logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline pattycake2  
#46 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2010 3:01:09 PM(UTC)

Miss J, I also use Retin A micro and love it. Thinking of adding CPs after reading your post. Are you still using CPs?
Offline MissJ  
#47 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2010 4:01:17 PM(UTC)

Foxskier wrote the original post. I just reposted it for her. CVS no longer sells the cps so I don't use them now.

pattycake2 wrote:
Miss J, I also use Retin A micro and love it. Thinking of adding CPs after reading your post. Are you still using CPs?
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Diane  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2010 10:01:25 AM(UTC)

I'm 56.
I think cps work really well! I've been using cp serum for 2 years now and I had used them a few years before that also. I stopped for awhile and tried Green Cream, but couldn't use it on my sensitive cheek area and ended up getting red spots on my cheeks and dry rough skin since I wasn't using anything there. I started using cp serum and 10% lactic acid now the reds spots are mostly gone and my dry, rough cheeks are smooth. My skin feels very firm now. I just started using Protect and Restore with high retinol ( love that one) and the new Lactic Power 10 leave on exfoliator, so far I have only used the Lactic Power 10 on my forhead area but it feels really nice. I think it will also be one for me to use since my skin is sensitive. I'm all for Skin Biology Copper Peptides.
Offline AnnieB  
#49 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2012 5:10:59 AM(UTC)

I'm starting to see real progress on my arms. I use CPs on my face/neck/chest/arms/legs. Unfortunately I started the CPs on my face at the same time as Vitamin C, and soon after I started peels, so now I'm stuck because I see a LOT of improvement on my face but damned if I know what it is helping (been using RA for many, many years, and hyrdoxy's for a good ten years already, so it is not them).

Foxeskier, are you Foxe at EDS and at Skin Biology site? Not sure if you read here anymore, but if you do I'm wondering what you think about using the GHK an hour after RA micro. If you are Foxe I know you asked at SB site and were told you can't do it, but I also asked in an email and they said yes! However, I asked a couple years after you did I think. I do not want to use anything stronger on my face. I do use SuperCop after peels and I use Tri-reduction on the body (alternate with the P&R body). For my face though, I just can't risk going higher than GHK. However, the GHK is sensitive to acids...but RA? With a higher PH than other acids? I would love to hear your current opinion on that. They told me yes, and I was very specific I was speaking of GHK and not second gen stuff.

These wait times and restrictions are killing me here. I can't wear CPs during the day because I don't want to use TD sunblock. I want to stick with zink. I also use Vitamin C and that needs a 12 hour break from CP. Geez this is getting out of hand confusing. I keep records of what I use and when, but to combine those two would be so very helpful.

ETA can one layer anything after RA micro since it is timed released? I also use Renova on chest and neck, but that's a cream and not sure I can layer CP over a cream?

I do not want to go to regular RA or any other form of Retinoid.
Offline Willow  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:11:19 AM(UTC)

Woman
anyone know of anything, prescription, over-the-counter, or home-made that can be used daily to prevent and eliminate black heads?
my poor nose has always been plagued by them ;(
Offline Geijutsu  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:38:09 AM(UTC)

Man
Oil Cleansing Method, that's the thing that got rid of my notorious blackheads:

http://www.amazon.com/DH...dhc+oil+cleansing+method

I do this every morning, I do my own "blackheads proof" method, usually what you should typically do is apply the oil on a dry face rub for a minute or two then rinse, but my method is a little lengthier albeit more effective:

1- Apply oil on dry face, and keep rubbing in a cicular motion all over the face while concentrating on problem areas, this should take at least 2 minutes (I sometimes rub for 3 or 4 minutes absent-mindedly)

2- Before rinsing the oil, wet your hands by passing them through a weak stream of water, DO NOT allow it to wash of the oil on your hands, move them quickly just to get them a little wet and emulsify the oil, do it several times if neccesary by running your hands across stream very quick, the oil will turn into a milky color at this point, rub again in a circular motion all over your face, the oil should become slippier with the added bit of water, keep rubbing until the milky color fades and the rubbing becomes "harder" to do (you'll know what I mean when you do it)

3- Rinse.

I came up with that method after deciding to get creative, been doing it for almost 3 years now, and my blackheads are mimnimized upto 70% at this point if not more if I have a good night sleep (I don't know why but lack of sleep makes them 10x more pronounced)

Gook luck ;)
UserPostedImage

Offline BeeSweet  
#52 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 9:53:44 AM(UTC)

Woman
I too have heard good things about the oil cleansing method. I bought my son Aztec Healing Clay from Whole Foods. It works great. We use it every Sunday night and sometimes during the week. It has made a huge difference for him. PLUS it is CHEAP!!

