logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Anya77  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 12:08:38 PM(UTC)

I'm not going to go full on into this because no one really answers anymore but this photo looks like a scar from a lip lift. This is from 2020 Getty Images so not altered
Anya77 attached the following image(s):
Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 10.11.36 AM.png (372kb) downloaded 9 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Robin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 2:33:48 PM(UTC)

where do you see a scar?
Offline MissJ  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 2:55:55 PM(UTC)

There seems to be a wide 'U' shape right under the column of the nose. Perhaps just to bring up the very central lip above the philtral ridges.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Anya77  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 6:53:11 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
where do you see a scar?

its quite obvious on my laptop monitor try zooming in; v shape under nose
Offline Anya77  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 3:25:36 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
There seems to be a wide 'U' shape right under the column of the nose. Perhaps just to bring up the very central lip above the philtral ridges.

Exactly !
Offline Sarah W  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 6:56:45 AM(UTC)

Woman
It looks to me like she has had an open rhinoplasty, don't you think? Definitely a scar but it does not seem to go around the sills and up the sides like ll scars do ( well, mine did).

Hey I often answer!!
Offline Anya77  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 1:27:07 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Sarah W Go to Quoted Post
It looks to me like she has had an open rhinoplasty, don't you think? Definitely a scar but it does not seem to go around the sills and up the sides like ll scars do ( well, mine did).

Hey I often answer!!

Hi! My LL scar is exactly where hers is. My open rhinoplasty scar is on my actual columella

Haha you do ; I was in a salty mood
Offline Anya77  
#8 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 3:00:08 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Sarah W Go to Quoted Post

Hey I often answer!!

here's a chart and a photo:
Anya77 attached the following image(s):
Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 1.02.10 PM.png (364kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 1.02.55 PM.png (382kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Offline lucillenyc  
#9 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2020 10:33:30 AM(UTC)

I guess the question is - why would she have a lip lift? She's always had a short upper lip and full lips. There wouldn't be much benefit for a lip lift in her case, so I can't imagine she'd risk it. My vote is no, this is not a LL scar. :)
Offline lamb  
#10 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2020 2:06:36 PM(UTC)

I also don’t think she has. Just looks like a shadow or crease probably from makeup.
Offline Robin  
#11 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2020 2:42:08 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: lamb Go to Quoted Post
I also don’t think she has. Just looks like a shadow or crease probably from makeup.

This is what it looks like to me too.

Offline Anya77  
#12 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2020 6:35:40 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: lucillenyc Go to Quoted Post
I guess the question is - why would she have a lip lift? She's always had a short upper lip and full lips. There wouldn't be much benefit for a lip lift in her case, so I can't imagine she'd risk it. My vote is no, this is not a LL scar. :)

she's had a lot of nose work and that has created a more visible distance between her nose and upper lip; shes also 35 . We are talking a change of 1-2 mms here very SUBTLE its the PS that celebs get not the work that we get. She doesn't have this crease in any of her 2017 photos at least that I have found: why all these photos with creases then now? Not necessarily trying to defend but sincerely asking.
Offline Sarah W  
#13 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2020 7:12:46 PM(UTC)

Woman
Thanks for the photos explaining an open rhino. I always believed it was more at the base of the nose and that a ll and open rhino were sometimes were performed together to save on scarring. I need to do some more study!
Offline Robin  
#14 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 8:54:21 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Anya77 Go to Quoted Post
She doesn't have this crease in any of her 2017 photos at least that I have found: why all these photos with creases then now? Not necessarily trying to defend but sincerely asking.

you didn't post those photos... just this one. so you are getting answers based on that. How do her lips look in those pictures?

To your question about why you wouldn't see a crease previously and do now, other than a scar, some other reasons:
- difference in resolution of photography
- as we age, different patterns in our faces emerge with muscular movement combined with fat and dermal thinning

Edited by user Sunday, May 24, 2020 10:41:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline MissJ  
#15 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 5:09:26 PM(UTC)

It could be a crease that's formed where the column meets the labial ledge when she smiles. When the lip shortens via muscle movement to smile, it could crease there. We wouldn't see the crease when she's smiling. Her nose work looks primarily to reduce a BOXY tip where same shape but smaller box. But I don't see that (whether or not it was done in 1 or 2 surgeries to be gradually subtle) creating a more visible distance between her nose and upper lip.

Here's a pretty good compilation of photos of her though the years: https://theskincareedit....hansson-before-and-after
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)