logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Ryan  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 4:12:51 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 4,952
Location: NYC
Anyone hear about this? It's creating a HUGE banana shortage in Japan. It sounds pretty easy- 2 Bananas in the morning with room temperature water, anything for lunch and dinner as long as it's before 8pm, and you need to go to bed by midnight(?).
http://morningbanana.com/morning-banana-diet-rules

Here's the story:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/...nsgoesbananasforanewdiet
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline barbiegirl  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 7:57:10 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 8/27/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,536
Woman
Ryan, I like you, you are a very sweet guy, but what is with the obsession with crash diets? Solid balanced nutrition and exercise will give you the body and skin you want. Eating 2 bananas with water will in the morning not do anything besides having consumed 2 bananas with water in the morning. Not to mention a high sugar breakfast is setting people up for hypoglycemia, hunger, and cravings later on in the day. Please step away from the crash diets!

Ryan wrote:
Anyone hear about this? It's creating a HUGE banana shortage in Japan. It sounds pretty easy- 2 Bananas in the morning with room temperature water, anything for lunch and dinner as long as it's before 8pm, and you need to go to bed by midnight(?).
http://morningbanana.com/morning-banana-diet-rules

Here's the story:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/...nsgoesbananasforanewdiet
"My friends, love is better than anger.
Hope is better than fear.
Optimism is better than despair.
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic.
And we’ll change the world"

Wear a yellow ribbon, March is Endometriosis Awareness Month!
Offline rpm754  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 8:38:18 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/9/2008(UTC)
Posts: 157
Man
Location: Burger barn turned funeral home
I saw this on the news this morning. May sound cliche, but breakfast is the most important meal of the day. In my opinion, it should be the largest meal of the day. I agree with barbiegirl - this is just another unhealthy fad diet.
Offline Ryan  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 8:39:12 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 4,952
Location: NYC
Ok, but just to be fair- this isn't really a 'crash-diet', it's a 'fad-diet'. What can I say, I like being trendy,lol. It's SUPER popular in Japan and it does work- some actress lost 15 pds in 6 weeks, and there are a lot of other success stories. You get to eat regular meals without having to stress out about calories for lunch and dinner. It doesn't sound crazy at all to me. I'll start it tomorrow, my friend's doing it with me- will let you know my results after a week.
Offline Ryan  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 8:45:45 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 4,952
Location: NYC
rpm754 wrote:
I saw this on the news this morning. May sound cliche, but breakfast is the most important meal of the day. In my opinion, it should be the largest meal of the day. I agree with barbiegirl - this is just another unhealthy fad diet.


Oh GROSS! I hate breakfast; I would NEVER, EVER eat a big breakfast, EVER! The thought literally makes me sick, I don't even like knowing that other people eat big breakfasts. I'm a little crazy that way, but seriously, it will never happen. I know it's supposed to get the metabolism up and all, but I just cannot eat much before at least noon. Eating bananas will at least make me eat SOMETHING for breakfast.
Offline stache  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 8:52:32 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/15/2008(UTC)
Posts: 5,700
Man
Location: Payne Whitney Ward #3
I's pretty easy to drink a meal replacement for brekkie.
Offline rpm754  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 9:02:00 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/9/2008(UTC)
Posts: 157
Man
Location: Burger barn turned funeral home
stache wrote:
I's pretty easy to drink a meal replacement for brekkie.


Yeah, I know it can be hard to eat a full breakfast during the hectic mornings. So sometimes I will have one of those 'Carnation Instant Breakfast' shakes, but I wonder if they are really nutritional as they claim or if they are just sugary crap.
Offline Ryan  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 9:10:19 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 4,952
Location: NYC
stache wrote:
I's pretty easy to drink a meal replacement for brekkie.


i don't see how that's much better than 2 bananas and water
Offline barbiegirl  
#9 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 9:13:27 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 8/27/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,536
Woman
Diets=fads=crashing=weight gain. It all leads to the same path. The bottom line is that diets make people FAT, period. Eating breakfast is super important, but I would like to see more balance than just bananas, even if you are not a breakfast person. Even if you did say 1 1/2 cups of a fresh fruit salad with a handful of raw almonds would be much more balanced without being a heavy meal. Or make a smoothie using a cup or so of frozen fruit, 1 cup of low fat unsweetened milk or soy milk, and a tablesppon of Udo's oil. Or take a hard boiled omega 3 egg, a couple Ryvita crackers and some berries to snack on throughout the morning, instead of all at once. Carnation Instant breakfast is just an enriched milkshake. Avoid them.
xox
"My friends, love is better than anger.
Hope is better than fear.
Optimism is better than despair.
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic.
And we’ll change the world"

Wear a yellow ribbon, March is Endometriosis Awareness Month!
Offline Ryan  
#10 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 9:17:22 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 4,952
Location: NYC
I do appreciate your advice and knowledge barbiegirl, don't think I don't.
Offline HideMe  
#11 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 9:57:44 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/21/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,516
Man
Location: At home, ruining this forum
I am 5'9", I weigh 125 lb., and I'm a guy... so I think most people would agree I'm thin. Some might say too thin, but they can kiss my ass... but I digress.

Anyway, I've lost of 70 pounds and kept it off for nearly 3 years. OK, I do take Adderall, but I'd maintained my weight for almost 2 years by the time I started taking it. But again I digress. (Sorry, there's a reason I take ADHD medications.)

I will definitely share how I lost it if you're interested, but you should keep in mind that I lost the weight while I was very young (I'm 21), and it probably wouldn't work for most people (although you can say that about any diet), and I am most definitely not a health expert.
USE WHAT IS DOMINANT IN A CULTURE TO CHANGE IT QUICKLY. - Jenny Holzer
Offline lindahr  
#12 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 10:02:27 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 8/31/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,710
hideme, share woth us your secrets, lol
Offline Kyle_86  
#13 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 10:06:58 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)
Posts: 66
Man
Location: CA
HideMe wrote:
I am 5'9", I weigh 125 lb., and I'm a guy... so I think most people would agree I'm thin. Some might say too thin, but they can kiss my ass... but I digress.

Anyway, I've lost of 70 pounds and kept it off for nearly 3 years. OK, I do take Adderall, but I'd maintained my weight for almost 2 years by the time I started taking it. But again I digress. (Sorry, there's a reason I take ADHD medications.)

I will definitely share how I lost it if you're interested, but you should keep in mind that I lost the weight while I was very young (I'm 21), and it probably wouldn't work for most people (although you can say that about any diet), and I am most definitely not a health expert.


ROTFL!! --------- sometimes i wish i could get adderall to use as a study aide
Offline Ryan  
#14 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 12:10:43 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 4,952
Location: NYC
I like Adderall because it helps me focus. I take it daily, so i don't think it has any effect on my appetite at this point. I am taking it for ADD and for depression.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
Previous Topic Next Topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.