logo

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline foxeskier  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 12:10:36 AM(UTC)

I’m new here and have to say how much I like the format of this forum. I hope I can share some info w/ you on a product I started using this year. I happened to hear about Copper Peptides from another forum and have done a lot of research before using it.

I have had good results so far from using Skin Biology's CP serum for my 'aging' skin. I'm 49, with little sun damage, but with very oily/acne prone skin (I’m also very prone to clogged pores). Over the last 5 yrs I've noticed loss of elasticity and wrinkles from expressions appearing on my face. I have crow's feat, 11's, wrinkles on the forehead and nasolabial lines. I don’t really have a lot of fine lines or wrinkles due to my oily skin and use of retinoids over the years (but there were a few). My eyes showed the aging the most.

I've used the Copper Peptides now for about 3 months (started end of March), gradually increasing the strength of them to avoid the 'uglies'. I've definitely noticed a great improvement in the elasticity of my skin and even less noticeable N/L's. I already get Botox for those crow's feat and 11's. I've been thinking about fillers for the N/L's, but have noticed they don't look as bad. Also, I've had some blemishes fade or heal much faster w/ the CP's. And my very bad tissue-like upper eyelids are tightening up nicely. I have bands, looseness and poor texture on my neck as well that is both firming up and improving in texture. A big difference is in the size of my pores and the amt of clogged pores I have – the pores are smaller and fewer and the clogged pores(small bumps) are disappearing! I have a few that are purging this week – but I believe it’s because I used a very strong CP on them (I backed off – didn’t like the purging. Give me a slow repair instead)

Copper Peptides are very strong and it is important to take things slowly with them to avoid the ‘uglies’ (returning looseness/wrinkles/poor texture). I started w/ the GHK-Cu Serum on my eyes and CP Serum for my face (adding in Super CP Serum for spot treating) initially. I diluted the CP serum w/ H2O, gradually adding in more CP and less water about every week or 2 (as my skin adjusted). I also used an exfoliant. An exfoliant is important to the success of the CPs. I have very oily skin and happen to use 2 different exfoliants, but most ppl use just one. Emu oil is another thing to add to this mix as it is a great moisturizer and is readily accepted by the skin. Since it is absorbed so easily, it helps to push the CPs into the skin more. Another nice thing about the emu is that it can be applied first to be used as a buffer for the CPs if they are too strong for you.

I noticed an improvement with in the first month. I used the above routine during that time (only used the emu infrequently – as I have such oily skin and was worried about using it). After that first month, I started gradually increasing the strength of the CP on my face to the Super CP Serum and changed to the Night Eyes Premier from the GHK. I had no problems on my face doing it slowly like this, but I did experience the uglies on my eyelids when I switched over (moved a little too fast). I backed off a bit on the NE Premier for a few days and then lightly applied it. That solved the ugly problem and I can use it nightly now.

Now, after 3 months – all I can say is …………..WOW!

I had been considering a face lift &/or an upper bleph B4 using the CPs! My eyes were the worst! The skin was so thin and tissue like that I had difficulty applying makeup. They also sagged a great deal – so much so that skin was starting to rest on my lashes. Now – they have firmed up enuf so I can actually see some eyeshadow above those lashes. And – I don’t have the skin pull along w/ the sponge when I apply shadow up there anymore. The creypiness is going away! WhooHoo! And the firmness of my facial skin has greatly improved too! I had the start of some jowls going and can see that firming up. I was also thinking about Juvederm for the N/L area, but might be able to hold off for a while. I also have the fewest amt of clogged pores that I have ever had in the last decade!

Another thing that’s been nice about the CPs is that they’ve helped to calm down irritation that I get when I use a retinoid. The CPs are called Skin Remodeling Copper Peptides (SRCP) and they do remodel the skin. They help the skin repair itself. I have used Tazorac on and off for years and could only use it occasionally because it caused a rudiness and flakiness. W/ the CPs, the irritation is reduced (strike that – it’s gone!) and I can get the full benefit of the retinoid.

Another huge thing these CPs has done is totally eliminate a ‘blemish’ I’ve had on my cheek for years. A dermatologist had told me the only way to eliminate it was thru surgery. The CPs have done it with out leaving me a scar! I have also had some skin tags fall off my neck (totally unexpected, but it is one of the things Dr P has said can happen).

