logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nightowl  
#16 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 12:12:24 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Sarah W Go to Quoted Post
Thanks MissJ and kosmeds. I had looked up azelaic acid and it sounds safe. My skin is pretty thin as I have been on prednisone for a few years on and off so I do need to be conservative.

I did have IPL about 6 years ago on my face (small town again) and had damage- a grid pattern all over my face which did go after some months but it has left me nervous about lasers. They offered me free dermarolling but I was so spooked I did not take up that offer.

I wish I could get the product from you MissJ but as you know, I am out of the U.S

The skin in the chest area is paper thin or "onion skin thin" in my opinion.

It may be worth doing micro-needling at home, with retin-A and Vitamin C to start with.

I had a TCA peel under my eyes with Dr M and it did help improve my skin. That might be another option, a TCA peel in a derm's office?

I am rather scared of lasers but it might be an option.

IMHO starting out with the most benign options and then progressing might be a sensible course of action.

Offline Sarah W  
#17 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 4:36:21 AM(UTC)

Woman
Thanks Nightowl. Is Dr M, Dr Marten? Yes it is 'onion skin". Such a great expression:) In my case it is butterfly wing skin lol.

Did the TCA peel leave your skin hypo pigmented? I did a wee patch on my face a couple of years ago on my cheekbone and it removed the brown ugly patch but my skin is really white there now. I'm scared of lasers too Micro-needling sounds better perhaps and safer?
Offline Sarah W  
#18 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 4:41:32 AM(UTC)

Woman
Originally Posted by: Annaport Go to Quoted Post
I am having good success with BBL and not as good success with Fraxel and Alexandrite. I can say that the NUMBER ONE problem I have is with sun exposure. Avoid the sun at ALL cost.

Have you tried Tazorac or topical Vitamin C?

I have tried a similar cream to Tazorac but not on my neck.Thanks Annaport and my face LOVES the Vit C cream. The neck is such a big area and would cost so much! I use the dissolving cystals and just under my eye area and it does help for sure

Offline Annaport  
#19 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2019 5:01:00 PM(UTC)

Try lasers. I am constantly lasering my skin and it loves it: BBL, Clear and Brilliant, VBEAM, Alexandrite. I have done so many. I do have good skin even if the rest of me is going to hell.
Offline Sarah W  
#20 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2019 9:58:58 PM(UTC)

Woman
Thank you Annaport:) I guess I need to find a skilled laser expert here. Others have also suggested lasers and I have been sent privately a good link to all the lasers and their pros and cons. Phew! Deep breath! Once hurt, twice shy in my case. I know what you mean by the rest of you going to hell! Same here. Falling to pieces fast,lol.
Offline Hydroxyboy  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 2:47:51 PM(UTC)

Would you mind sharing the link here? I'm curious too!

Thank you Annaport:) I guess I need to find a skilled laser expert here. Others have also suggested lasers and I have been sent privately a good link to all the lasers and their pros and cons. Phew! Deep breath! Once hurt, twice shy in my case. I know what you mean by the rest of you going to hell! Same here. Falling to pieces fast,lol.

Offline MissJ  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 9:45:19 PM(UTC)

Sarah, if someone just PRIVATELY sent you a link, why did you OPENLY announce it? Let me just say that this board is aimed at the good for the MANY (members on here) and that just FAILS when info is kept private.

I understand stuff like chit chat or stuff that is not 'prime time' to post openly. But I'd really like to know more about why YOU were selected as the SOLE recipient of info that is not chit chat, gossip or 'not prime time' to post openly of info that could be useful to others. I don't need to know who the member is. I just want some insight into what TYPE of members are on here who CHOOSE not to openly share useful info. Like why wasn't it openly shared or why was this seemingly GENERIC info about pros and cons of lasers selectively shared with ONLY you.

Do tell.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Sarah W  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 12:10:36 AM(UTC)

Woman
Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Sarah, if someone just PRIVATELY sent you a link, why did you OPENLY announce it? Let me just say that this board is aimed at the good for the MANY (members on here) and that just FAILS when info is kept private.

I understand stuff like chit chat or stuff that is not 'prime time' to post openly. But I'd really like to know more about why YOU were selected as the SOLE recipient of info that is not chit chat, gossip or 'not prime time' to post openly of info that could be useful to others. I don't need to know who the member is. I just want some insight into what TYPE of members are on here who CHOOSE not to openly share useful info. Like why wasn't it openly shared or why was this seemingly GENERIC info about pros and cons of lasers selectively shared with ONLY you.

Do tell.

