logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline iblintine  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 1:52:47 PM(UTC)
Rank: Guest

Joined: 8/27/2008(UTC)
Posts: 217
I know you begin to age from the moment of birth, but at what age do people generally start going "past their prime"?
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline barbiegirl  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 1:57:16 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 8/27/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,536
Woman
It has a lot to do with skin care, nutrition, exercise, SPF, and genetics, but I would say on average between 35-40 is when most people's looks begin to decline if nothing is done to maintain them.
xox
"My friends, love is better than anger.
Hope is better than fear.
Optimism is better than despair.
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic.
And we’ll change the world"

Wear a yellow ribbon, March is Endometriosis Awareness Month!
Offline iblintine  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 4:15:01 PM(UTC)
Rank: Guest

Joined: 8/27/2008(UTC)
Posts: 217
barbiegirl wrote:
It has a lot to do with skin care, nutrition, exercise, SPF, and genetics, but I would say on average between 35-40 is when most people's looks begin to decline if nothing is done to maintain them.
xox


Thank-you barbie, If I may ask, are you in the health care, or in a looks based industry. Something about your informative posts make me surmise so. :)
UserPostedImage
Offline violeta  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 1:45:09 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,305
Location: northeast
barbiegirl wrote:
It has a lot to do with skin care, nutrition, exercise, SPF, and genetics, but I would say on average between 35-40 is when most people's looks begin to decline if nothing is done to maintain them.
xox


I'm not in the skincare industry, but am a firm believer in good sunscreen, and taking care of skin overall, exercise, good nutrition, antioxidants, etc. I see it in people I've known for years, those who had alot of sun look older than those who didn't (in their 30s), and those who never bothered to take care of their skin or think about 'aging', until they started seeing some signs of aging, look older than those who did more 'preventive' care in their 20s. But the best prevention is a good sunscreen that blocks high UVA, by far, and alot of people swear by retin-a, vitamin c, etc.
Offline stache  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 2:15:07 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/15/2008(UTC)
Posts: 5,700
Man
Location: Payne Whitney Ward #3
I think people really start to decline after about 42 years of age.
Offline violeta  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 2:22:52 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,305
Location: northeast
stache wrote:
I think people really start to decline after about 42 years of age.


Really, how did you come up with that number, 42? Unless you are just kidding.
But seriously, I have always seen a sort of big difference between someone mid-late 30s, where they still kind of look young, then after they pass 40, 41, they suddenly look older. It's not a huge amount of years difference, but it seems that something starts to happen after that 40ish age mark. I mean, someone 24 or 28/29(4-5 yrs difference), sometimes still can look about the same age. But someone 42 can look alot older than 37 sometimes. Is that true for everyone, or just certain skin types, genes, etc?
Yet, I've seen alot of women look haggard about 35 too.
Offline Improved  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 2:37:14 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/16/2008(UTC)
Posts: 942
Location: _como un Perro
I agree with the 42-43 y.o. for myself (others maybe later, a few earlier)....for some reason, 42 was IT. I am sure it all had been starting earlier, but that's when I couldn't deny things had changed. Looking at old photos, my face was getting hollow since about 35, but I didn't 'see' it. Nora Eprhon wrote a (pretty lame) book I bought and read entitled I Feel Bad About My Neck. My literary complaint is that the book seemed hurried, like she finished it over one weekend in record time with little thought or care. It DOES contain amusing anecdotes that resonate with anyone noticing critical mass of decline beauty-wise. My neck REALLY went to he** at exactly age 43, as if on cue. (That would be genetics here--my mom's (age 65) largest complaint is her neck.)