I know this is long, so I’m going to end it here. I have been on a hunt for a good skin care product for a few years and am very happy to have found the CPs. These CPs are strong stuff. Best to start out on the lowest level and work your way up slowly.

If you have any questions – shoot away.
Offline foxeskier  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 12:13:15 AM(UTC)

Good lord!! That is so long!

Sorry for that. Probably would've been better to put in less info, but I had a lot to tell.
Offline Jade  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 2:42:44 AM(UTC)

Welcome, foxeskier. Very informative post, thank you.

Jade
Offline Hallie  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 3:32:04 AM(UTC)

Woman
Hi!

I too am a Skin Biology lover! I have been using this for the past three years. Do you post on their site as well? I saw such dramatic changes in my skin by using Super CP's by Skin Biology. Dr. Pickart is very helpful too! I asked him about using Obagi's Vitamin C products and its efficacy. He told me that if you are using his CP's that this has much more valuable properties than the vitamin C's from Obagi. I have tried so many different brand names---some EXTREMELY pricey and some on the less expensive side--- but nothing has worked as well as Skin Biology products.

I dilute the strong CP with Dr. Pickart's daily protection cream because yes, they are REALLY strong. I believe my skin is just now getting adjusted to the powerful serum and lotions. You know, I have stopped using Retin A and other retinol products since using Dr P's products. My skin has never looked so good! Tazorac, Retin A's and retinols have all seemed to keep my face a bit inflamed---but now with Dr. Pickart's products, I have little to no rudeness to my skin.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the board!
Offline Diane  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 3:54:56 AM(UTC)

Hi,

I'm new here too. I glad to hear that some others are doing so well on Skin Biology Cps. I used it about 4 years ago for a couple of years. I stopped and just started again becasue was getting signs of Rosacea, a lot of redness in my cheeks, they were getting dry and sore. I started using Cp serum in May again and I am so happy with the results. The dryness, sorness and redness is gone completly. I think my skin is starting to firm up. I also use Green Cream, but I cant use it on my cheeks since they are sensitive, but now I use Cp serum on my cheeks and every other day I use some exfol cream. I use about 2 drops cp serum to about 5 drops of H2o right now and a lot of emu oil since I have dry skin. Anyway it's nice to hear others getting great results.

Diane
Offline Mischa  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 3:57:10 AM(UTC)

Wow, very interesting. Sounds like you've had great results with the CPs. I've been using the CP serum for nearly a year (I'm 55). I have a different type of skin, dryish and thin, I don't have too much sun damage but I do have a few brown spots on my face that I was hoping the CPs would get rid off, they're still there however. I ordered my CPs from NCN Proskincare and Nanci was very helpful in giving advice on how to use the CPs, etc. I can't say that I am totally wowed by the effects of the CPs but have been wondering lately if I should move up to the next level. I still have a lot of the serum left, it certainly lasts a long time. I didn't experience any of the "uglies" I have heard so much about so that was a relief. I was hoping that the CPs would help to "thicken" my skin, but I don't think that's happened. I think there's been a very slight firming effect on my jowls. I guess it's time to move up. Thanks for your detailed description, glad CPs have worked so well for you.
Offline foxeskier  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 4:57:48 AM(UTC)

Mischa- which CP are you using?

I went to the NCN website and saw they have only the large sizes offered. I've bought from both DY and Skin Bio and bought the smaller 1 oz sizes. That's enabled me to move up in strength a little sooner. Skin Bio is also offering free sample sizes w/ a $50 purchase right now. Great time to try some other things. You also mention you don't see a lot of progress in a year's time. Are you using an exfoliator, emu oil AND taking a supplement? (Dr. P always says to take 1 gr each of vit c and MSM) My upper eye lids were definitely thinner - that crepe paper/tissue-like skin and it is thickening/firming up.

Diane - I'm glad to hear the CPs work on rosacea. I thought I had that on my chest when the skin showed a sensitivity to either the BHA or CPs (and definitley to perfumes & sun). A derm told me it was 'poikiloderma' instead of rosacea. Not quite sure how to treat it, but keeping zinc oxide on it for the summer seems to be helping. I think I'll try the CPs again in the fall.

