logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MissJ  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 12:35:29 PM(UTC)

Time for an update. I'd love to hear how the CPs are working for everyone else too.

I've been using CPs for 7 months now. My skin is looking the best it's ever looked. I've gotten amazing compliments about my age too! Just last night someone I had just met thought I was only in my early 40's and last month I got carded at a Cubs game (rule to card under 35 yr olds). Not bad for a 50 year old, IMHO.

What have the CPs done for me? Tightened up my skin, improved the laxity and crepyness, made the pores smaller, removed skin tags, changed the texture of poor skin, improved the health of my nails (former peelers/spliters), & gotten rid of most of my calloused, fissured, dry skin on my feet (there are layers and layers of old, nasty skin getting removed, so it takes time).

I currently use the Super CP Serum, Retin A Micro, a 2% BHA (very oily, clogged skin - only one exfoliant is usually needed), and occasionally Emu Oil (to push the CPs in). I use Night Eyes Premier for my eyes. In the evening, I apply the retinoid about 20-30 minutes after cleansing (per directions for them), then apply the CPs and Emu Oil. In the AM, I cleanse with a low-neutral pH cleanser(so it does not disturb my skin's pH), then apply the BHA and wait about 30 minutes for it to work. I will occasionally also apply the CPs in the morning after this, but not always. I do want my BHA to work it's best, so I do the reguired wait time. I will get dressed, make my bed, put laundry in, etc, to use up the time. I will also use the Super Cop 2X occasionally for spot treatment. It worked great on the skin tags and removal of a blemish that was to have been removed w/ surgery. The CPs did it w/out a scar! I also used it for a while on the bands on my neck and saw them disappear or greatly diminish.

Improvements are still ongoing. At 7 months, I still see changes going on. And I can still move up in strength on some areas. I plan on getting the regular Night Eyes and I might use the SC2X more often. When I first tried using it I did see some uglies and had to back off. When I use it for spot treating now, the areas it touches are left so smooth w/ barely visible pores.

It is very important to use some sort of an exfoliant with the CPs. The CPs work by bringing the old, damaged skin up to the surface and need the exfoliant to help remove that stuff so it can get replaced w/ normal skin that the CPs help to generate.

I have seen this heppen to a couple of scarred areas I had. I unsuccessfully tried to remove the scarred tissue over the years, but was finally able to do it successfully with the combo of CPs and BHA. The same thing happened to the xerosis on my feet. The skin was terribly thickened, dry and had fissures in it. With the use of an exfoliative, a pumice stone and the CPs, the skin is now growing normally and not thickening up any more.

This 'skin remodeling' (as Skin Bio likes to call it) is the same thing happening to my face and with some acne blemishes that I've acquired the last few months. It has also helped remodel the skin on my upper eyelids - WOW! I use to pull the skin along w/ the sponge applicator when I applied eyeshadow. The lid also bagged/sagged quite a bit and was sitting nearly on my lashes. That skin has tightened up enuf to pull back from my lashes (exposing some lid - I can now see some shadow on the lower part under the crease now) and the skin doesn't come along w/ the sponge as much as it use to. Still some tightening needed. Skin Bio says it can take up to a year and I can still move up in strength in the CPs.

I've been real happy with the results I get in my mirror (esp the 5X one), but the icing on the cake has been the compliments I've recieved the last few months. Can't beat that!

For reminders on the order of application(and wait times)

PM

cleanse (wait 20-30 minutes or use a low pH cleanser)
exfoliant (I use Retin A here) (wait 30 minutes to let your exfoliant work)
CPs (wait til absorbed)
Emu Oil (helps to push the CPs in)

AM

cleanse (wait)
exfoliant (BHA here for me - I use 2 diff exfoliants since I have oily, acne prone, very clogged pores - most do not need 2)wait 30 minutes
Vit C or CPs (I like CPs more, but had bought the Vit C and it was expensive, so I'm using it up)
Sunscreen

Contributor= Foxskier.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline foxeskier  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 2:50:49 PM(UTC)

Wow MissJ - you've made a sticky out of this. It will make it easier for people to read about CPs this way. The other thread would disappear into the archives (and need to use the search function to find it.)

