logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MissJ  
#16 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 9:43:00 AM(UTC)

Thanx. It will be sporadic and unpredictable though because i've been hit with a bunch of medical issues and also a lot of interference/interruption (time sucks as to problems and mistakes bureaucrats make that rob me of time to correct) amidst a lot of OTHER major STRESSORS that crop up in 'threes' that come at me when trying to attend to my med issues.

Originally Posted by: Page Go to Quoted Post
So happy to see you back MissJ!

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Mike D  
#17 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 10:17:31 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: makingchoices Go to Quoted Post
Thank you all. I know the discussion has expanded past my original question. I am just astonished by the depth of knowledge in this board ( especially MissJ)Its great to be a part of it as I try to get up the courage to go under the knife again in the expert hands of Dr Marten. I wonder, does he sometimes use laser or skin treatments at the same time as surgery? With Dr Little I did not have anything like that, but I was amazed by the rejuvenating effects of just the fat transfer itself. I'm not sure how much of that will happen again - I originally thought I would want fat suctioned out of my cheeks , but since I've lost weight it does not look necessary. I remember Dr Marten suggesting fat to the temples, eye area and possibly along the jaw line. And lips augmented - mostly upper lip.

Yes, Martten has a CO2 laser. I think he uses it during facelift surgeries. You really should look to a laser expert to do one of the quick recovery lasers ahead of time. Some of them have great efficacy when compared to the ablative lasers of the past. Even the ablative ones are much more targeted these days and usually offer an easier recovery.
Offline makingchoices  
#18 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 10:34:28 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post
Yes, Martten has a CO2 laser. I think he uses it during facelift surgeries. You really should look to a laser expert to do one of the quick recovery lasers ahead of time. Some of them have great efficacy when compared to the ablative lasers of the past. Even the ablative ones are much more targeted these days and usually offer an easier recovery.

thanks Mike D - I live in Virginia near Charlottesville - I've been doing some research on good derms - I think I need to go to DC which is a bit of a hike. The big derm- I forget her name?- isn't taking any new patients up there last I knew.

Which ablative lasers would you recommend?

I just bought a red light therapy photobiomodulation (PBM), low level light therapy (LLLT), biostimulation, photonic stimulation or light box therapy. I hope the research I've read is correct and that it will help as well.I'm using it for other things besides cosmetic purposes
Offline lucillenyc  
#19 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 2:24:23 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Thanx. It will be sporadic and unpredictable though because i've been hit with a bunch of medical issues and also a lot of interference/interruption (time sucks as to problems and mistakes bureaucrats make that rob me of time to correct) amidst a lot of OTHER major STRESSORS that crop up in 'threes' that come at me when trying to attend to my med issues.

I agree with Page! So happy to see you again, Miss J. Wishing you luck with the medical issues and stressors.
Offline MissJ  
#20 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 4:12:16 PM(UTC)

thanx lucille

Originally Posted by: lucillenyc Go to Quoted Post
I agree with Page! So happy to see you again, Miss J. Wishing you luck with the medical issues and stressors.

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Greg  
#21 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 8:23:48 PM(UTC)

Man
United Kingdom
thanks Mike D - I live in Virginia near Charlottesville - I've been doing some research on good derms - I think I need to go to DC which is a bit of a hike. The big derm- I forget her name?- isn't taking any new patients up there last I knew.

I feel some of the best lasers being made right now are by Sciton. They make the BBL laser and I also feel their Halo and Contour TRL lasers produce nice results. If you go to the Sciton website, it can help you locate a laser doc near you as well as inform you which Sciton lasers they offer.
https://sciton.com/physi...ns/before-after-results/
Also, I've had a lot of successful treatments with the VBeam Perfecta by Syneron and am a fan of that laser too--for redness/veins.
Offline Mike D  
#22 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 1:01:43 PM(UTC)

I don’t think you need any of the ablative lasers - I was just making a point that they are much easier now to recover from than they used to be. Like Greg suggests, BBL is a great start for dipping your toes in. I’ve had it numerous times and it’s a quick recovery and each session gets rid of more and more pigment. I did a search on Sciton’s website (the manufacturer of the laser), and it looks like the nearest ones to you are in Richmond, VA.

The big name practice in DC is Dr. Tina Alster. She may have an associate in her practice who is taking on new patients.

Edited by moderator Sunday, November 11, 2018 3:23:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline makingchoices  
#23 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 2:04:27 PM(UTC)

I remember Tina Alster now, Mike D - she did stop taking new patients - I called her office 6 months ago. I looked at the Sciton website. I'll look into the BBL in Richmond. Thanks everyone for your help as always.
Offline Mike D  
#24 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 4:52:24 PM(UTC)

I remember Tina Alster now, Mike D - she did stop taking new patients - I called her office 6 months ago. I looked at the Sciton website. I'll look into the BBL in Richmond. Thanks everyone for your help as always.

If you feel comfortable letting a nurse practitioner do the BBL (it’s not uncommon), my partner’s company has a Richmond office and they perform it there. I was one of his company’s trial patients for BBL and their training from Sciton was really extensive. They are quite a bit cheaper than some other places. PM me if you want some more details.