logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Sarah W  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 6:51:59 PM(UTC)

Woman
Hoping you are all safe and well. Tough times xx
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline maybellineo  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 4:00:18 PM(UTC)

Hi Sarah:

I am doing fine. In New Orleans we are used to hardships like this. The good news is we still have electricity, cable, wifi etc to help with staying indoors. But we are getting hit with the people getting the virus. I live alone now since my husband died a year ago and my daughter got married and moved away. So social distancing isn't new to me. Hope you are well, and Miss J too.
Offline Greg  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 11:45:11 PM(UTC)

Man
Thanks for the thought, Sarah. I too hope everybody is well and keeping in a relatively peaceful state of mind. Tough times indeed!
Offline Anya77  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 5:41:59 AM(UTC)

Doing fine just freaked out !
Offline Sarah W  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 3:47:20 PM(UTC)

Woman
Its tough but I am sure we will get used to it. Total lock down in New Zealand at midnight last night. Thank God for social media. All the best everyone and we can support each other here on this board if Miss J is happy about that
Offline MissJ  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 7:24:05 PM(UTC)

Thanx Sarah for checking in. (miss j took of her wrist brace just to type this)

I'm not doing very well but can't complain. Reason I can't complain is that I have a hand injury out of NOWHERE where it makes it hard to type on keyboard. ('nowhere' is arthritic conditions and now in my HANDS.)

I've got a LITANY of med issues and each time I check on ONE of them, ANOTHER one crops up. Then come the deaths and other problems happening in my family. I'm 9 years BEHIND in getting the hip replacement. My living situation too unstable to get it. Not being able to do athletic stuff has resulted in in a LITANY of health issues. OUCH. cant elaborate much further.

Moving away from Cambridge (where Harvard and MIT is) as in being EXHILED from real estate transfers, has financially DRAINED me and DISTANCED me from near by doctors, health stuff and social activity revolving around type of intellectualisim I'm used to. I used to self support this site and also my basic expenses from CONTACTS in MIT/HARVARD community where I would TUTOR students. All that is GONE now.

Bottom line is that REMOVAL from Harvard and MIT, hospitals and contacts where I was able to subsidize this PS site has RUINED me and resulted in accelerated AGING. Hence far, I've got everything EXCEPT the corona virus.

All I ask is that peoplE DON'T e mail me privately about PS issues. With this out of blue wrist injury, I just have time to THANK people who make a contribution which I do when taking the hand BRACE off.

In short, I'm NOT dead yet. But not having the time, mind or HAND resources to focus on PS problems as I used to have the luxury of doing.

In the event I leave the planet, my legal guy (ex husband and BEST FRIEND) will keep website open pending enough AMAZON sales.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline lamb  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2020 11:43:40 AM(UTC)

I’m not doing well either.

Thinking of you all 🙏
Offline makingchoices  
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2020 5:17:18 PM(UTC)

Hi Everyone - this is such a surreal experience. I think we are all getting through it the best we can. And that is a moving target since there is no way to know how long it will last. Here is a very good YouTube channel I have been following - lots of good pointers on what is going on and the steps you can take to protect yourself.
His name is Dr John Campbell and he is very easy to listen to - rather calming actually with his relaxing British accent - (unlike most of the news these days). And he has a lot of great science backed info on what to take to prevent or treat Covid 19
https://www.youtube.com/...UCF9IOB2TExg3QIBupFtBDxg

Wishing you all well - and stay well! Its very hard to be so isolated - I'm doing Zoom or Skype calls with loved ones.

MissJ I am glad to at least know you are OK - so sorry about your wrist! I hope things somehow get better for you. You have been such a help to so many of us.
Offline Sarah W  
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2020 9:28:22 PM(UTC)

Woman
Originally Posted by: lamb Go to Quoted Post
I’m not doing well either.

Thinking of you all 🙏

What's up Lamb? Anything we can do to help from a distance?

Are you on your own?

Offline lamb  
#10 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 12:28:53 AM(UTC)

Hi Sarah, Yes I am alone. .

it’s important to be grateful for things we do have.

Thank you for thinking of me xo.

Edited by user Saturday, April 11, 2020 10:24:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Sarah W  
#11 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 4:18:13 AM(UTC)

Woman
Can you put off moving until after this is over? That is so much to cope with?

I am on my own too and finding it tough ( my husband just died last month) so I am trying to make 'to do' lists each day to keep myself motivated.It really does help.

I am here if you need to talk. You can PM if you like. Big hugs xxx
Offline lamb  
#12 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 10:22:42 AM(UTC)

I can’t put it off. I had my life on hold since I decided I needed to move and time is ticking

I’m sorry to hear about your loss as well. I’m happy to PM Or chat on a message app.
Offline Greg  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 1:22:18 PM(UTC)

Man
Sarah, just wanted to say that I'm sorry about your husband passing away. Sending you good vibes.
Offline Robin  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 5:40:05 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Sarah W Go to Quoted Post
Can you put off moving until after this is over? That is so much to cope with?

I am on my own too and finding it tough ( my husband just died last month) so I am trying to make 'to do' lists each day to keep myself motivated.It really does help.

I am here if you need to talk. You can PM if you like. Big hugs xxx

So sorry Sarah... be kind to yourself...
Online Mike D  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2020 3:04:15 PM(UTC)

Sarah,
So sorry to hear of your husband passing. I wish you all the best.