logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Annaport  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 6:12:52 AM(UTC)

13 days ago I had three capillaries on my cheek (at the bone) blasted by VBEAM.

I have ongoing VBEAM treatments but never at that setting to help manage broken capillaries as I do tend towards rosacea. I have never had one done at this setting however, because I had just had one done two weeks prior at a lower setting and with no success, my derm decided I should get one at this setting at last once and finally quash these stubborn capillaries.

To be honest MOST people would not have eagle-eyed those capillaries like I do, although they can worsen under certain conditions.

Initially the mark left after the treatment was BLACK from bruising. It was VERY tiny (size of two pencil top erasers) but in such a noticeable location you could not miss it. Now it has faded to a brown/red and looks a little like a sun damage spot.

The skin on my face is generally flawless so now I am in panic mode about this spot. It actually is a larger area than the treatment area so it is more diffuse than the original treatment spot. I think it has to be residual bruising and because I take so long to heal from anything, this is going to take well past the 10-14 days I was told.

Anyone else ever have this done and care to share? I wonder if hydroquinone is in order. When I research this on various boards there are those that have A LONG recovery from these purpuric settings and I guess am in that crew?

Thoughts?

Edited by user Thursday, September 20, 2018 5:49:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Meeka  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 11:35:32 AM(UTC)

I have had V beam and those marks take 14 days to slowly fade on me . Occasionally hyperpigmentation can occur which takes longer to settle . Good news is that those broken caps will have gone , well that’s my experience .
Offline Greg  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 2:03:43 PM(UTC)

Man
United Kingdom
I don't think you should worry at this point. It sounds like you what you are seeing is the bruising that is still in the process of harmlessly being re-absorbed gradually by the body. Different people's bodies do this at different rates. Everybody says a bruise fades in 1 to 2 weeks but the reality is sometimes a deep bruise can take as much as two months to fade completely (sucks!). There is likely nothing you need to do for it other than be really patient.
Offline Robin  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 2:56:05 PM(UTC)

agree with Greg! Tincture of time! still too early to do anything else.
Offline Annaport  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 5:49:05 PM(UTC)

waaaah thanks all. I put Obaji on my cheek last night and now I have an even BIGGER red spot. I mean I am the most impatient person in the world. It is hyperpigmentation how long do you think THAT will take Meeka? I rue the day I let her do this.
Offline Meeka  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 4:16:35 AM(UTC)

Itheres no need to worry and the red colour is not hyperpigmentation , that’s just the bruising and will slowly fade . I find zinc supplement helps with the healing .
Offline Lisa in Boston  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 5:08:17 AM(UTC)

I am the queen of broken capillaries. I have tried every treatment. I have had the purpura where I applied "stage makeup" to conceal the spots. When I knew I would have the heavy duty treatment, I made sure I had 10 days off before I had to appear in public. I think the bruising did disappear like clockwork on the 10 day. mark.
Offline Annaport  
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 9:18:39 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Meeka Go to Quoted Post
Itheres no need to worry and the red colour is not hyperpigmentation , that’s just the bruising and will slowly fade . I find zinc supplement helps with the healing .

Thanks Meeka. It is a ruddy red brown color. I have read on rosacea forums where others have had this happen and declare it takes a VERY LONG time for the inflammation to pass. I think I am going to be in that camp. Some report needing IPL to treat it.

I think a bit of patience and time are of the order for me and I have neither. BOO.

I don't know if I will ever do a purpuric treatment again. That said I wonder how I would manage the recovery necessary for a facelift? I have survives a rhino and bleph and lipo and tummy tuck and breast lift and each one of those things was fraught with individual issues.

Sigh...
Offline Annaport  
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 2:50:59 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Lisa in Boston Go to Quoted Post
I am the queen of broken capillaries. I have tried every treatment. I have had the purpura where I applied "stage makeup" to conceal the spots. When I knew I would have the heavy duty treatment, I made sure I had 10 days off before I had to appear in public. I think the bruising did disappear like clockwork on the 10 day. mark.

Lisa I am on day 11 with a ruddy red/brown diffuse spot bigger than the treatment area now and more noticeable than they caps ever were but I am told to cool my jets and wait and so I must.
Offline Lisa in Boston  
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 4:58:42 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Annaport Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Meeka. It is a ruddy red brown color. I have read on rosacea forums where others have had this happen and declare it takes a VERY LONG time for the inflammation to pass. I think I am going to be in that camp. Some report needing IPL to treat it.