Here is a review of it for pores.

http://www.vitaminshoppe...?id=SW-1001#.UlgQZhar3L8

Offline MissJ  
#53 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 5:02:26 PM(UTC)

That's Bentonite clay--great stuff. 'Aztec' is just one brand.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline foxeskier  
#54 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 6:26:50 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: AnnieB Go to Quoted Post
I'm starting to see real progress on my arms. I use CPs on my face/neck/chest/arms/legs. Unfortunately I started the CPs on my face at the same time as Vitamin C, and soon after I started peels, so now I'm stuck because I see a LOT of improvement on my face but damned if I know what it is helping (been using RA for many, many years, and hyrdoxy's for a good ten years already, so it is not them).

Foxeskier, are you Foxe at EDS and at Skin Biology site? Not sure if you read here anymore, but if you do I'm wondering what you think about using the GHK an hour after RA micro. If you are Foxe I know you asked at SB site and were told you can't do it, but I also asked in an email and they said yes! However, I asked a couple years after you did I think. I do not want to use anything stronger on my face. I do use SuperCop after peels and I use Tri-reduction on the body (alternate with the P&R body). For my face though, I just can't risk going higher than GHK. However, the GHK is sensitive to acids...but RA? With a higher PH than other acids? I would love to hear your current opinion on that. They told me yes, and I was very specific I was speaking of GHK and not second gen stuff.

These wait times and restrictions are killing me here. I can't wear CPs during the day because I don't want to use TD sunblock. I want to stick with zink. I also use Vitamin C and that needs a 12 hour break from CP. Geez this is getting out of hand confusing. I keep records of what I use and when, but to combine those two would be so very helpful.

ETA can one layer anything after RA micro since it is timed released? I also use Renova on chest and neck, but that's a cream and not sure I can layer CP over a cream?

I do not want to go to regular RA or any other form of Retinoid.

Not sure if you found the answers you were looking for AnnieB, and it has been a while since I visited here. SB has changed their tune about using GHK along with Retin A. I think that is because the pH is high enough on the Retin A to not have an adverse effect on the delicate GHK molecule. In any case, I use them together and they work just fine. I also use sunscreen with Zinc in it with no problem. I think the Vit C and GHK is something you'd want to separate since the pH in most water based Vit C serums is very low and would damage the GHK. If you use the 2nd gen CPs, they are more stable than the GHK and would not be sensitive to a low pH (that's why they say you can use them with acids like their Lactic Power 10).

I also use Retin A Micro and tend to use the serum CPs mostly. I will use my serum first, wait til it absorbs and then apply the Retin A. I've gone the other way around too, but will wait longer for the Retin A to work first (about 45 mins) before applying my CPs. With Renova - try it both ways and see which one works better for you.
Offline BeeSweet  
#55 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 2:32:39 PM(UTC)

Woman
Thanks for coming back to update!!
Offline Willow  
#56 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:14:30 PM(UTC)

Woman
Originally Posted by: BeeSweet Go to Quoted Post
I too have heard good things about the oil cleansing method. I bought my son Aztec Healing Clay from Whole Foods. It works great. We use it every Sunday night and sometimes during the week. It has made a huge difference for him. PLUS it is CHEAP!!

Here is a review of it for pores.

http://www.vitaminshoppe...?id=SW-1001#.UlgQZhar3L8

i am using this clay right this minute and i love it! i feel like it contracts on the skin, forcing oil out of the pores!
Offline MissJ  
#57 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:36:27 PM(UTC)

It's available on my Amazon store which I use to help support keeping this site open.
Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/s/...3Aaztec%20healing%20clay

Offline Sarah W  
#58 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2015 4:56:50 PM(UTC)

Woman
Originally Posted by: Diane Go to Quoted Post
I'm 56.
I think cps work really well! I've been using cp serum for 2 years now and I had used them a few years before that also. I stopped for awhile and tried Green Cream, but couldn't use it on my sensitive cheek area and ended up getting red spots on my cheeks and dry rough skin since I wasn't using anything there. I started using cp serum and 10% lactic acid now the reds spots are mostly gone and my dry, rough cheeks are smooth. My skin feels very firm now. I just started using Protect and Restore with high retinol ( love that one) and the new Lactic Power 10 leave on exfoliator, so far I have only used the Lactic Power 10 on my forhead area but it feels really nice. I think it will also be one for me to use since my skin is sensitive. I'm all for Skin Biology Copper Peptides.

Thanks for reminding me about the CP's I have used them for years and when we moved house,I could not find them and I stopped. I can see the difference. My skin texture is much rougher now. I shall go back to them

Offline laurad  
#59 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 7:17:03 PM(UTC)

Woman
Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Time for an update. I'd love to hear how the CPs are working for everyone else too.

