logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kosmeds  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 6:40:47 AM(UTC)

After finding his name on an ASAPS program I looked up this guy. His facelift and lip lift results are fantastic. He is in Madrid. Photos, showing the most difficult angles, are only partial face, though.

http://clinicagomezbravo...after-photos-of-surgery/
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Mike D  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 9:11:16 AM(UTC)

I’ve been following him for some time and like his work, as well. He is starting to speak a lot at the American conferences and also the international ones that the American surgeons frequent. I’ve thought of his as a definite up-and-comer. I haven’t looked at his work in awhile, but I know that he is trending towards making things more minimally invasive, such as his “preservation rhinoplasty” techniques (Dr. Marten’s partner Ellasyana is making a name with this, as well). Bravo is also starting to tout an “open threadlift.” We all know the controversies, limitations, etc of threadlifts in the past, but none that I remember were ever done with an open approach - meaning the skin is incised and elevated, thus exposing the underlying anatomy. It may be promising, or may be just another twist on plication maneuvers that already exist or a twist on Little’s cable suspension techniques. Worth a conversation anyhow. His traditional type facelifts look good to me and I know from reading some of his materials that he can and does also perform a traditional SMAS technique. A lot of his results tend to be on the subtle side as far as the face part (jowl and above), and he gets some dramatic (where needed) results in the neck.

It seems like you a). Don’t want a dramatic change and b). Haven’t aged significantly enough to warrant a major overhaul, so he might be one to explore. Cautiously, however, if you are looking at his version of the thread lift. Research the hell out of something like that before subjecting yourself to it.

He is fluent in English and you can also find him on Instagram @fgomezbravo .
Offline kosmeds  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 9:46:04 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post
It seems like you a). Don’t want a dramatic change and b). Haven’t aged significantly enough to warrant a major overhaul, so he might be one to explore. Cautiously, however, if you are looking at his version of the thread lift. Research the hell out of something like that before subjecting yourself to it.

Actually I would like to be as attractive as possible but the only significant change would be if I did maxfax. I think that the time for that has come and gone as I am 55 now.

The words of one doctor I saw in person keep ringing in my ears--that I would start looking weird after the second lift and it is just too soon to do a lift now because I will want another lift in 5 years. He was adamant that doing a lift now would be a waste of time and make me look like an alien in the future. He kind of implied that I was lucky that I had gotten this far and that if I chose wisely, I would only need one lift, ever.

All that is debatable, but a recent work opportunity means that I won't have a chance for anything invasive until mid December.

pics are gone now.

For now I think I need to focus on getting maybe 20-30 cc of fat to hold me over until then. I am looking a little depleted. Since most doctors undo fillers before they start cutting and sewing I thought that maybe a little bit of fat would be a better option. But not too much, I can't look like a pumpkin at work.

Edited by user Saturday, April 27, 2019 11:38:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Mike D  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 10:19:47 AM(UTC)

Seeing your pictures, I agree that you don’t look like you need a facelift at all. No jowling at all and you still look nice and crisp....except when you have a downward gaze, and I see what you are talking about. Maybe look into a short-scar necklift. It takes care of the area that you are talking about by tightening the muscle and REDISTRIBUTING the skin vs. REMOVING it as in the traditional face and neck lifts. Marten and Ellyasnia both offer this surgery. I’ve personally seen it work and depending on how you heal/bruise, you could reasonably be back into the public eye in two weeks.
Offline Greg  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 11:06:18 AM(UTC)

Man
United Kingdom
Dr Bravo is doing what looks to be some amazing skin resurfacing work to eliminate deep wrinkling. He doesn't detail on his website what precisely he is using to achieve it.
Offline lucillenyc  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 11:09:24 AM(UTC)

I agree that his facelift results look great. His necks look similar to Dr. Marten's, so he must have studied with him.
Offline lucillenyc  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 11:31:09 AM(UTC)

Seeing your pictures, I agree that you don’t look like you need a facelift at all. No jowling at all and you still look nice and crisp....except when you have a downward gaze, and I see what you are talking about. Maybe look into a short-scar necklift. It takes care of the area that you are talking about by tightening the muscle and REDISTRIBUTING the skin vs. REMOVING it as in the traditional face and neck lifts. Marten and Ellyasnia both offer this surgery. I’ve personally seen it work and depending on how you heal/bruise, you could reasonably be back into the public eye in two weeks.

Hmm, I think the short scar necklift works well for people who don't have a sharply defined neck/chin angle. Increasing the angle picks up the slack, but since Kosmeds already has a defined angle, I don't know where the skin would be redistributed to.

