logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mark  
#16 Posted : Saturday, August 16, 2008 9:39:45 AM(UTC)

Well the problem is that I am normal weight and do NOT want to lose weight, problem is that the fat is localized ONLY to my stomach and flank area (and alittle on my chest) I do know that you cannot remove fat in "spots" with exercize so thats why I was leaning towards lipo. Believe me I have tried to do it with diet and exersize in the past but I end up getting more skinny but with love handles and a poochy stomach...NOT a pretty sight! I heard some goos thing about Vaser Lipo and Smart Lipo, maybe I should look into those! Hmmmmmm

Mark

Edited by user Saturday, August 16, 2008 12:16:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline stache  
#17 Posted : Saturday, August 16, 2008 11:34:56 AM(UTC)

Man
What about increasing excercise, like crunches and swimming, and increasing calories? It sounds like your midsection needs to be more toned.
Offline MissJ  
#18 Posted : Saturday, August 16, 2008 2:04:11 PM(UTC)

Actually, the ideal lipo patient IS one who is physically fit and lean in most places BUT has some BULDGES sticking out in localized areas.

The head of MGH plastic surgery found himself explaining that to one of the scrub nurses during my lipo: I was standing there as he was about the mark out the <saddle bag> area in pen and one of the scrub nurses (who was pudgy) made some crack. Something to the effect: 'Oh, why is THAT patient getting lipo. She's in good shape. Is that an example of BDD?"

Head doc had to explain to her that the fact that I was physically fit but just had a buldge to a specific area was what made me an ideal lipo candidate.

Point is that lipo is best done when you are in shape and have an offending buldge here or there.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline eden  
#19 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2008 3:53:00 AM(UTC)

Woman
Chris K....can you answer a question for me? Let's say you had good muscle tone from weight training, and you were lean, but then went on a low protein diet and lost your muscle tone to where your skin got loose.......you are still thin but you have no more muscle tone) Can you ever get back the muscle tone that you had? And can your skin become tighter again? thanks.
Offline Chris K  
#20 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 4:57:54 AM(UTC)

Woman
eden wrote:
Chris K....can you answer a question for me? Let's say you had good muscle tone from weight training, and you were lean, but then went on a low protein diet and lost your muscle tone to where your skin got loose.......you are still thin but you have no more muscle tone) Can you ever get back the muscle tone that you had? And can your skin become tighter again? thanks.

yeah sure. you can always build muscle again. the older you are and longer it's been, the harder it is. this is why many middle aged/older ppl go on various hormone replacement drugs, because building lean muscle is WORK. just like loose skin on the arms can be filled in with fat. loose skin can be filled in with muscle. the skin won't actually get tighter but will fill-in and look tighter.
Offline eden  
#21 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 5:11:35 AM(UTC)

Woman
Ok thanks, that's kinda what I thought....now I just got to really work hard and I am back on some protein, (the worst thing I did was go on this low protein diet!)
Offline LynnD  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 3:25:12 AM(UTC)

Carleyp wrote:

While you’re saving for possible lipo in Nov try intensifying your cardio and monitoring your progress by writing daily wt, abdominal circumference measurement and body fat on a wall calendar. I use the Tanita Body Fat monitor scale.($79.00 at BB&Beyond)
~~~Carley

I just joined weight watchers and bought a 1 yr gym membership. I want to lose 8 lbs but mainly I want to lower my body fat percent and add muscle to look more toned all over. Carleyp, I just bought the weight watchers scale with built in body fat monitor. Cost more than the ones at Bed bath and beyond. Wish I had know they sell them. But it is good to be able to see fat loss on the scale. It's fruitless if it's all about the pounds you weigh. You can weigh 125 and it can be all flab.