logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline tazza  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2018 3:19:49 PM(UTC)

Hey Everyone

Hope you are all well.
I've been absent off this board for a few years. Some of youy may recount my awful experience with Dr M in Brussels, of which I've spent an absolute fortune correcting.

Briefly:

-I had a revision Rhino with Dr G, which turned out great. Love the guy and his no nonsense approach.

-Lips- as you might remember my lips were drastically thinned from the jaw surgery and I ended up gettign few rounds of silikon 1000 with Dr Wirtzer in LA, which turned out wonderful, but tragically he died in 2016, so I stopped before having one final round.Regardless Im happy with them,

-The bony spur on my orbital rim/cheekbone from the fracture during the ZSO surgery- in the end I had a revision bleph (counted as one because the tissues had been messed with in the original ZSO) with Dr Massry in LA. Also turned out well. Great surgeon- highly reccomend. Needed a bit of extra filler to completely smooth the contour but I'm happy with the result as it masks the bony irregualrity.

Herein comes the reason for returning. I moved to OZ (where I was when I had the bleph with Dr massry) and had a minor touchup of filler there with a local surgeon there- well that unleashed a nightmare. I got an infection or something (nobody could quite tell- swollen bright red at the site), and was put on steroids and antibiotics. Didn't do squat, so i returned to Dr Massry since I trusted him and he injected 5FU and dissolved some of the new offensive filler. I also had a few rounds of Vbeam to reduce the redness from the injection site (the Oz surgeon used a serial puncture technique - NOT a cannula, and the result was bleeding, bruiding and a LOT of broken capillaries) All this happened slap bang in the middle of a move from Oz to Canada, to add to the stress. A few months later this had a all resolved and my my eyes looked fine.

Now in the midst of focusing on the "infection" or whatever it was from the filler under my eyes, I didnt really pay attention to anything else on my face. And a year went by and work took over.

Then a close friend who hadn't seen me in a year pointed something out. My face had gotten rounder and wider, particularly around the upper masseter muscles, and it feels like my jaw may have even relapsed a bit because there is some jowling, skin sag, my jaw angle is far less defined, the gonial andgle feels rounder and higher, and the bony indetation of the ostemotemy bone cut (where the mandible was advanced) has become visible. This all happened VERY quickly - literally in 3 months after looking at photos of myself from that perios, (between Jan-March 2017- the time of the filler incident) and I've only recently fully realised the extent of the change, and want to seek an opinion as to what happened and if there is something I can do about it.

I don't even know what this could be - hormonal, jaw relapse, some kind of stress related thing, a gland issue, antibiotics reaction.... I could understand if it was natural aging, but it was too sudden and accelerated for that to make sense.

I am seeing Dr Wittenberg here in Van tomorrow to see what he says, and I can anticipate some kind of suggestion for custom jaw implants, or god forbid revision jaw surgery, maybe liposuction or a neck lift-who knows.
I dont know what material he uses for implants. Basically after all this I dont want to put something in my face that can't be removed.

Has anyone got any suggestions for custom jaw implant surgeons that use PEEK. I know a lot of this is used for craniofacial reconstrunction in defects and injuries. I dont really want silicone ones as I dont think the result looks particularly natural and have worries about the implant moving, being visible and wearing down the bone. I found this interesting article recently from a FFS surgeon talking about this. Interestingly he prefers medpor.

https://www.2passclinic....-in-facial-augmentation/

I will probably also go and see Dr G, since I trust his eye, and he doesnt try and sell unnecccesary procedures like a lot of these surgeons do. However I'm aware he doesnt do jaw implants.

Who knows, maybe some jawline filler maybe enough but I doubt it.

Anyway I guess I wanted to check in again, relay my progress and maybe ask if anyone who has had jaw surgery like me has had such a big sudden change years later. And how did they deal with sagging, and specifically jawline irregularity from the surgery itself becoming visible.

Thanks in advance- I really appreciate your help and understanding.

PS- for the moment im in north america, but I think Im moving back to Europe early next year so surgeons on either side of the pond are welcomed. How is Dr Z in Berlin. Anyone had recent revision experience with him?....
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline MissJ  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2018 4:06:43 PM(UTC)

What I can tell you is that the patient photo in the LINK you gave talking about medpore implants was Dr. Yaremchuk's patient.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline lamb  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2018 5:00:40 PM(UTC)

Have heard great things about zarribal’s skills. I am considering him for a zso. Who did your zso?

Def worth a consult.
Offline tazza  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2018 6:08:48 PM(UTC)

Mommearts did it... Biggest regret of my life.
Offline Mike D  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2018 6:19:35 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
What I can tell you is that the patient photo in the LINK you gave talking about medpore implants was Dr. Yaremchuk's patient.