Thank God for p.s. and problems not bigger. :)
Offline barbiegirl  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 3:12:30 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 8/27/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,536
Woman
No problem iblintine, I am actually in both industries. I went to make up school/beauty therapy school when I was 19, and will be graduating with a nutrition degree in the spring of 2009.
xox


iblintine wrote:
barbiegirl wrote:
It has a lot to do with skin care, nutrition, exercise, SPF, and genetics, but I would say on average between 35-40 is when most people's looks begin to decline if nothing is done to maintain them.
xox


Thank-you barbie, If I may ask, are you in the health care, or in a looks based industry. Something about your informative posts make me surmise so. :)
"My friends, love is better than anger.
Hope is better than fear.
Optimism is better than despair.
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic.
And we’ll change the world"

Wear a yellow ribbon, March is Endometriosis Awareness Month!
Offline Chris K  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 4:06:53 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/17/2008(UTC)
Posts: 8,610
Woman
Location: miss j's board
I've heard 42/3 too. That's around the age my mom starting looking older.

I will say that even though I'm only 31, at around 28 (and I've heard this from others)I lost a nice layer of facial fat.
Offline iblintine  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2008 1:56:46 PM(UTC)
Rank: Guest

Joined: 8/27/2008(UTC)
Posts: 217
Chris K wrote:
I've heard 42/3 too. That's around the age my mom starting looking older.

I will say that even though I'm only 31, at around 28 (and I've heard this from others)I lost a nice layer of facial fat.


this aging thing..yech.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 29, 2008 8:49:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Jadegreen  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2008 2:05:28 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/28/2008(UTC)
Posts: 576
There is no set age. Its all in how you take care of yourself. Exercise, eating right and maintaining weight, constant ps procedures and picking at your face in the mirror, dressing properly and having good hygiene. Fat can be replaced. But knowing your family history and being able to see yourself in your parents or sibling, I believe, can help you with what procedures you may need to soften the aging effects.
Offline kk25  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 2:30:30 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/11/2008(UTC)
Posts: 7,107
Honestly I think that people start to go down hill at 25
cell regeneration becomes slower,
Offline iblintine  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:43:24 AM(UTC)
Rank: Guest

Joined: 8/27/2008(UTC)
Posts: 217
kk25 wrote:
Honestly I think that people start to go down hill at 25
cell regeneration becomes slower,


I know harmone production hits a peak in your late twenties early 30s, so that might be a "turning" point for looking worse.
UserPostedImage
Offline violeta  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:46:42 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,305
Location: northeast
iblintine wrote:
kk25 wrote:
Honestly I think that people start to go down hill at 25
cell regeneration becomes slower,


I know harmone production hits a peak in your late twenties early 30s, so that might be a "turning" point for looking worse.


Aging may 'start' sooner than we think, but that doesn't mean everyone looks aged or bad at 25 either. I personally still looked 19/20, when I was 25, and nobody believed me when I told them my age. It starts to accelerate in your 30s, and much more in the 40s, and probably the worst after 50, so I've read. But it also depends on your lifestyle, how much sun you've had, etc. I know my friends who loved tanning salons ALL look older than I do now. They also started to look older late 20s, and I was still getting carded.
Offline iblintine  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:18:31 PM(UTC)
Rank: Guest

Joined: 8/27/2008(UTC)
Posts: 217
violeta wrote:
iblintine wrote:
kk25 wrote:
Honestly I think that people start to go down hill at 25
cell regeneration becomes slower,


I know harmone production hits a peak in your late twenties early 30s, so that might be a "turning" point for looking worse.


Aging may 'start' sooner than we think, but that doesn't mean everyone looks aged or bad at 25 either. I personally still looked 19/20, when I was 25, and nobody believed me when I told them my age. It starts to accelerate in your 30s, and much more in the 40s, and probably the worst after 50, so I've read. But it also depends on your lifestyle, how much sun you've had, etc. I know my friends who loved tanning salons ALL look older than I do now. They also started to look older late 20s, and I was still getting carded.


older celebs like liv tyler(aerosmith's daughter) give me hope!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 29, 2008 8:49:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
Previous Topic Next Topic
2 Pages12>
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.