logo

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Greg  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 6:32:33 PM(UTC)

Man
Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all keeping well.

Is there a cosmetic dentist who you think is currently doing especially beautiful, modern, and natural-looking mouth/smile transformations, primarily with porcelain veneers or possibly a blend of new techniques? If so, please share their info--thanks!

I currently have porcelain veneers (10 on top and 8 on bottom) that were done between 2001 - 2004 by two of the go-to cosmetic dentists of that time period: Marc Lowenberg in New York and Laurence Rifkin in Beverly Hills. Those docs do quality work, but techniques and teeth aesthetics have become a lot more sophisticated and nuanced since the early 2000s, and I have also developed more refined aesthetic expectations since then regarding tooth shape, length, etc. So, I would like to work with a younger, more current dentist to update/modernize the front six teeth on top and front four on bottom. The city they're located in doesn't matter to me, I'm happy to travel to them in order to achieve the particular results I like. As with the surgeons we discuss here, I would prefer a true dental master-artist rather than a self-promoting, celeb-type dentist.

Thanks again.
Offline Chris K  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 7:08:53 AM(UTC)

Woman
To be honest I’ve researched this endlessly and only a handful in the US do natural looking veneers. The US is actually far behind when it comes to cosmetic dentistry. South America and Dubai are considered more capitals and the ceramicist there take their job seriously. Instagram is where all the cosmetic dentist showcase their work. I’ll try to find some links. Dr Apa in nyc and LA is a celeb dentist but does pretty natural work compared to the others. Plus he understands teeth in general. He charges 4000 a tooth!!
Offline Mike D  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 7:44:15 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Chris K Go to Quoted Post
To be honest I’ve researched this endlessly and only a handful in the US do natural looking veneers. The US is actually far behind when it comes to cosmetic dentistry. South America and Dubai are considered more capitals and the ceramicist there take their job seriously. Instagram is where all the cosmetic dentist showcase their work. I’ll try to find some links. Dr Apa in nyc and LA is a celeb dentist but does pretty natural work compared to the others. Plus he understands teeth in general. He charges 4000 a tooth!!

I follow Dr. Apa and really like his work. He definitely lives a lavish lifestyle as portrayed on his Instagram, so no surprise that his prices are as high as listed by Chris K. I think that another factor of his high price is that he has an amazing team of in-house ceramists and pairs each patient with whichever ceramist he thinks is best matched to the patients wants. It seems like he really goes a step beyond most dentists.

Greg, if you are on Instagram, of course check out Apa, but also check out the dentists he follows. You might find one of the same quality but less of the hype, as Apa definitely has a big PR machine behind him.

https://instagram.com/do...apa?igshid=1ctobzlhzizys
Offline Greg  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 4:48:02 PM(UTC)

Man
Thanks Chris and Mike. I appreciate your thoughts.

I have been aware of Dr. Apa and am not enthusiastic about his style/results on men; I like the idea of checking out the work that's being done by others in Dubai and S. America to see if its more to my taste, and I'll also take a closer look at the docs Apa is following on Insta as some of those may have a different style or be outside the US.

I do occasionally spot very flattering teeth work on young up-and-coming models and actors in the US so it seems like there are some lesser known dentists or labs out there doing better work.
Offline Mike D  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 6:11:38 PM(UTC)

I don’t have the same type of awareness of teeth and the nuances of cosmetic dentistry that I do regarding cosmetic procedures. I’ve always had teeth that are good enough to not need much, although I did just finish 8 months of Invisalign to straighten some teeth that shifted over the years. I know it’s not what you are looking for, Greg, but if anyone else here is looking into it, I thought it was well worth the time and money for what it accomplished.
Offline Anya77  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2020 3:12:15 AM(UTC)

My hubby! I'm biased but he's booked without any advertising ever! He uses a Cerec; no sending out to labs; so he makes the changes right there in his office. I advise finding someone who uses a CEREC.