logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Miranda  
#31 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 8:45:02 AM(UTC)

Does anyone know of a website I can go on to find the really strong copper peptides? Is Skin Biology the best copper peptide brand out there?
Offline kk25  
#32 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 9:02:22 AM(UTC)

Not Foxskier, but I would say dont start with the stronger ones because they make skin break out,
if you use to much to fast the results are pimples

Miranda wrote:
Hi foxeskier - How long before cp's start working? What kind of results should I see?
Offline Sophia  
#33 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 10:48:00 PM(UTC)

Hi,
please maybe you could help me out to order a product which is using a copper peptide technology (and is strong enough to give results). I surfed now and found out that it is mainly sold in the US. I am from India, but my husband travels to the US (for work). To Southern California.
Also I could order in Germany.
Preferable I would like to order the products from Dr. Pickarts site but since we do not have an adress in the US, difficult.

Do you know if there is a shop where my husband could buy it near Palo Alto or do you know of a similar product beeing sold in Europe?

Thanks so much.
Regards
Sophia

foxeskier wrote:
Wow MissJ - you've made a sticky out of this. It will make it easier for people to read about CPs this way. The other thread would disappear into the archives (and need to use the search function to find it.)

We'll let ppl read that one too - here it is

http://missjfacialplasti...rom-copper-peptides.aspx
Offline marylandgal  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2009 2:49:53 PM(UTC)

Fox -- you're the expert, can you help me organize?

I have been doing CP Serum in the morning, followed by a sunscreen. I am a freak about sunscreen. I skipped the oil (emu or jojoba) because combined with the sunscreen it makes my face too greasy, plus then I'm adding foundation.

Then in the evenings I was alternating Tazorac every other day with an MD Forte 20% glycolic. The glycolic keeps the Taz from flaking.

I saw my derm recently and she really wants me to step up the Tazorac - she says I'm clearly not using enough to get the maximum benefits. She'd like me to do maybe a month of Taz every day, followed by a schedule of 4 days of Taz, three days off. I'm game -- my pores need refining, I'm getting a lot of blackheads.

So now what? I'm not keen on moving the glycolic to my a.m. routine, wouldn't I have to wait a long time after the CPs? Plus between that and the sunscreen I have to be careful not to get milia. And then I'm adding foundation on top of that...

But if I move the glycolic to the pm, don't I have the same problem? I have to wait in between? If I did, for how long, and do you think it matters which one I do first - the Taz or the glycolic?

I could just skip the glycolic, but I think it improves the results.

Can you suggest the most time-efficient way to get the CP, Tazorac AND glycolic on my face once a day each?

btw the CP serum didn't bother me at all, I got the small bottle (easier to control) I dilute it about 50% in the palm of my hand. I'm doing my neck and chest too. Oddly, I hadn't really noticed that much difference, it's been about 6 weeks, but I saw a friend who said, your skin looks amazing!! I think the tone is more even.

Thanks for any guidance.

here is what I do with my routine:

PM
cleanse (wait 30 minutes or use a low pH cleanser for a no-wait-time)
exfoliative wait 30 mins(I use Retin A here, but AHAs, BHAs or retinols can be used too)
CPs - I use Super CP now. I had to work my way up to it since it's strong. wait til absorbed. I also apply my Night Eyes at this time.
Emu Oil - when applied after CPs, it helps to push them in. great moisturizer. may use squalene oil instead

AM
cleanse wait
exfoliative (BHA for me here since I have very clogged pores, most ppl don't use 2 diff kinds)wait
CPs - optional/it takes a while to build up to twice/day and you may not need it that often. I just want to see fast results so I either use CPs or vit C in the AM
Emu Oil
sunscreen

A different method to doing this is to apply your exfoliatives at night (Retin A needs to be used at night since sunlight will degrade it) and apply the CPs in the AM (opposite ends of the day). This will save some time this way.
Offline foxeskier  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2009 3:22:03 PM(UTC)

Hi marylandgal

You could do as your derm suggests - retinoids offer some pretty cool stuff (with all the studies that have been done on them), but I personally think it's fine to alternate every other day w/ Taz one night and the AHA the next night. It can introduce fatigue to your skin to use too much of the acids too often.

If your skin is reacting fine to the CPs, then you can start to increase the dosage of them. If you dilute 50% now (4 drops CPs/4 drops H2O), then go w/ 5 drops CPS/3 drops H2O for a week or 2 and then increase the CPs/decrease the H2O then next week after that.

You can also use your CPs at night, just start your routine a little earlier and do a 30 minute to 60 minute wait after applying the acids and before you apply the CPs. You can apply the emu oil at night that way too (after the CPs absorb) and not worry about being oily in the morning.

For sunscreen- have you looked into foundation that includes it? Or a mineral makeup (that has SS built in)? Some other alternatives for the milia. A MMU would be a better choice for someone who's skin gets clogged w/ blackheads and milia anyway. Stay away from liquid products like SS or foundations.

As for moving the AHA to nighttime. Give AHA's/BHAs about 30 minutes before applying anything on top and the retinoids like Taz a little longer (an hour if you can). You'll get better results that way.