We'll let ppl read that one too - here it is

http://missjfacialplasti...rom-copper-peptides.aspx
Offline foxeskier  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 3:24:42 PM(UTC)

For those reading this thread the first time and don't know what copper peptides are - they were developed by Dr. Pickart back in the 70's while working on a graduate degree, & first launched in the mid to late 80's as a wound healer/tissue regenerator with GHK-Cu technology (eventually FDA approved). This was while he was at Procyte.

He then developed his '2nd generation' CPs when he started up Skin Biology in the early 90's. (He left Procyte for 'health reasons')The basis of the new company was a second line of copper peptides based on soy bean-derived peptides. According to Pickart, the GHK – Cu peptide had the problem of being very fragile, breaking down rapidly and short acting, and cannot be used in combination with hydroxy acids. They state this second generation of copper peptides is very stable, is breakdown-resistant and can be used concurrently with hydroxy acids. These peptides have 'strong skin repair and anti-inflammatory properties.'

There are a lot of products that have some copper peptide technology out there. Procyte had sold the GHK technology to Neutrogena and Osmotics to name a few. The patents have also expired on the GHK technology, so you might see more out there soon.

In the meantime, Skin Biology's CPs are supposedly stronger than the first generation CPs. I've tried both and have to agree with that. (Skin Bio sells their own GHK product - a very nice one). Skin Bio holds the patents on the CPs and sells them on their website http://www.reverseskinaging.com/. They also allow some resellers to sell them - NCN Skin Care & Diana Yvonne are a couple of them.

I've had good luck w/ CPs. I did a lot of research on them before I took the plunge. It's important to use exfoliatives and follow the wait times with them for best results. A biological healing oil is recommended to help 'push' the CPs in after application.

If anyone else has tried them, let us know how they work for you.
Offline mich  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:34:17 AM(UTC)

I have some CP, I ordered awhile back. I never really understood how to use it
so I havent. It is clear liquid in a brown little bottle with no applicator.
So If I follow your instruction 30 minute after retin A
I apply CP with cotton, Is that correct? Should I allow to get on
a line scar I had revised 18 months ago? What about under eyes can it go there too?
Offline foxeskier  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 6:26:49 AM(UTC)

hi mich

apply CPs (serums) by adding to the palm of your hand and using a finger to dab into it and apply to your face. you can spread the remaining serum in your hand by patting where ever you want at the end. It will greatly help your scar to heal in a better fashion. exfoliation is key to doing that-maybe add a microfiber cloth to abrad the scar more and watch the CPs get rid of that scar. yes, you can apply under your eyes. I also apply above and have seen GREAT results there.

here is what I do with my routine:

PM
cleanse (wait 30 minutes or use a low pH cleanser for a no-wait-time)
exfoliative wait 30 mins(I use Retin A here, but AHAs, BHAs or retinols can be used too)
CPs - I use Super CP now. I had to work my way up to it since it's strong. wait til absorbed. I also apply my Night Eyes at this time.
Emu Oil - when applied after CPs, it helps to push them in. great moisturizer. may use squalene oil instead

AM
cleanse wait
exfoliative (BHA for me here since I have very clogged pores, most ppl don't use 2 diff kinds)wait
CPs - optional/it takes a while to build up to twice/day and you may not need it that often. I just want to see fast results so I either use CPs or vit C in the AM
Emu Oil
sunscreen

A different method to doing this is to apply your exfoliatives at night (Retin A needs to be used at night since sunlight will degrade it) and apply the CPs in the AM (opposite ends of the day). This will save some time this way.

