logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline laurad  
#61 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 10:19:49 PM(UTC)

Woman
Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
I posted that FOR Foxskier. It's not my post. She had a hard time posting so I posted that FOR her.

Oh sorry I thought that was you. Do you recommend any skin care products? I currently use Elta MD and the Biophora lines
Offline MissJ  
#62 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 12:16:46 AM(UTC)

Nothing out of ordinary, retin a and your choice of moisturizer.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline laurad  
#63 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 11:14:12 AM(UTC)

Woman
Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Nothing out of ordinary, retin a and your choice of moisturizer.

Retin A was awful for me. I used the Retin A micro .04% once a week and it made my skin red, peeling and crepe pappery
i have really sensitive rosatia type skin
Offline MissJ  
#64 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 1:38:04 PM(UTC)

Well, retin A is not 'right' for EVERYONE. Of course, if you are experiencing effects you don't want from it, than discontinuing use would be the way to go.

Originally Posted by: laurad Go to Quoted Post
Retin A was awful for me. I used the Retin A micro .04% once a week and it made my skin red, peeling and crepe pappery
i have really sensitive rosatia type skin

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Page  
#65 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2016 8:13:40 AM(UTC)

Laurad..I too have sensitive rocseca prone skin and could not tolerate Retin A. My derm switched me to tazorac cream and I am astounded with the results. It takes time tghough..you must start out very slowly. Once every 4 nights at first and gradually work up to every night. Not sure why I can tolerate this since it is supposedly very strong but it is amazing stuff!
Offline laurad  
#66 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2016 4:12:18 PM(UTC)

Woman
Originally Posted by: Page Go to Quoted Post
Laurad..I too have sensitive rocseca prone skin and could not tolerate Retin A. My derm switched me to tazorac cream and I am astounded with the results. It takes time tghough..you must start out very slowly. Once every 4 nights at first and gradually work up to every night. Not sure why I can tolerate this since it is supposedly very strong but it is amazing stuff!

Thanks Page! Is it only available by perscription
Offline Sarah W  
#67 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2016 11:37:21 PM(UTC)

Woman
Originally Posted by: Page Go to Quoted Post

Great, Page:) Can you please describe the results? It sounds worth a try as i cannot tolerate RetinA either

Offline Meeka  
#68 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2016 6:31:49 AM(UTC)

In house pharmacy have it but its quite expensive
Offline Page  
#69 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2016 4:02:39 PM(UTC)

Hey Sarah..the results are similar to retinA. Over time it has improved fine lines age spots and overall clarity and even firmness. Like I said it takes patience and you can expect peeling..but not the irritation and redness...I personally love it consider it my best defense in this endless anti aging battle.
Offline Mike D  
#70 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2016 11:02:40 PM(UTC)

I've used Tazorac off and on over the years and agree with Page's assessment. My skin tolerates it much better than Retin A. They are both very similar but I didn't have nearly as much peeling as I did from Retin A.