logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Larazelle  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 3:58:48 PM(UTC)

Hey guys -

So I bought a 30gm cream of Skinoren from In-house pharmacy and it arrived today. I really think Azelex helped me with PIH - and so I used it since it was covered under my insurance - however now it is SO EXPENISIVE - like starting from $350- so Skinoren is the European version of Azelex - have any of you lovely ladies (and men) used this and had success with it?
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Lisa in Boston  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 7:50:52 AM(UTC)

I had never heard of PIH so I looked it up and am still confused. Are you attempting to treat dark pigmentation? Is this similar to melasma?
Offline Lisa in Boston  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 8:36:57 AM(UTC)

Lara, I sent you a pm about Instalift, but it says your mailbox is full. Please read your other messages so mine can go through. Thanks.
Offline Robin  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 10:32:52 AM(UTC)

the skin care line "the ordinary" I believe also has an azaelic acid forumlation - and less than $10 - i have not used this line but it is getting raves for its professional-level ingredients and no frills formulations/packaging.
Offline MissJ  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 1:47:08 PM(UTC)

Found the link to the product via my Amazon portal:

Ordinary-Azelaic-Acid-Suspension-30ml

It has 10% Azelaic Acid (as opposed to 20%)
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Larazelle  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 2:33:42 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Lisa in Boston Go to Quoted Post
I had never heard of PIH so I looked it up and am still confused. Are you attempting to treat dark pigmentation? Is this similar to melasma?

PIH happens to people who have olive skin when they have a skin injury - it generally fades but it takes a long time - and sometimes its annoyingly recalcitrant. I had major Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation after Fraxel that is still hanging arouond - Azelex did help but now its prohibitively exppensive and that is why I bought Skinoren.

Melasma is generally endogenous(internal causes)- and generally a hormonal thing with women - like after prenancy or meno - while PIH is exogenous (external causes) - and brought about through injury to the skin - like lazers etc.

Thanks for the heads up about my inbox - I will clear it out -

Offline Larazelle  
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 2:36:36 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
the skin care line "the ordinary" I believe also has an azaelic acid forumlation - and less than $10 - i have not used this line but it is getting raves for its professional-level ingredients and no frills formulations/packaging.

Thanks Robin - I am familiar with that line - however their version is only 10% and I need more than that.

Offline Larazelle  
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 2:40:34 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Found the link to the product via my Amazon portal:

Ordinary-Azelaic-Acid-Suspension-30ml

It has 10% Azelaic Acid (as opposed to 20%)

Miss J -

I would buy it from your portal if it was not 10%- at this point I need 20% - perhaps later I could buy it for "maintenance", but not now. Also, I've told you this before; that I return a lot of stuff on Amazon - and you did not like that. However moving forward if I ever need something that I 100% would not return I will definitely buy it through your Portal.

Offline MissJ  
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 3:01:45 PM(UTC)

It doesn't matter if the dark pigmentation is from endogenous hormonal changes or exogenous skin injuries. what both have in common are unwanted areas of darker pigmentation formed by melanocytes. Azelaic acid helps reduce pigmentation whether or not it's melasma or persistent brown spotches from post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation. The same skin lightening products would be used whether or not you had PIH or melasma.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Larazelle  
#10 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 5:23:20 PM(UTC)

It doesn't matter if the dark pigmentation is from endogenous hormonal changes or exogenous skin injuries. what both have in common are unwanted areas of darker pigmentation formed by melanocytes. Azelaic acid helps reduce pigmentation whether or not it's melasma or persistent brown spotches from post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation. The same skin lightening products would be used whether or not you had PIH or melasma.

MissJ -

I know that - I just wanted to explain the difference between Melasma and PIH !!

Offline MissJ  
#11 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 5:55:30 PM(UTC)

Larazelle,

I just wanted to explain the sameness of treatment that melasma and PIH have regarding melanocytes.

Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
-----------
MissJ -

I know that - I just wanted to explain the difference between Melasma and PIH !!

Offline MissJ  
#12 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 6:02:09 PM(UTC)

That's fine. When I need a subscription fee or direct $ contribution from people who are HELPED by the posts on here whom for what ever reason, don't contribute to helping defray the costs of this site via Amazon purchases, you'll be the first to know.

Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
---------------
Miss J -

I would buy it from your portal if it was not 10%- at this point I need 20% - perhaps later I could buy it for "maintenance", but not now. Also, I've told you this before; that I return a lot of stuff on Amazon - and you did not like that. However moving forward if I ever need something that I 100% would not return I will definitely buy it through your Portal.

Offline Larazelle  
#13 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 7:24:39 PM(UTC)

That's fine. When I need a subscription fee or direct $ contribution from people who are HELPED by the posts on here whom for what ever reason, don't contribute to helping defray the costs of this site via Amazon purchases, you'll be the first to know.

MissJ-

You know I would be happy to buy through your portal - however as I said before I return quite a bit. Having said that I am wondering if you have had the experience of one of us buying through your portal and then returning it. What happens on your end? If its not too complicated on your end I will start buying through your portal. Perhaps it does not make a difference if I return it - you will still get credit for the sale - so let me know as I am curious.

Offline MissJ  
#14 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 8:04:39 PM(UTC)

A holder of an Amazon portal does not get credit for a sale if the item is returned. In the absence of Amazon sales helping defray the costs of maintaining this website 2 other options exist:

1: Voluntary direct contributions
2: Subscription fees

Which one would work better for you?

Offline Larazelle  
#15 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 11:22:24 PM(UTC)

A holder of an Amazon portal does not get credit for a sale if the item is returned. In the absence of Amazon sales helping defray the costs of maintaining this website 2 other options exist:

1: Voluntary direct contributions
2: Subscription fees

Which one would work better for you?

I will just have to buy stuff through your Portal that will not be returned - like for example I am plannning to buy a cd player on Amazon and so I can do that through your portal. I am only working part-time this year and so buying through your portal is the best way for me right now.