logo

  As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Anya77  
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2021 7:43:43 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008(UTC)
Posts: 776
Location: West Coast
Originally Posted by: Greg Go to Quoted Post
As another possible explanation: mightn't this have been application of prosthetics just for the show, inspired by the Weeknd's recent use of an identical approach for his music video--which seemed to reference Bella Hadid PS? Fashion shows sometimes incorporate shock value in the styling to generate people talking about them.



Yeah I’m seeing people saying this too
Offline Anya77  
#17 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2021 7:50:17 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008(UTC)
Posts: 776
Location: West Coast
Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post
An interesting commentary on Demi Moore from a doc I follow on Instagram:
https://www.instagram.co...H1e/?igshid=l3gzgeqgcgo1

He suspects a few lifts, fat or filler excess in the zygoma and an ill-advised buccal fat procedure. He gives some pretty good detailed explanations, although it’s just a guess.


He’s using two photos from the same show (a couple days ago) as 2020 photos to explain what happened prior (I think) interesting regarding buccal fat .
Offline MissJ  
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2021 11:49:48 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 26,768
People over 50 and especially nearing 60 getting face work usually DON'T get buccal fat removal, especially if they never had chipmunk cheeks to begin with. That looks like a pull vector to me. Feldman used to do something like that but where he got the area to DRAPE subtlety so it looked like blush to area between cheek and jaw. It's a pull and redrape starting from lateral orbicularis oris (mouth muscle) and going up diagonally between cheek and jaw. She had some bunching right beside the corners of her lips prior. As to the buccal fat, that too can be grabbed and displaced higher. But I don't think it would be removal in someone like her. They can go into multiple planes, grab one thing in one plane, pull it on a path in one direction and then go get another thing from another plane and displace in another vector.


Originally Posted by: Anya77 Go to Quoted Post
Ya everyone is freaking out telling me I’m wrong (on YouTube) and saying she had buccal fat removal ; ya ok - Miss J is right


Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.


Offline Anya77  
#19 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 12:07:47 AM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008(UTC)
Posts: 776
Location: West Coast
Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
People over 50 and especially nearing 60 getting face work usually DON'T get buccal fat removal, especially if they never had chipmunk cheeks to begin with. That looks like a pull vector to me. Feldman used to do something like that but where he got the area to DRAPE subtlety so it looked like blush to area between cheek and jaw. It's a pull and redrape starting from lateral orbicularis oris (mouth muscle) and going up diagonally between cheek and jaw. She had some bunching right beside the corners of her lips prior. As to the buccal fat, that too can be grabbed and displaced higher. But I don't think it would be removal in someone like her. They can go into multiple planes, grab one thing in one plane, pull it on a path in one direction and then go get another thing from another plane and displace in another vector.






Yeah this is exactly what I said but got told by one adamant commenter that I’m wrong and that she’s friends with world renowned surgeons who do remove buccal fat . Then a host of plastic surgeons online saying she had buccal fat removal got me second guessing even though I myself noted she never had that kind of buccal fat issue to begin with ! I’ve noticed plastic surgeons in general aren’t very good at parsing out what PS someone has had; one even said she got a thread lift ; ok 👌
Offline Robin  
#20 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 12:40:40 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/7/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,101
Location: No PMs
Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post
An interesting commentary on Demi Moore from a doc I follow on Instagram:
https://www.instagram.co...H1e/?igshid=l3gzgeqgcgo1

He suspects a few lifts, fat or filler excess in the zygoma and an ill-advised buccal fat procedure. He gives some pretty good detailed explanations, although it’s just a guess.


that was an interesting analysis. if you look at Demi's insta, you can see that super-severe hollowing over the past couple of years - I noticed it when she did her publicity tour for the book in the fall of 2019 - i was startled by the pics in the NY times article about the book. the commentary about her overcompensating with filler on the upper zygoma made sense too.
Robin attached the following image(s):
demi.jpg (421kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Offline Mike D  
#21 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 4:58:19 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/24/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,206
Location: Between the moon and NYC
Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
that was an interesting analysis. if you look at Demi's insta, you can see that super-severe hollowing over the past couple of years - I noticed it when she did her publicity tour for the book in the fall of 2019 - i was startled by the pics in the NY times article about the book. the commentary about her overcompensating with filler on the upper zygoma made sense too.


Yes I just looked back at her Instagram and you can see the progression.
Offline MissJ  
#22 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 6:03:50 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 26,768
Well, participation and commentary on Youtube is certainly going to be higher in numbers and varied in perspective than my little cocoon here. My 'take' was not influenced by anybody else's commentary elsewhere and was one just limited to looking at the entry picture of her in this thread. But, of course, if both of our takes were similar, I'd agree with you.

As to buccal fat pad 'removal', it could have been 'removed' in some way OTHER than popping it out of the buccal space and tossing it into medical waste. Atrophy from aging and displacement/relocation higher on the face are certainly things that would/could have occurred prior, assuming that the photo is the outcome of a recent surgery and also that she most likely had prior surgeries as most celebs do.

In the picture Robin posted, the buccal space area does look hollowed out BUT she has an ogee curve (upper cheek prominence) she NEVER had before when younger. So, she could have had a prior lift that displaced the buccal fat pad onto her upper cheeks (vascularized pedical fat). So, with the buccal gone from prior displacement of it lift to give her an ogee she never even had when young and the clock ticking with time, the emptied out buccal space along with some aging, doesn't support the area beside the mouth as it used to. To address that, the NEXT lift would need to put a direct vector from sides of lips and diagonally upward to smooth out the area where she's slack (beside the mouth and to the prior emptied out buccal hollow). Guess what happens to the already emptied out buccal hollow when it's part of a diagonal 'pull' vector? It gets smoothed out and the hollow becomes more visible, the sides of the mouth area can get a weird look and you get a very distinct 'SUCK IN' area right between the filled out cheeks where they probably put the buccal pad in a prior lift. Well, at least, that's what she has in the photo that the internet is 'buzzing' about.