If I remember correctly, didn’t he go elsewhere after getting a nice result from Yaremchuk and get fat grafting that essentially ruined an otherwise great result?
Offline lamb  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2018 6:41:45 PM(UTC)

Sorry to hear that.

Wittenberg is also very good.
Offline MissJ  
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2018 6:55:18 PM(UTC)

Yes. I believe Dr. Y published a paper where he showed the patient after getting the f/gs.

Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post
If I remember correctly, didn’t he go elsewhere after getting a nice result from Yaremchuk and get fat grafting that essentially ruined an otherwise great result?

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Jane2222  
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 4:19:39 AM(UTC)

Can I ask what surgeon you used in Oz who caused the broken capilliaries so I know NOT to use them.
Offline tazza  
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 10:01:22 AM(UTC)

Sure it was Dr Tsirbas.
Offline Jane2222  
#10 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 3:43:04 PM(UTC)

Thanks.
Offline RR  
#11 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 2:11:27 AM(UTC)

Hello Tazza,

If you are in Europe and see Dr.Z in Berlin, I would also recommend you see Dr. Triaca in Zurich. He still trains surgeons like Dr. Z. He invented the chin wing procedure- maybe this could be a solution for you as oppsed to jaw implants.

Also, very sad to hear about Dr. Wirtzer. I had one round of sili1000 with him as I had a similar issue with my lower lip post genio. I never made it back to get further rounds. Would you know anyone who might be as good as him for this procedure?

How did your consult with Wittenberg go? It's true Dr.G won't push unnecessary procedures on you. However he doesn't really do jaw implants and gave up doing jaw surgery years ago so I'm not sure you'd be getting a complete overview at any consult. All surgeons in my experience revert to recommending their default surgeries.

Offline tazza  
#12 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 11:37:56 PM(UTC)

Hey RR

Dr Z is impossible to get hold of. He nor the clinic dont respond to emails, they never pick up their phone. I get that he's become popular but when a surgeon is completely unreachable I worry about post op, in the event that anyone could actually schedule a surgery with him. I will still keep trying though.
Dr Triaca is too extreme for my taste. Plus I don't have another 50k lying around for a revision.
I am interested in the chin wing op.

Regarding silikon, I was lucky to get 5 rounds which made a huge difference, but I honestly wouldn't go to anyone else now that he passed, certainly not in la. He was the def the silicon guy to the celebs. There is Paul Frank in NY who does it In NY, but I have no personal experience.

I found Dr W quite disappointing if I'm honest. It started with the really unprofessional way his assistant took photos. I was literally forced into pushing my chin back into my neck to get the most exaggerated turkey neck. I've had jaw surgery, rhino and braces so I know this was not the correct clinical posture to assume. He didn't really have answers to the potential cause, and instantly pushed his default procedure , gortex jaw implants on me. I asked about filler and Botox instead but the quote didn't even include those, and the cost of the implants was huge.
I was put off, since I am a revision case, I need more than a cursory "everything will be ok if you pay for my x procedure". So in summary I wouldn't do anything more than filler with him.

I trust Dr g, but yes I get your point. Jaw is not his forte anymore so he may not be right in my situation right now
Offline tazza  
#13 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 11:41:50 PM(UTC)

One more thing that was a red flag... He doesn't fixate his implants with screws. Unless absolutely " necessary " according to him, the capsule pocket is enough
Offline RR  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 4:29:30 PM(UTC)

Hi Tazza,
I have heard from a former patient that Dr. Z is very good at post op care. I consulted with him and he seems very conscientious. I also consulted with Triaca.
I am interested to hear you say Triaca would be too extreme for your taste. Have you seen extreme results from him, particularly in relation to the chin wing procedure? I have not noticed this.
With the chin wing the results are often limited by the starting point so results by good surgeons should not vary too much in my view.
Do you feel his aesthetic is more extreme than that of Dr.Z?
With regard to sili1000 and Dr. Frank, do you have any information as to how good he is at this procedure? I have been not been able too find much on him. Many thanks
Offline tazza  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 11:17:31 PM(UTC)

I simply can't get hold of Dr Z. I wish I could say more, but neither him nor his clinic respond to new patient enquiry. How did you get hold him? They don't even pick up their phone.

Triaca is known to be extremely expensive and his transformations are extreme imo. I'm not looking for that kind of a change at this point. That's all. His results are extremely impressive though. If I had of known of him, I probably would have started this journey with him,

Ask on here about Dr Frank. Some have used him for silikon. I can't give an opinion.