logo

Please visit Miss J's Store or support Miss J's Forum by shopping here: Amazon.com

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Miranda  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 12:56:43 PM(UTC)

How I discovered Premarin is because there was a 58 year old lady on Oprah that used Premarin cream on her face for 20 years....this lady looked like she was 35!! It seemed like the Premarin cream stopped her aging!

I just tried Premarin cream (pea size amount) on my face for the last 3 nights in a row. The first day I could already tell a difference. My face wasn't as dried out and all 3 days I had a slight glow. The Premarin really does seem to have a calming effect on my skin.

I just stopped putting the Premarin on my face because I am worried about too much estrogen getting into my bloodstream.
Would a pea size amount nightly of it actually put that much estrogen into your body that it would be harmful?

Has anyone else tried Premarin on their face?

PS.
I know that premarin does come from pregnant horses in not a very nice way.
Sponsor
Please HELP support Miss J's Forum by purchasing things from my shop at Amazon.com This is the best PS message board site on the web because it's not over commercialized. However, there are still BILLs to pay, comcast bill just for me to get on here, tech support and other things associated with the site. Sales are not covering those bills. So, please try to help defray my costs by buying something from my store that you would be buying elsewhere anyway.
Offline DCNGA  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 1:26:18 PM(UTC)

Woman
Did you ask your doc?

It's controversial for the face but my derm highly recommends it. Of course, I only started going to him after I had a total hysterectomy so the question never came up about whether he gives it to pre-meno women since it was a moot point for me.
Offline Miranda  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 1:36:00 PM(UTC)

Hi DCNGA,

I don't have a doctor. I ordered from an online pharmacy.

Offline Bugjune  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 1:37:11 PM(UTC)

Woman
By no means "definitive", here's more on the subject of using Premarin cream on the face:

http://www.thepittsburgh...lth/4465646/detail.html

But I found this at another site for women's health:

"Natural progesterone cream may be the answer. The late diet guru Dr. Robert Atkins, before the unfortunate accident which eventually claimed his life, was especially enthusiastic about natural progesterone cream for skin care. He endorsed its use because he found it the best wrinkle eradicator he ever experienced! In addition, progesterone cream helps with other signs of aging. It improves the burn up of body fat, resists facial hair growth, and promotes overall youthful skin appearance."

Now if anyone out there who's already on HRT wants to try this out, let me know how it works for ya! Cuz I'm too chicken to overload my system with too much of a good thing.
I bug you.

UserPostedImage
Offline Miranda  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 1:54:08 PM(UTC)

Hi Bugjune-

I did read that article...I have no clue how Premarin could be harmful to your face because after just 3 days of using it, it has already improved my facial skin tremendously.

Thanks for the info from Dr. Atkins!
Offline MissJ  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 1:58:21 PM(UTC)

What about "Estrace"; does that work too?
Offline cybergirl  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 2:31:38 PM(UTC)

This study on Premarin cream on aging facial skin is from 1994.
End result: Premarin cream produced better results than the placebo cream; the difference was statistically significant for skin thickness and fine wrinkles.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7799828

Personally, I wouldn't be applying that stuff too liberally, as it does get into the bloodstream.
Some woman have reported side effects like headaches and spotting from using it on the face.
Offline DCNGA  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 2:53:05 PM(UTC)

Woman
I think it's honestly intended more for post-menopausal women. Our skin thins greatly after menopause, not to mention lines. To be safe, I doubt I would use it if I still had my ovaries.
Online Larazelle  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 3:11:47 PM(UTC)

Miranda wrote:
How I discovered Premarin is because there was a 58 year old lady on Oprah that used Premarin cream on her face for 20 years....this lady looked like she was 35!! It seemed like the Premarin cream stopped her aging!

Hey Miranda:

I remember this show and seeing this lady on it - I think she looked a bit younger than 58 (maybe 50) but in no way did she look 35 - there is a lot to being 35 besides not having wrinkles - take a woman who is 58 and if you magically wipe out her wrinkles she will still not look 35 -

Yes Premarin and estrace cream works on the face but it takes a while - you should check with your doctor first to be sure
Online Larazelle  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 3:13:13 PM(UTC)

cybergirl wrote:
This study on Premarin cream on aging facial skin is from 1994.
End result: Premarin cream produced better results than the placebo cream; the difference was statistically significant for skin thickness and fine wrinkles.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7799828

Personally, I wouldn't be applying that stuff too liberally, as it does get into the bloodstream.
Some woman have reported side effects like headaches and spotting from using it on the face.

Cybergirl:

I read the study on Progesterone 2% cream which was on the website you quoted - I think it does much more than estrogen - do you know where we can get some?

Offline cybergirl  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 3:25:51 PM(UTC)

Larazelle wrote:

Cybergirl:
I read the study on Progesterone 2% cream which was on the website you quoted - I think it does much more than estrogen - do you know where we can get some?

I would think a gyno. but I'm not sure. This is unfamiliar territory to me-I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to using stuff like this on a regular basis.
Offline Miranda  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 3:28:52 PM(UTC)

Larazelle,

She looked SO DARN GOOD FOR HER AGE! Everyone in the audience was amazed by her. Her skin was so plump and she didn't hardly have a wrinkle on her. I have seen so many women in there 30's with way more wrinkles.
Offline barbiegirl  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 5:25:36 PM(UTC)

Woman
Synthetic hormones are pretty scary, knowing what I know now I probably won't go back on them. I use bioidentical progesterone cream (20mg/ml), cyclically, working with my ND. The hormones will be absorbed through the skin where ever you put it, but it is recommended to rotate on thinner skinned areas- insides of upper arms, inner thighs, tummy and breasts etc. I have not noticed any changes in my skin since starting the BIHT, but I am still pretty young and have very good skin to begin with. Look into BIH and work with an ND- avoid the Premarin.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 16, 2009 5:58:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"My friends, love is better than anger.
Hope is better than fear.
Optimism is better than despair.
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic.
And we’ll change the world"

Wear a yellow ribbon, March is Endometriosis Awareness Month!
Offline watchthemoon  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 5:37:52 PM(UTC)

Woman
I asked my gynecologist about using estrogen cream on my face and she was dead-set against it.People were taking about using it on Makemeheal so I got interested but she discouraged me.Didn't really get the scientific reason for her opinion.
Online Larazelle  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 6:35:33 PM(UTC)

Miranda wrote:
Larazelle,

She looked SO DARN GOOD FOR HER AGE! Everyone in the audience was amazed by her. Her skin was so plump and she didn't hardly have a wrinkle on her. I have seen so many women in there 30's with way more wrinkles.

She may have looked good for her age but she didn't look 35 - as I said before wrinkles are not the only thing that make you look old - there is an "aura" to age and she had it - sometimes its in the eyes or the way a person carries herself - she could have fooled a lot of people (as most people are not that observant) but not me - I used to card people at a bar and so I am very alert to "signs of age" LOL -