Originally Posted by: Anya77 Go to Quoted Post
Yeah this is exactly what I said but got told by one adamant commenter that I’m wrong and that she’s friends with world renowned surgeons who do remove buccal fat . Then a host of plastic surgeons online saying she had buccal fat removal got me second guessing even though I myself noted she never had that kind of buccal fat issue to begin with ! I’ve noticed plastic surgeons in general aren’t very good at parsing out what PS someone has had; one even said she got a thread lift ; ok 👌


Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.


Offline Mike D  
#23 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 6:25:21 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/24/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,206
Location: Between the moon and NYC
Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post


As to buccal fat pad 'removal', it could have been 'removed' in some way OTHER than popping it out of the buccal space and tossing it into medical waste. Atrophy from aging and displacement/relocation higher on the face are certainly things that would/could have occurred prior, assuming that the photo is the outcome of a recent surgery and also that she most likely had prior surgeries as most celebs do.

In the picture Robin posted, the buccal space area does look hollowed out BUT she has an ogee curve (upper cheek prominence) she NEVER had before when younger. So, she could have had a prior lift that displaced the buccal fat pad onto her upper cheeks (vascularized pedical fat). So, with the buccal gone from prior displacement of it lift to give her an ogee she never even had when young and the clock ticking with time, the emptied out buccal space along with some aging, doesn't support the area beside the mouth as it used to. To address that, the NEXT lift would need to put a direct vector from sides of lips and diagonally upward to smooth out the area where she's slack (beside the mouth and to the prior emptied out buccal hollow). Guess what happens to the already emptied out buccal hollow when it's part of a diagonal 'pull' vector? It gets smoothed out and the hollow becomes more visible, the sides of the mouth area can get a weird look and you get a very distinct 'SUCK IN' area right between the filled out cheeks where they probably put the buccal pad in a prior lift. Well, at least, that's what she has in the photo that the internet is 'buzzing' about.







Yes, exactly! The removal or alteration of the buccal fat pad doesn’t necessarily have to be the removal of the entire pad through the mouth incision. It can be partially removed, or displaced in the manner you describe and can also be trimmed slightly during a formal facelift surgery and left in place. It’s always possible that this can look great initially, but hollow in the years to come as more fat atrophies.
Offline MissJ  
#24 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 8:04:34 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 26,768
Ya, it probably looked good if she had that years back. But years later, they would have to pull at the empty buccal space area to make things tight. I just tend not to think they plucked it and chucked it during a recent surgery.

Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post
Yes, exactly! The removal or alteration of the buccal fat pad doesn’t necessarily have to be the removal of the entire pad through the mouth incision. It can be partially removed, or displaced in the manner you describe and can also be trimmed slightly during a formal facelift surgery and left in place. It’s always possible that this can look great initially, but hollow in the years to come as more fat atrophies.


Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.


Offline Mike D  
#25 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 8:08:29 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/24/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,206
Location: Between the moon and NYC
Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Ya, it probably looked good if she had that years back. But years later, they would have to pull at the empty buccal space area to make things tight. I just tend not to think they plucked it and chucked it during a recent surgery.





Yes, and the sad part is that they could have just filled it a tad instead of pulling if this most recent look is in fact the result of surgery (that I’m still not convinced of... my thoughts are more aligned with Greg’s, but time will tell).
Offline MissJ  
#26 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 9:36:49 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 26,768
Well, we never really know for sure what these celebs do. They don't publisize their op reports, each time they do it and there are a whole lot of Hollywood make up prosthetic tricks that could be done for show. But that's what someone could look like if they got the buccal displaced in a prior surgery (as opposed to removal in a recent one) , hoisted onto the cheeks, aged later and then got a strong pull between the cheeks and jaw.


Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post
Yes, and the sad part is that they could have just filled it a tad instead of pulling if this most recent look is in fact the result of surgery (that I’m still not convinced of... my thoughts are more aligned with Greg’s, but time will tell).


Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.


Offline blahnose  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2021 11:43:23 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 510
Location: the nose knows
thanks for everyone's thoughts--and v interesting about the vector. The description of it does match what I'm seeing in this picture.
garner: I will not watch another movie of his until he gets a deep cervicoplasty.
Offline Anya77  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2021 3:50:32 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008(UTC)
Posts: 776
Location: West Coast
Update : DEMI did a live interview with Naomi Campbell this morning and I recorded it; All the changes are still there 100% . She looks more like herself because she is making her usual facial expressions while in the show she was more stone faced. I think she looks great and youthful; this is a still from the live interview
Anya77 attached the following image(s):
Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 12.52.03 PM.png (474kb) downloaded 9 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Offline Meeka  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2021 5:47:34 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/3/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,669
Location: UK
Hope it’s ok to post this link , it mentions Demi .

Edited by moderator Wednesday, February 17, 2021 4:37:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline MissJ  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2021 4:37:41 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 26,768
Sorry Meeka.

I delete links to media venues (here UK 'Daily Mail') because they prevent me (the mod of this board) from reading the contents unless I disable my ad blocker (and get bombarded with what ever ads they have on there).



Originally Posted by: Meeka Go to Quoted Post
Hope it’s ok to post this link , it mentions Demi .


Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.


Users browsing this topic
Guest
Previous Topic Next Topic
3 Pages<123>
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.