Sorry. Here we go: A very useful link.

https://www.allure.com/s...newdb_ACTIVE_20190310%20(1)%20remainder&bxid=MTMzMTMzNzE0OTU2S0&hasha=dae022d1f66f809a3b08b5b032336f52&hashb=3c42a1ce5370b43cfac98f99ba97201e15ba0c1e&spMailingID=15263488&spUserID=MTMzMTMzNzE0OTU2S0&spJobID=1600825862&spReportId=MTYwMDgyNTg2MgS2
Offline Hydroxyboy  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 5:08:18 AM(UTC)

Thx!
Offline MissJ  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 12:35:38 PM(UTC)

Thanx. From Allure. Oh well. I asked for it. My apologies. Member was being sensitive to me.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline nightowl  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 5:05:53 PM(UTC)

Thanks Nightowl. Is Dr M, Dr Marten? Yes it is 'onion skin". Such a great expression:) In my case it is butterfly wing skin lol.

Did the TCA peel leave your skin hypo pigmented? I did a wee patch on my face a couple of years ago on my cheekbone and it removed the brown ugly patch but my skin is really white there now. I'm scared of lasers too Micro-needling sounds better perhaps and safer?

Yes, sorry for the late reply! Dr M is Dr Marten.
I have no micro-pigmentation and the TCA peel was in my eye area.

I've used an at home micro-needling device for years. It hurts and I have come to hate it but it does improve my skin texture.

I'm scared of lasers!
Offline Sarah W  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 7:36:51 PM(UTC)

Woman
Thanks Nightowl. I might consider a TCA peel under the eyes then. My skin is so unpredictable. I will give microneedling a go-gulp!It surely cant harm your skin...just might hurt a bit. Does it bleed?

Where did you get the dermaroller and how long are the points(eek) and what brand please? Yes I think it is healthy to be scared of lasers! It so much depends on the operator and skin type.
Offline Annaport  
#28 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2019 9:22:43 AM(UTC)

Sorry. Here we go: A very useful link.

https://www.allure.com/s...newdb_ACTIVE_20190310%20(1)%20remainder&bxid=MTMzMTMzNzE0OTU2S0&hasha=dae022d1f66f809a3b08b5b032336f52&hashb=3c42a1ce5370b43cfac98f99ba97201e15ba0c1e&spMailingID=15263488&spUserID=MTMzMTMzNzE0OTU2S0&spJobID=1600825862&spReportId=MTYwMDgyNTg2MgS2

That is a good resource! Thanks for sharing! I am embarrassed (or proud?) to say I have used them ALL!
Offline Sarah W  
#29 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2019 4:38:50 PM(UTC)

Woman
It is readable which a lot of scientific articles are not. What sort of skin type do you have Annaport? Thick , thin, what Fitzpatrick type?

I saw your post on the other thread,thanks. You are a pro at lasers! I had a consultation with the local skin institute recently and they were so negative about using a laser on my neck, it put me off. I wanted to even my skin tone and get rid of the sun damage. I have very fine fair skin. I have also been on a lot of prednisone and immune suppressants in the last 4 years so maybe that frightened them off but am not on them now, except for 1-2 mg prednisone per day
Offline nightowl  
#30 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2019 1:07:26 AM(UTC)

Thanks Nightowl. I might consider a TCA peel under the eyes then. My skin is so unpredictable. I will give microneedling a go-gulp!It surely cant harm your skin...just might hurt a bit. Does it bleed?

Where did you get the dermaroller and how long are the points(eek) and what brand please? Yes I think it is healthy to be scared of lasers! It so much depends on the operator and skin type.

I bled because I felt if I didn't bleed I wasn't going deep enough, and I used the Derminator from owndoc (hope this is allowed MissJ) on 1.5. It hurts and I'm squeamish and cowardly, esp around my neck area!

It makes me look bad for about 3 days. Then I can go out and about and look as though I just have bad windburn as I'm red in the face and neck.
I use Vit C powder mixed with water (ascorbic acid) after the Derminator, then use Retin A the next day.

I have skipped using it regularly, esp during my research in the Southern latitudes because the ozone layer is so thin -- so I just smear on sunscreen with zinc. Its like the warpaint cricketers use!

I'm still scared of lasers - I know the only way to get rid of those ugly little wiggly purple capillaries on the sides of my nose is using a laser.

For now, I'm erring on Retin A, Derminator, Vitamin C and the burn ointment called Infadolin. Plus my skin is dry and leathery at the moment as the moisture barrier is damaged. I drink tons of water but its still rough until I exfoliate manually daily.