Hallie - I try to post on Skin Bio every now and then, but I'm having issues logging on occasionally. I've tried a bunch of expensive products in the past 5 years or so. Really didn't do anything for 'anti-aging' until then. W/ my oily skin - most products didn't work out (MD Forte, Kinerase, Skin Cueticals ect). Before that - all I ever used were acne products. I'm sure that escalated my aging of my skin (benzole peroxide - known to really dry out the skin AND add clogged pores, I recently discovered) and antibiotics (burns even w/ sun protection). At least using retinoids helped to remove some of the damaged skin and keep some fine wrinkles at bay. Just couldn't use it a whole lot. You should be able to use retinoids if you're using CPs. The rudiness is eliminated w/ CPs. The CPs do need some form of exfoliation and the retinoids are great for that if you have access to them.
Offline Miranda  
#8 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 5:43:02 AM(UTC)

I'm always looking for ways to save money. Does anyone think that it would work just to buy copper at a vitamin store and crush it up and then put it on your face?

Edited by user Friday, June 27, 2008 7:02:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline annie  
#9 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 11:34:00 AM(UTC)

Wow, what a great thread! Thank you, Foxeskier, for the information. I am definitely going to look into this. Miss J, I remember you said you were trying the Neutrogenia Visibly Firm (you said CPs on training wheels). Have you seen any results with that yet? I planned to pick some of that up next as it is mild & only $16 at Target. However, if you haven't seen a difference, maybe I should go straight to the Skin Bio. Those results sound impressive.
Offline MissJ  
#10 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 12:50:22 PM(UTC)

That was a GREAT review of a cosmetic product! One of the best reviews I've read so far! Thank you for entering it here. the fact that it was long and thorough is what made it a GREAT review.

A lot of people are interested in the CPs. I know I was when I bought a jar of Neutrogena CP night cream. Hallie likes the stuff too.

foxeskier wrote:
Good lord!! That is so long!

Sorry for that. Probably would've been better to put in less info, but I had a lot to tell.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

Offline MissJ  
#11 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 12:53:03 PM(UTC)

Annie,
I like the feel of the formulation on my skin. I'm not sure what difference I saw but that's more because I use a lot of other products and actives all mixed together. So hard for me to tell which is which. I think with the CPs, I noticed some little pimply things BUT that could be from the other stuff I was putting on face too.

For those reasons, foxskier's review far would surpass any review I could do on the cps. LOL.

annie wrote:
Wow, what a great thread! Thank you, Foxeskier, for the information. I am definitely going to look into this. Miss J, I remember you said you were trying the Neutrogenia Visibly Firm (you said CPs on training wheels). Have you seen any results with that yet? I planned to pick some of that up next as it is mild & only $16 at Target. However, if you haven't seen a difference, maybe I should go straight to the Skin Bio. Those results sound impressive.

Offline MissJ  
#12 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 12:55:12 PM(UTC)

I doubt it. a "peptide" is a protien chain and those pills in health food store would probably not be the same. Pills such as Co enzyme Q or vitamin E would be similar to stuff in products but not copper pills.

Miranda wrote:
I'm always looking for ways to save money. Does anyone think that it would work just to buy copper at a vitamin store and crush it up and then put it on your face?

Offline mich  
#13 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 2:48:08 PM(UTC)

What exactly is a copper peptide and how are you soupose to use it?
I ordered some last year, but never used it. It is just plain
liquid copper peptide I bought off a skin product website.
Offline foxeskier  
#14 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 4:03:15 PM(UTC)

mich -to answer your orginal question: the dr. who invented/developed the copper peptides has a LOT of papers to back up his research. he originally developed it for wound healing and has peer reviewed (the big 'one' that counts) papers to back up his research. on his website 'skin biology' - he even posts all his papers (gets a bit 'long in the tooth' to read) for doubters to read. I lose interest, myself, after a while. but - he does have the research to back up his claims. there are other kinds of peptides out there - but only the ones he has developed and promoted are the ones that do the work in the skin remodeling. check out his research on http://www.skinbiology.com/ (lot of reading to get down to the dirt) if you asked any other developer of skin care products for the peer reviewed papers on their work - they would be hard pressed to produce any. it's very hard to get.

secondly - where did you get the liquid copper peptide that you have? Dr. Pickart's Skin Biology Copper Peptides can be liquid(serums) or creams.
Offline foxeskier  
#15 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 4:05:13 PM(UTC)

mich - there are a few other resellers of Skin Bio's CPs. Dr. P lists the resellers on a seciton of his website. If the product is a true Skin Bio CP, it should say - Skin Biology on it