I think a bit of patience and time are of the order for me and I have neither. BOO.

I don't know if I will ever do a purpuric treatment again. That said I wonder how I would manage the recovery necessary for a facelift? I have survives a rhino and bleph and lipo and tummy tuck and breast lift and each one of those things was fraught with individual issues.

Sigh...

Well, for some cheery news for you, I had a short-scar SMAS mini facelift about 16 years ago. I developed a bunch of new broken capillaries from that! Some were more of a blue vein color. I did have the purpura treatment on those later on. They disappeared briefly but made their grand return not that long after treatment. I just use a tiny bit of concealer on them now. These are on the sides of my face and upper jawline.
Offline eden  
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 6:59:35 AM(UTC)

Woman
Originally Posted by: Annaport Go to Quoted Post
13 days ago I had three capillaries on my cheek (at the bone) blasted by VBEAM.

I have ongoing VBEAM treatments but never at that setting to help manage broken capillaries as I do tend towards rosacea. I have never had one done at this setting however, because I had just had one done two weeks prior at a lower setting and with no success, my derm decided I should get one at this setting at last once and finally quash these stubborn capillaries.

To be honest MOST people would not have eagle-eyed those capillaries like I do, although they can worsen under certain conditions.

Initially the mark left after the treatment was BLACK from bruising. It was VERY tiny (size of two pencil top erasers) but in such a noticeable location you could not miss it. Now it has faded to a brown/red and looks a little like a sun damage spot.

The skin on my face is generally flawless so now I am in panic mode about this spot. It actually is a larger area than the treatment area so it is more diffuse than the original treatment spot. I think it has to be residual bruising and because I take so long to heal from anything, this is going to take well past the 10-14 days I was told.

Anyone else ever have this done and care to share? I wonder if hydroquinone is in order. When I research this on various boards there are those that have A LONG recovery from these purpuric settings and I guess am in that crew?

Thoughts?

When I have this done, my recovery from the spots that I get is usually 3 months I also swell for a very long time especially under my eyes. I have a few capillaries now but I dont want to do them for me the downtime is crazy....

Offline Robin  
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 8:50:41 AM(UTC)

i have always had v-beam to treat caps... new provider told me she prefers Excel V... had it done a couple of days ago... it produces swelling like a mosquito bite and some pinkness but that fades in two days... none of that purple vbeam bruising...

I have had those vbeam bruises in the past and for me there was a faint tint that took weeks to completely resolve...
Offline Greg  
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 10:06:16 AM(UTC)

Man
United Kingdom
The Excel V is a great laser for treating redness. In my opinion it eliminates the broken caps in fewer treatments than VBeam.

With the VBeam laser, it's helpful to verify which model of VBeam the treatment provider is using (there are three). The VBeam Classic is the oldest model (introduced 1980s) that can produce the purpura bruising. The VBeam Perfecta has been out since 2006 and won't produce purpura and works well/hurts less than the Classic. The VBeam Prima just came this year 2018 (https://syneron-candela.com/na/product/vbeam-prima) and it also won't produce purpura but has additional settings that can reach broken caps located deeper in the skin that the Perfecta couldn't reach; it's also supposed to be more comfortable because they added dual skin cooling.
Offline eden  
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 12:24:19 PM(UTC)

Woman
Originally Posted by: Greg Go to Quoted Post
The Excel V is a great laser for treating redness. In my opinion it eliminates the broken caps in fewer treatments than VBeam.

With the VBeam laser, it's helpful to verify which model of VBeam the treatment provider is using (there are three). The VBeam Classic is the oldest model (introduced 1980s) that can produce the purpura bruising. The VBeam Perfecta has been out since 2006 and won't produce purpura and works well/hurts less than the Classic. The VBeam Prima just came this year 2018 (https://syneron-candela.com/na/product/vbeam-prima) and it also won't produce purpura but has additional settings that can reach broken caps located deeper in the skin that the Perfecta couldn't reach; it's also supposed to be more comfortable because they added dual skin cooling.

thank you so much Robin and Greg, I will get Excel V next time I do it......
Offline Robin  
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 6:39:09 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Greg Go to Quoted Post

ah yes, i remember someone explaining that to me when the perfecta came out - my last purpura was in the early 00's

i guess the OP's provider is still using the classic.