HTH
Offline foxeskier  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2009 3:24:19 PM(UTC)

Hi,
please maybe you could help me out to order a product which is using a copper peptide technology (and is strong enough to give results). I surfed now and found out that it is mainly sold in the US. I am from India, but my husband travels to the US (for work). To Southern California.
Also I could order in Germany.
Preferable I would like to order the products from Dr. Pickarts site but since we do not have an adress in the US, difficult.

Do you know if there is a shop where my husband could buy it near Palo Alto or do you know of a similar product beeing sold in Europe?

Thanks so much.
Regards
Sophia

Hi Sophia - sorry I didn't see your post earlier. Have you found a source to buy the CPs? If not, I know that Skin Biology does ship international.
Offline marylandgal  
#37 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2009 2:18:57 PM(UTC)

Hi, Foxe, sorry for the slow response, thanks for your suggestions! I'm looking forward to continuing with the CP, I'm definitely seeing results in terms of redness reduction.

Next time I'd like to buy the larger bottle but everyone complains about the way it squirts out instead of the very useful dropper bottle. I wonder if I can buy a plastic dropper bottle at the drugstore; any ideas? I looked but I don't think I can refill the small one. This is the Skin Bio stuff, btw. Great line.
Offline MissJ  
#38 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2009 3:19:36 PM(UTC)

lOOKs like I'm going to have to order Skin Biology. They dont sell the Neutrogena copper peptides at CVS anymore.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline liza  
#39 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 11:35:38 PM(UTC)

i've been using the cps, emu oil, retina a for a month now and haven't noticed any difference. I know it's probably too soon but when will I see some results????
Offline liza  
#40 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2009 11:28:06 PM(UTC)

what type of razor should be used for skin plaining?
Offline MissJ  
#41 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2009 2:28:00 PM(UTC)

liza,
I just use a disposable 'lady razor' I get at store. That and men's shaving cream.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline foxeskier  
#42 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 12:05:36 PM(UTC)

liza wrote:
i've been using the cps, emu oil, retina a for a month now and haven't noticed any difference. I know it's probably too soon but when will I see some results????

A month isn't all that long - and it might depend on HOW you use the products. In other words - do you abide by a wait time between the products to get the best results. You also could try a different exfoliative, like an AHA or a BHA to see if that helps.

Wait times are important, esp w/ exfolitives. Exfoliatives, like AHAs, BHAs and retinols/retinoids (Retin A) are pH dependent. pH dependent products work best at low pH's - around 3.0 With a pH at that level, your skin also needs to be at a low or neutral pH (less than 7.0). Depending on what cleanser is used - a lot of cleasners have a high pH - you may need to wait approx 30 minutes AFTER cleansing to let the pH of your skin return to normal (4.5-5.5) before applying an exfoliative. THEN, once your skin's pH is at a normal level, then you can apply your exfoliative. A BHA, AHA or retinoid has a low pH and works best when applied to skin whose pH is also at or near the level of the pH of the exfoliative. IE - the exfoliative will work best applied to skin that has rested after cleansing for about 20-30 minutes.

Once the exfoliative has been applied, it TOO has to rest before any other product is applied to it. The exfoliative takes about 30 minutes to work and if you apply any other product on top before it has had a chance to work, it will not work as well.

I find the CPs work best when used on alternate nights w/ an exfoliative and then I also do not apply anything on top of my exfoliative after using it. I also use emu oil on top fo the CPs for greater penetration.

PM Routine

cleanse (wait 30 min)
exfoliate (Retin A or BHA or AHA) wait 30 min)

on alternate nights:

cleanse
treat (CPs) no need to wait - not pH sensitive
moisturize (emu oil)

Using CPs is a slow way to improve your skin quality. You need patience using them
Offline kosmeds  
#43 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 7:01:48 AM(UTC)

I don't think copper peptides do anything. Notice how everyone who claims to be getting a benefit is also using tretinoin and/or hydroxy acids. Take those out of the equation and out goes the benefit. Also I strongly suspect that those who think they are achieving benefits are probably just mitigating some of the dermatitis from the irritants in their routine.

There aren't any convincing studies in decent journals for anti-aging benefits. Only some conference proceedings with a small number of subjects, some of whom received no benefit. In the literature it's been studied as a wound healer, but in the sole paper using humans published in a high-quality journal, it did not provide a benefit for CO2 lasering patients.

I'd save my money and use it for things that actually work. I gave it a year of my life. That was more than what it deserved.
Offline kk25  
#44 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2010 4:55:27 PM(UTC)

I love the copper peptides for me they work.
Offline Ryan  
#45 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2010 9:50:15 PM(UTC)

kosmeds wrote:
I don't think copper peptides do anything. Notice how everyone who claims to be getting a benefit is also using tretinoin and/or hydroxy acids. Take those out of the equation and out goes the benefit. Also I strongly suspect that those who think they are achieving benefits are probably just mitigating some of the dermatitis from the irritants in their routine.

There aren't any convincing studies in decent journals for anti-aging benefits. Only some conference proceedings with a small number of subjects, some of whom received no benefit. In the literature it's been studied as a wound healer, but in the sole paper using humans published in a high-quality journal, it did not provide a benefit for CO2 lasering patients.

I'd save my money and use it for things that actually work. I gave it a year of my life. That was more than what it deserved.

I think I pretty much agree, but they did actually fade a pink burn spot that was there for months on me.