logo

Please visit Miss J's Store or support Miss J's Forum by shopping here: Amazon.com

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline karmela  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 03, 2009 9:56:42 AM(UTC)

I've noticed that there are so many brands of EMU OIL, and they all claim to be the purest. Which brand do you recommend and where should I buy it?

It seems like a panacea. It has so many properties that range from anti wrinkle to joint pain reducer to hair loss cure. Is it really that good? Can it be used on the body too?

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Sponsor
Please HELP support Miss J's Forum by purchasing things from my shop at Amazon.com This is the best PS message board site on the web because it's not over commercialized. However, there are still BILLs to pay, comcast bill just for me to get on here, tech support and other things associated with the site. Sales are not covering those bills. So, please try to help defray my costs by buying something from my store that you would be buying elsewhere anyway.
Offline DCNGA  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 03, 2009 2:09:48 PM(UTC)

Woman
MANY on the MMH Chemical board swear by and love the Lure Beauty emu oil. I've personally never tried it, but many I trust have and sincerely thought it was the best.

https://lurebeauty.auths...f5a1ec3be143a68297790f7

I think it needs the "AEA Certified Fully Refined Seal" to meet the highest standards.

HTH

D
Offline kk25  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 03, 2009 3:52:19 PM(UTC)

I got mine from health store for reasonable price , and so far its pretty good.
Offline karmela  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 03, 2009 4:06:10 PM(UTC)

kk25 wrote:

Hi, thanks for your response. Which health store, if you don't mind me asking? Because where I live I'm having a hard time finding it.
Offline kk25  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 03, 2009 6:58:41 PM(UTC)

Karmela, the store I got it from is not national is just a small shop,
as for the emu oil I have is made by natural treasures and same one picture on link
http://www.vitacost.com/...asures-100-Pure-Emu-Oil

karmela wrote:
kk25 wrote:

Hi, thanks for your response. Which health store, if you don't mind me asking? Because where I live I'm having a hard time finding it.
Offline MissJ  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 03, 2009 7:02:28 PM(UTC)

I don't think I'd want bird fat on my face. I'd use the jojoba oil instead.

DCNGA wrote:
MANY on the MMH Chemical board swear by and love the Lure Beauty emu oil. I've personally never tried it, but many I trust have and sincerely thought it was the best.

I think it needs the "AEA Certified Fully Refined Seal" to meet the highest standards.

HTH

D
Offline DCNGA  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2009 11:47:46 AM(UTC)

Woman
It has great "carrier" properties, MissJ. It's able to penetrate the skin barrier much better than almost anything else (that's naturally occurring).

Whole Foods carries it, btw.

Offline kk25  
#8 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2009 12:29:04 PM(UTC)

MIssJ ,i know what you mean, if I think of it as dead bird fat, it doesnt sound appealing lol.
but I just try to fool my self in to thinking that it comes from some kind of coconut.

MissJ wrote:
I don't think I'd want bird fat on my face. I'd use the jojoba oil instead.

DCNGA wrote:

HTH

D
Offline MissJ  
#9 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2009 3:57:33 PM(UTC)

Does the stuff get rancid?
Offline kk25  
#10 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2009 4:19:23 PM(UTC)

No it doesnt (at least the one I got havent)

MissJ wrote:
Does the stuff get rancid?
Offline karmela  
#11 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2009 4:54:04 PM(UTC)

Hi, I went to Whole Foods and they said they don't carry it.

I looked on the link you kindly provided, lurebeauty, and they seem to have many products with emu oil but not the basic emu oil.

DCNGA wrote:

HTH

D
Offline Bridget  
#12 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2009 7:10:35 PM(UTC)

karmela wrote:
I've noticed that there are so many brands of EMU OIL, and they all claim to be the purest. Which brand do you recommend and where should I buy it?

It seems like a panacea. It has so many properties that range from anti wrinkle to joint pain reducer to hair loss cure. Is it really that good? Can it be used on the body too?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Hi karmela
I always bought LB Processors (google them and their site should come right up). Family owned company, good quality, no rancidity problems for me (smaller bottles) and good prices.
;o) Bridget
Offline DCNGA  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 05, 2009 12:02:53 PM(UTC)

Woman
Sorry, Karmela. That's where I bought the last bottle I bought. My sister's massage therapist gave her a vial, she did not like it and gave it to me, so I have not bought any in a year. I will check the next time I'm there to see if they still carry it at my local WF. Sorry, again.
Offline karmela  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 06, 2009 2:16:41 PM(UTC)

DCNGA, no problem at all. On the contrary, thanks a lot for your response. I went to Whole Foods and when I asked for Emu Oil, they said they don't carry it because the bird is killed in order to get the oil. But they sell every kind of meat, nonetheless.

In any case, I would prefer to buy and try it first, before buying it online. I'm a bit reluctant to buy stuff online since what's happening with Alldaychemist.

DCNGA wrote:
Sorry, Karmela. That's where I bought the last bottle I bought. My sister's massage therapist gave her a vial, she did not like it and gave it to me, so I have not bought any in a year. I will check the next time I'm there to see if they still carry it at my local WF. Sorry, again.
Offline DCNGA  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, May 06, 2009 2:38:16 PM(UTC)

Woman
Too funny that they have an entire butcher shop, but they don't want to kill a bird for the oil? I dunno, maybe they figure if you're killing an animal to eat it, then that's "acceptable"? Kind of hypocritical to me, but I could be wrong. It does seem mean to kill a bird just for the oil, but I don't think that's the case. They are raised on farms for the meat, and I'm willing to conjecture the oil is a by-product of that.

If you have any type of health food store close by, I'm very sure they will have it--just make sure it's not a vegetarian/vegan owned store, or they may not (LOL).

D