I've been using CPs for 7 months now. My skin is looking the best it's ever looked. I've gotten amazing compliments about my age too! Just last night someone I had just met thought I was only in my early 40's and last month I got carded at a Cubs game (rule to card under 35 yr olds). Not bad for a 50 year old, IMHO.

What have the CPs done for me? Tightened up my skin, improved the laxity and crepyness, made the pores smaller, removed skin tags, changed the texture of poor skin, improved the health of my nails (former peelers/spliters), & gotten rid of most of my calloused, fissured, dry skin on my feet (there are layers and layers of old, nasty skin getting removed, so it takes time).

I currently use the Super CP Serum, Retin A Micro, a 2% BHA (very oily, clogged skin - only one exfoliant is usually needed), and occasionally Emu Oil (to push the CPs in). I use Night Eyes Premier for my eyes. In the evening, I apply the retinoid about 20-30 minutes after cleansing (per directions for them), then apply the CPs and Emu Oil. In the AM, I cleanse with a low-neutral pH cleanser(so it does not disturb my skin's pH), then apply the BHA and wait about 30 minutes for it to work. I will occasionally also apply the CPs in the morning after this, but not always. I do want my BHA to work it's best, so I do the reguired wait time. I will get dressed, make my bed, put laundry in, etc, to use up the time. I will also use the Super Cop 2X occasionally for spot treatment. It worked great on the skin tags and removal of a blemish that was to have been removed w/ surgery. The CPs did it w/out a scar! I also used it for a while on the bands on my neck and saw them disappear or greatly diminish.

Improvements are still ongoing. At 7 months, I still see changes going on. And I can still move up in strength on some areas. I plan on getting the regular Night Eyes and I might use the SC2X more often. When I first tried using it I did see some uglies and had to back off. When I use it for spot treating now, the areas it touches are left so smooth w/ barely visible pores.

It is very important to use some sort of an exfoliant with the CPs. The CPs work by bringing the old, damaged skin up to the surface and need the exfoliant to help remove that stuff so it can get replaced w/ normal skin that the CPs help to generate.

I have seen this heppen to a couple of scarred areas I had. I unsuccessfully tried to remove the scarred tissue over the years, but was finally able to do it successfully with the combo of CPs and BHA. The same thing happened to the xerosis on my feet. The skin was terribly thickened, dry and had fissures in it. With the use of an exfoliative, a pumice stone and the CPs, the skin is now growing normally and not thickening up any more.

This 'skin remodeling' (as Skin Bio likes to call it) is the same thing happening to my face and with some acne blemishes that I've acquired the last few months. It has also helped remodel the skin on my upper eyelids - WOW! I use to pull the skin along w/ the sponge applicator when I applied eyeshadow. The lid also bagged/sagged quite a bit and was sitting nearly on my lashes. That skin has tightened up enuf to pull back from my lashes (exposing some lid - I can now see some shadow on the lower part under the crease now) and the skin doesn't come along w/ the sponge as much as it use to. Still some tightening needed. Skin Bio says it can take up to a year and I can still move up in strength in the CPs.

I've been real happy with the results I get in my mirror (esp the 5X one), but the icing on the cake has been the compliments I've recieved the last few months. Can't beat that!

For reminders on the order of application(and wait times)

PM

cleanse (wait 20-30 minutes or use a low pH cleanser)
exfoliant (I use Retin A here) (wait 30 minutes to let your exfoliant work)
CPs (wait til absorbed)
Emu Oil (helps to push the CPs in)

AM

cleanse (wait)
exfoliant (BHA here for me - I use 2 diff exfoliants since I have oily, acne prone, very clogged pores - most do not need 2)wait 30 minutes
Vit C or CPs (I like CPs more, but had bought the Vit C and it was expensive, so I'm using it up)
Sunscreen

Contributor= Foxskier.

Miss J do you still follow this skin care regime with the CPs? What do you recommend for early 30s skin thats a true mix of Irish and Italian. I tried retin A and it was a disaster for me. I got crepe pappery skin and red and peeled. And I only used a dab once a week. I need something for sensitive skin.

Offline MissJ  
#60 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 7:25:39 PM(UTC)

I posted that FOR Foxskier. It's not my post. She had a hard time posting so I posted that FOR her.

Originally Posted by: laurad Go to Quoted Post
Miss J do you still follow this skin care regime with the CPs? What do you recommend for early 30s skin thats a true mix of Irish and Italian. I tried retin A and it was a disaster for me. I got crepe pappery skin and red and peeled. And I only used a dab once a week. I need something for sensitive skin.