logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MissJ  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2019 3:49:52 PM(UTC)

Membership to my board (for new members) is now CLOSED.

This is because it's just EASIER for me to close it (new membership) completely than to WASTE time addressing 'cold call curiosity' questions from ANONS who would like to join. 98% of them are a WASTE of my time.

98% of the e mail queries I get actually DON'T offer any support/contribution to keep this small non-commercial board going and any mention of it actually being NEEDED to keep a PRIVATE small board going as an ALTERNATIVE to a commercial one is met with the perception of that being a 'subscription fee'. Nor do initial queries to me volunteer to provide ANY posting history elsewhere as to allow me to evaluate how their entry here would benefit other members.

Initial queries to me which are ABSENT of any willingness to help support this board and who elect to withhold info. that would allow me to take a look at their participation on other boards constitute 98% of the e mail I get and are a waste of time for me to entertain.

That said, I absolve ANY obligation, implied or otherwise to give ANY information about entering my board UNLESS I can establish from your initial query that you have something in common with the 2% of those who I allow entry here.

I will NO LONGER be addressing curiosity queries about joining my board because 98% of them are a waste of my time. Only IF your initial query demonstrates you would be of the 2% that I would have here--and I will NOT tell you what that is other than that I can ID it via the content of the initial queries to me--will you be getting a response about possibility of joining this board.

To PRESENT members:

If you know of someone who would make a good member here, someone who would have no issue with a $30 suggested contribute to help defray expenses and who also is trustworthy as to not 'export' info found on here to elsewhere and who could really benefit not only from entry here but who's entry would also be beneficial to other members who you feel comfortable 'VETTING' for entry, just let me know so I can distinguish them from the 98% of curiosity cold calls I get from 'anons' with whom I'm unable to establish any prior familiarity with or any connection with trusted members here.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline lucillenyc  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 10:38:52 AM(UTC)

Thanks, Miss J. Will do with regards to new members. Appreciate all you do here.
Offline MissJ  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 8:00:35 PM(UTC)

Thanx Lucille.

Basically, I just wanted to absolve myself of any implied 'obligation' I have to answer curiosity questions about joining my site: 'Miss J are you still accepting new members?' Once I tell them it's a small PRIVATE site that runs on DONATIONS to keep it going, they all go into 'consumer is king' shopping mode or perceive as subscription fee and just waste my time. So, easy just to say CLOSED. My site is for people who are familiar with me enough to know I have an EXTENSIVE knowledge base as do a good number of my members and who have no issues with helping support access to info they won't be getting elsewhere and who also are good info providers themselves. I can tell by reading the content of an initial e mail to me if they would be beneficial to the board. They have enough familiarity or some connection to have no issue with a modest donation, don't cloak and dagger via anon e mails and have a posting history elsewhere to show and also relay their knowledge in certain aspects of PS. The good ones do all that in an intro e mail. The rest of them just ask curiosity questions which fit into pattern of time wasters. So, now I can absolve myself of any implied 'obligation' to personally correspond with people 'wanting to know more' about joining my site. NO, they don't need to know anything just because they asked. It's the other way around. I need to know who's asking. I suspect a lot of them are from one of the troublesome sites (young males wanting to look like male models) which I don't want here anymore anyway as that group has caused the most problems on here. Stealing info, exporting info found here and other problems.

So, ya, if you know of someone who you feel would like 'refuge' here, let me know, let me know. thanx.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)