logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MissJ  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 12:55:17 AM(UTC)

Problem:
Members are unable to see and hence use the 'ATTACH' button which they should be able to see after they lodge a post. The board is not showing this ATTACH button for them and they are unable to attach a file from their computers and upload it here.

Members having a problem. Please describe and if possible take a screen shot of one of your POSTS, so the tech guy can take a look and try to figure out why the ATTACH option is NOT working for all members.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Robin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 8:22:02 AM(UTC)

Miss J i posted further to the thread where this first got discussed

it's not all that uncommon for certain software to work better with some operating systems/browsers than others. I work at a major US corporation with thousands of IT staff and a locked down, continuously maintained intranet and internet and there are lots of times where i am told "don't use X browser for this application" (either an internal or external one). I also experience it shopping, etc... missing buttons to purchase in one browser vs another.

So it may just be that your tech guy can give you instructions about which browsers/operating systems are most compatible with your software.

Offline MissJ  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 9:27:04 AM(UTC)

Thanx so much Robin. I'm not going to pursue the tech guy for that issue given there are solutions to the problem such as browser changes or just posting one's photos on a photo sharing site such as IMGUR.

It does look like Chrome (and a few others) via home computer is consistent with seeing that 'attach' button and that the system here is not that compatible with the iphones/ipads. I'm entering your other post in here too.

Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
there are multiple variables:

mobile or full browser
type of device (phone, computer, tablet)
operating system (windows, mac, linux)
browser(chrome, explorer, firefox, other)

so there are 40-50 combinations of the above. I wasn't saying it was just "mobile vs home computer"

I am on my laptop now - a Mac - and i looked at my last post using chrome (could see attach button), Safari (could see attach button) and firefox (could NOT see attach button)

So Miss J - if someone can't see attach button, they should try a different browser.

Sarah - try a different browser.

Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
Miss J i posted further to the thread where this first got discussed

it's not all that uncommon for certain software to work better with some operating systems/browsers than others. I work at a major US corporation with thousands of IT staff and a locked down, continuously maintained intranet and internet and there are lots of times where i am told "don't use X browser for this application" (either an internal or external one). I also experience it shopping, etc... missing buttons to purchase in one browser vs another.

So it may just be that your tech guy can give you instructions about which browsers/operating systems are most compatible with your software.

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)