logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PaulM  
#46 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2008 9:32:49 AM(UTC)

Ryan wrote:
UPDATE:I've been drinking nothing but water, a cup or 2 of coffee with splenda and skim milk. Might switch to green tea, that's supposed to help.
PS- I've been fine with my workouts, even upping my reps on almost every one of my free weight exercises.

Can't hurt to try the green tea. Green tea extract supplements are supposed to have a thermogenic effect.
Coffee with splenda n' non-fat milk should help curb cravings and flush out excess sodium. Coffee acts as a diuretic as well as a temporary energy enhancer. I drink 4 cups a day-never after 3 pm. You've inspired me.
Offline MissJ  
#47 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2008 12:38:42 PM(UTC)

Well, I'm back after ruining everyone's dinner.

My friend took me to a barbeque place near buy who was SUPPOSED to be on a diet. So, the first thing I say to his order selection is: "You know you can't eat that don't you." Then at the table comes my conversation about the food; Southern Style Barbeque: "You know this style of food preparation comes from the South where the people in those states have the highest OBESITY ratings don't you?", "This food is American heart attack food; fatty and high sugar content" . Anyway, the people in the table next to us are 2 really overweight guys who later ask if they can switch to another table. LOL
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline BlackCanary  
#48 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 7:02:06 AM(UTC)

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! Were you having a crawl under the table moment? Happened to me tons of times!
UserPostedImage
Offline MissJ  
#49 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 1:24:44 PM(UTC)

No, I don't feel any compunction or embarrassment. LOL
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline BlackCanary  
#50 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 11:04:17 PM(UTC)

LOL Miss J!!

Now Ryan! We want DETAILS of the date. Don't leave ANYTHING out!
UserPostedImage
Offline stache  
#51 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 11:48:27 PM(UTC)

Man
Yes, did he put his hands around your waist?
Offline Carleyp  
#52 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2008 12:46:35 AM(UTC)

Woman

Hey Ryan. I’m just checking in for board news. Well congrats on the wt loss. I’m betting you’ll keep it off.

stache wrote:
Yes, did he put his hands around your waist?

The waist is fine but stick with your plan and don’t put out. Potential relationships are all about uncertainty, anticipation and build up.
Offline Ryan  
#53 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2008 8:41:25 AM(UTC)

Oops, double post. But I will take this time to defend Southern bbq- not everyone who eats it is fat! Most people know how to eat it in moderation that. Its one of my favorite foods, IF it's North Carolina style.
Offline Ryan  
#54 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2008 8:42:44 AM(UTC)

Hey guys, the date's not until tonight, remember? Anyhoo, i stopped that diet on friday, as my friend (who knew I was dieting, and that I had an important date)told me I was getting that bad breath you get from starving yourself. THANK GOD she told me! She said I never had bad breath before, and that this was the very specific ketosis breath or whatever you call it. I started a 2000 cal. healthy diet friday, lets hope the breath gets back to normal. Can you imagine me being all confidant, thinking I look good, and meanwhile I'm killing him with dragon breath?? UGH! So yeah, it's tonight at 9- just going for drinks.

PS- I have to stop getting so crazy and obsessive- I called my PS for an emergency appt on thursday. I'm glad he couldn't see me now. I'm a nutjob sometimes; I think the DSM4 medical diagnosis is 'Crazy. Very Crazy', (at least that's what my shrink says).
Offline BlackCanary  
#55 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2008 9:36:58 AM(UTC)

weird. noone's ever complained of me having bad breath (when I'm not eating). BUT its like when people fast - if you don't get enough liquidy type things your breath will be wonky. That's why I advocate soup and veggies and stuff. Low low cal and keeps bad breath away.
UserPostedImage
Offline Ryan  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:04:38 PM(UTC)

BlackCanary wrote:
weird. noone's ever complained of me having bad breath (when I'm not eating). BUT its like when people fast - if you don't get enough liquidy type things your breath will be wonky. That's why I advocate soup and veggies and stuff. Low low cal and keeps bad breath away.

Might be one of those things that happens to some people and not others. My friend said she could only smell it when she was very close to me; gross nonetheless. I would still do this diet again- I think it helped me eat better because after having such bland food (like grilled chicken with Mrs. Dash only), everything tastes much better, and salty foods seems too salty so I eat a lot less of them. I get full quicker, and try to eat about half of what I used to eat before. Anything greasy has become kind of gross pretty quickly, and I've been better about drinking water. Now I started doing a Hoodia/green tea 10 day diet, lol! I still have another 5 pounds to lose.
Offline stache  
#57 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2008 11:11:09 PM(UTC)

Man
Ryan, where do you find hoodia that you can be sure it's not fake?
Offline Ryan  
#58 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 2:25:43 AM(UTC)

I didn't realize there was a fake Hoodia scam going on. I just got this one called the "10 day Hoodia and green tea diet" at Kmart on Astor Place. I just started it, so we'll see. I like that I don't have to drink green tea, I'm not a huge fan of it I'm realizing. I also liked that it was only $10 and 10 days. It definitely curbs my appetite, I always wait at least 30 mins. before eating anything to make sure it kicks in.
Offline PaulM  
#59 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2008 1:54:30 AM(UTC)

I had lipo 4 years ago but my spare tire is creeping back. I worry about going home for the holidays. Lots of large foodies in my family tree. So Ryan- I'm curious to see if Hodia helps you. They sell it for the price of gold, last time I checked. I'll look it up on drugstore.com.

I do stackers with ephedra and no doze pills (or very dark espresso.) The plus is it gives me a little boost in workout energy. Ephedra is legally sold at truck stops around here. But it regulated like any meth precursor. You can only buy 48 pills at one time.
Offline Delphi  
#60 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 5:16:23 PM(UTC)

Just eat well...no ephedra, no hoodia (whatever the hell that is), no no-doze...stay away from that stuff...and stay away from MSG, and Splenda, and Nutra-sweet and everything else.

If you want to lose weight you can - by combining a good cardio/weight-training regime along with avoiding excess calories. The most important thing is to get good NUTRITION and enough SLEEP...take care of your overall health and don't worry about the scale. :-) Hope the date went well too Ryan! :-)