An extended necklift, which includes incisions around the ears, would probably take care of the extra skin without needing a full facelift.
Offline Mike D  
#8 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 11:59:24 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: lucillenyc Go to Quoted Post
Hmm, I think the short scar necklift works well for people who don't have a sharply defined neck/chin angle. Increasing the angle picks up the slack, but since Kosmeds already has a defined angle, I don't know where the skin would be redistributed to.

An extended necklift, which includes incisions around the ears, would probably take care of the extra skin without needing a full facelift.

I agree mostly, but also had a long conversation with Marten about it, and in some cases the short scar lift works if they undermine the skin really far down - like almost to the clavicle. It redistributes the skin downwardly. Not sure it would work on Kosmeds, but going on my conversation w/M, it’s maybe a possibility. We discussed it after one of my relatives had a short scar lift w/ Marten last year. I thought that a full neck lift would be necessary, but he was able to accomplish it with deep undermining which shifted the skin enough to make it really tight. I found that to be very interesting.

Marten’s partner Ellyasnia has some examples on his Instagram where you can see some examples (@dinomd), but like you point out, not sure if the total effect isn’t from muscle tightening, which I agree Kosmeds doesn’t appear to need from the forward gaze profile pics she provides.

I do definitely think that a consult with a neck lift pro is in order, for sure.
Mike D attached the following image(s):
dinomd1.PNG (170kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
dinomd2.PNG (184kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
dinomd3.PNG (142kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Offline Mike D  
#9 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 12:25:55 PM(UTC)

I attached a few examples of where Martten’s partner moved a lot of skin through a short scar. His work still isn’t as good as Marten’s, but he is having some good success with moving skin without excising it. Again, like Lucille points out, how much is muscle tightening responsible for this and how much is undermining? And how could this relate to Kosmed’s wishes? I think that only some consults might tell.

Sorry for the poor picture quality above. Transferred the pics from iPhone screenshots to my pc to get them up and the clarity was lost in translation, but you get the idea, at least.
Offline kosmeds  
#10 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 12:28:17 PM(UTC)

yes, Dr. Dino gets excellent results, too. Not many doctors are doing this type and quality of work.

I still like Miramontes in Mexico but I can't get anything specific or technical out of his patient coordinator. She just pumps out all this flowery circular prose that doesn't provide information.

Offline MissJ  
#11 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 8:30:29 PM(UTC)

He seems like he may have studied the Bruce Connell 'ways' as did Marten and the Mexican doctor. The head tilt down pose is an indicator of that.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline kosmeds  
#12 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 8:06:35 AM(UTC)

Offline lucillenyc  
#13 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 3:02:46 PM(UTC)

I agree mostly, but also had a long conversation with Marten about it, and in some cases the short scar lift works if they undermine the skin really far down - like almost to the clavicle. It redistributes the skin downwardly. Not sure it would work on Kosmeds, but going on my conversation w/M, it’s maybe a possibility. We discussed it after one of my relatives had a short scar lift w/ Marten last year. I thought that a full neck lift would be necessary, but he was able to accomplish it with deep undermining which shifted the skin enough to make it really tight. I found that to be very interesting.

Interesting. I don't think Dr. Marten undermined the skin that far down when I had my short scar neck lift. But I didn't have that sharp angle like Kosmeds, so there was enough area for the skin to redistribute to.

Another consideration is neck bands. Kosmeds didn't mention this, so maybe it's not an issue for her. But in my case, the short scar neck lift took care of the front bands, but not the side bands. Dr. M told me it's not possible to reach all the way to the sides from the chin incision, so I just get Botox on them now.
Offline Mike D  
#14 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 3:34:55 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: lucillenyc Go to Quoted Post

Another consideration is neck bands. Kosmeds didn't mention this, so maybe it's not an issue for her. But in my case, the short scar neck lift took care of the front bands, but not the side bands. Dr. M told me it's not possible to reach all the way to the sides from the chin incision, so I just get Botox on them now.

I didn’t know that about the limitations of the short scar lift.

Many people hate the thought of incisions behind the ear, but Marten is superb at hiding them. I wear my hair very short (shaved with a #3 guard) and nobody sees them.
Offline kosmeds  
#15 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 3:42:56 PM(UTC)

Yes, I have some platysmal banding. I started noticing it about two years ago, when I saw myself on video. It was kind of shocking.

I asked the woman who does my filler to put botox there and she wasn't familiar with that. I don't have much in the way of horizontal rings.

I wonder how different a neck lift would be from the lower face lift that Tzikas proposed (incisions behind the ear only). He doesn't provide details about his technique at his website and he has written only fat/filler/wound healing papers. I am not sure how well his scars heal; he doesn't provide any pictures of them.

I also wonder if it's worth pursuing a neck lift now or just waiting until my face sags, too, for the high SMAS lift.