she does not have gray hair (she doesnt color it either .)

Wiki tells us :

The juice is generally regarded as too acidic to use in food preparation, but finds use as a cleanser for clothing and hair in Thailand.
Offline kk25  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 11:57:37 AM(UTC)

stache wrote:

Wiki tells us :

The juice is generally regarded as too acidic to use in food preparation, but finds use as a cleanser for clothing and hair in Thailand.

yeap she said that people put it on the scalp for preventing grays, now i am seriously contemplating buying a tree so i can have some of those limes lol

they use it for cooking too (curry and soups)