Edited by user Saturday, November 1, 2008 11:24:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline mich  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 4:51:57 AM(UTC)

so in the pm routine you apply the cps 30 minutes after the retin a?
Offline kk25  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 4:57:23 AM(UTC)

when you start using this stuff , be very carefull, because if you use to much your skin can go crazy and start breaking out.
I wouls suggest you start maybe ounce a week then slowly increment it,

mich wrote:
Offline MissJ  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 7:01:52 AM(UTC)

kk25,
Yes, sometimes the Pickart formula can be too strong for beginners. Neutrogena or even CVS with generic brand has a night cream copper peptide product also which is probably a good product to start with.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline KadeeBelle  
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 10:52:04 AM(UTC)

Just a few points; one, Retin-A is not exactly an exfoliator, in a traditional sense. It's primary mechanism of action is modifying abnormal follicular keratinization by increasing the mitotic activity of follicular epithelia. Tretinoin also increases the turnover rate of thin, loosely-adherent corneocytes; thus, it's action is both increased turnover and debriding the skin of abnormal stratum corneum cells.

Secondly, how exactly DOES Cu(2+) affect the skin? Why are we seeing results? (At this point, we can safely say that many people are seeing results). Well, although I cannot find research from a cosmecutical company, through my reading of the journals (for my research), I have come to recognize WHY; Copper is a metal that is crucial to desmosine binding (desmosines are highly crosslinked elastin fibres):

UserPostedImage

This binding increases the cellular elastin matrix from the papillary dermis and upwards. This is why elasticity, pore reduction, etc. is noted as a clinical result.

Just thought it would be fun to share.
Offline foxeskier  
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 11:09:57 AM(UTC)

KadeeBelle wrote:
Just a few points; one, Retin-A is not exactly an exfoliator, in a traditional sense. It's primary mechanism of action is modifying abnormal follicular keratinization by increasing the mitotic activity of follicular epithelia. Tretinoin also increases the turnover rate of thin, loosely-adherent corneocytes; thus, it's action is both increased turnover and debriding the skin of abnormal stratum corneum cells.

So true (and you say it so well)

I do give my retinoid time to work - 30 to 60 or more minutes. I actually think it works really good to apply them at opposite ends of the day (Retin A in the PM and CPs in the AM). I will do that on evenings that I come home late and don't have the luxury of time to do all my skin care. I feel my skin looks better when I separate the 2.
Offline KadeeBelle  
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 2:31:44 PM(UTC)

my thoughts would be to apply them at different times during the day.... copper is easily neutralized by anything acid, including tretinoin... (which is acidic). Tret's half-live is around 85-100 min... thus, you'd have to wait quite a length of time to make sure that the tretinoin is not neutralizing the Cu.

So, AM: Cu PM: Tret
Offline foxeskier  
#12 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 2:17:53 AM(UTC)

kadeebelle -it is the first generation copper peptides (GHK-Cu)that are fragile and should not be used at the same time as an exfoliator. an exfoliator should be used at opposite ends of the day when applying these CPs.

2nd generation peptides were developed to be stronger and less fragile to exfoliatives than the first generation CPs.

instructions giving on the Skin Bio website are to not use exfoliatives at the same time of day with their Super GHK serum or cream. For the other CPs - wait 20-30 minutes afterwards or apply at opposite ends of the day.

it is important to use an exfoliative w/ the 2nd gen CPs to get the best results out of them.
Offline lillian  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2008 11:26:58 AM(UTC)

Hi!

after reading about the great results Miss j and Fox have had from using the cps I am thinking of going back to them. I used the cps for almost a year but I didn't notice an improvement in my face if anything I began to notice lose skin around my jowls. I was afraid it was the cps and stopped using them but continue under the eyes. The skin under the eyes looked very firm and the wrinkles under were smooth flat.

Perhaps one of you can help me pick the right cps for my skin type?

I have very dry sensitive skin fair complexion.

I have been using retin a for a few years now.

I didn't know cps could be used at the same time as the cps.

I want to order again from Dr pickart website.

thanks

You have motivated me Miss J!

Offline MissJ  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2008 1:26:26 PM(UTC)

fox can help with that. i just buy the brand on sale at CVS

Offline foxeskier  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2008 3:28:45 PM(UTC)

I don't know what just happened, but a post I just wrote disappeared! Can someone find it for me? It's not going to make sense elsewhere.