logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Ryan  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 1:11:43 AM(UTC)

I have a 'hot date' on saturday- need a crash diet to lose 5 #s. I'm thinking Atkins? The thing that worries me about Atkins is the stink-breath thing. Do you think I would get the stink-breath after only being on it for 5 days though? I've already made the switch to water and I'm doing cardio every day. I should eat SOMETHING so I don't pass out. I'm also doing skim milk twice a day which is supposed to help. I can't bring myself to vom. which is what Chris K would probably advise.

PS- I hear Lindsay and Christina Aguilera like to use laxatives, they say (and this is a direct quote) "They're the sh*t".
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline BlackCanary  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 1:37:06 AM(UTC)

Even if you starved yourself til saturday you won't likely lose 5 pounds unless you are overweight. Skinnier folk's bodies don't like to let go of fat. I tried Atkins once for a week and lost NOTHING. I didn't gain but I didn't lose. You can take diueretics and eat next to nothing to try to lose it but that's dangerous. AND your date IS NOT gonna notice that 5 lbs. Trust this.
UserPostedImage
Offline Ryan  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 1:50:48 AM(UTC)

He just might notice. We haven't met in person and the pic in my profile is a good 8 pds. thinner. The thing I'm worried most about is my face looking too full. I don't plan on 'putting out', so my tummy doesn't worry me so much, I won't be shirtless . I look pretty sculpted in that pic. Did you do Atkins AND a lot of cardio?

PS- Still considering those laxatives, but I will need to be energetic and lively- don't want to be pooped-out on Saturday.
Offline Ryan  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 2:50:40 AM(UTC)

I don't know why people say that fasting is going to kill you. Muslims do it all the time, and look at the people on Survivor - no deaths yet. I've actually found a diet that might be better than fasting though. Its called the 2468 diet. You eat 200 cals. 1st day, then 400 the next , and so on. Its supposed to trick the body to not go into that starvation mode where you hold on to stored fat. I'm going to do that one I think. Not eating ANYTHING can't be good. I'll also plan the meal around working out so that I have enough energy for that.
Offline BlackCanary  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 2:52:34 AM(UTC)

Heh! "pooped out"..lol! Yeah I was working out when I did the Atkins thing. But even if you aren't working out (based on what the diet says) you should drop at least 5 lbs.

All the laxative is gonna do is get rid of water weight. Might as well take a diueretic - at least you won't be in the crapper all the time. Or you could try a liquid diet til then and hope the 5 lbs comes off. I still don't think he'll notice.
UserPostedImage
Offline BlackCanary  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 2:58:09 AM(UTC)

Ryan wrote:
I don't know why people say that fasting is going to kill you. Muslims do it all the time, and look at the people on Survivor - no deaths yet. I've actually found a diet that might be better than fasting though. Its called the 2468 diet. You eat 200 cals. 1st day, then 400 the next , and so on. Its supposed to trick the body to not go into that starvation mode where you hold on to stored fat. I'm going to do that one I think. Not eating ANYTHING can't be good. I'll also plan the meal around working out so that I have enough energy for that.

Well the fasting only lasts during daylight hours - they replenish with food and water at night. The problem with laxatives and diueretics is they can be very dangerous - reason being is if you get too dehydrated it'll mess with your heart and you could end up in the hospital. Its serious business and people don't realize this when they go the dehydration method to lose weight. Starvation diets work (I do similiar diets all the time) just make sure you get plenty of liquid. But I still doubt 5 lbs will come off in one week. You'd have to have a high stress level coupled with no eating to achieve that. That's how people are going through some sort of personal turmoil usually lose alot of weight.
UserPostedImage
Offline Ryan  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 3:00:59 AM(UTC)

Thanks BC- might do the liquid diet, I think I have some SlimGast on hand. Oh, and just to clarify, I was never serious about the laxatives- so don't anyone jump down my throat for glamourizing E.D.

Edited by user Monday, October 6, 2008 4:28:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline BlackCanary  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 3:11:51 AM(UTC)

Slimfast or Slimgast? Never heard of it if its slimgast. You know what though - slimfast is still a bit high in calories. I'd try some sort of lo cal soup (makes you feel fuller), diet coke, cucumbers and other uber lo cal veggies. Egg whites are good too. If you keep the cal intake to like 500 a day that should be good enough and try to go for as long as possible from the time you wake up without food. This way your "meals" are closer to nighttime so you won't have to go to bed starving - then you won't be able to sleep.
UserPostedImage
Offline Ryan  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 3:28:19 AM(UTC)

Thanks BC- You are now my diet guru! I think I'll do the 2468 diet (probably shouldn't have had that slice of toast).
Offline Improved  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 4:05:21 AM(UTC)

Ryan, if you're looking for just that extra bit of confidence in your appearance, why not just work out like crazy until the big date? I'm not gonna say, oh-you're thin (you are) as I vaguely recall what it was like to date. You want to feel you look good. HAVE FUN!!
Offline MissJ  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 4:07:52 AM(UTC)

Don't do Atkins because it takes about a week or so just for your body to go into ketosis (part needed before the diet kicks in toward weight loss).
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline kk25  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 4:19:24 AM(UTC)

What if you stick to tuna /vegetables salmon for a week and work out two hour daily
if you have craving for sweets you can try kefir.
one hour free weights / one cardio hour Machine.

If you want to loose weight avoid oatmeal at all cost.

Offline Chris K  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 4:42:02 AM(UTC)

Woman
I can't bring myself to vom. which is what Chris K would probably advise.

Yes, I'm a big fan of the vomit for rapid weight loss. But I'm not about the finger, spoon, or toothbrush down the throat - that's very 90's. What I do is: Grab myself a martini glass, fill equal parts water/hydrogen peroxide. Make pretend you're sipping a cosmo by dropping in ONE red Skittle--giving a pink hue to the "cocktail". Sip and enjoy! Have a toilet nearby or a have a ziplock handy.

No seriously, what I'd do is eat 3-4 small portions of steamed chicken breast/broccoli with a tad of Mrs. Dash. Small portions...like a fistful (relax e. e gets excited when he hears fist/fisting). I guarantee you'll lose close to 5 pounds doing this with cardio. It won't taste good but it's just about fuel. You don't want to starve yourself, cuz you'll put the weight back on in 3 days....and then what about the second date.
Offline BlackCanary  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 4:46:47 AM(UTC)

I'd rather be fat than vomit. I HATE to vomit! One thing i hate about getting too drunk - its the grossest thing EVER!
UserPostedImage
Offline barbiegirl  
#15 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 7:05:35 AM(UTC)

Woman
Ooohhhh.... crash diets do not work. All one would accomplish by doing this would be a water or muscle loss. The body really, really, really does not like drastic changes, and goes into a "starvation mode" and will store every calorie you eat and slow the metabolism right down to conserve energy for the "famine". The Atkins diet is BS, carbohydrates are essential, in fact glucose is the only form of energy used my the brain, and it requires approximately 70g of glucose a day. Not to mention the kidney damage encountered by excessive protein. You best bet is to eat healthy, balanced choices all the time, avoid all refined, processed, and artificial foods, and drink 2-3L of water a day. Try to eat a mini meal every 3 hours, with a little whole carbohydrate (fruit, brown rice, whole grain sprouted bread etc), lean organic protein (chicken breast, wild fish, tofu, yogurt etc), and a little unrefined cold pressed fat (raw almonds, extra virgin olive or flax oil, oily fish, organic seeds etc). Avoid added sodium, but a sprinkle of an organic unrefined sea salt on your food is good for you and contains many essential minerals. Mix this with a reasonable exercise routine, say 45 minute jog 4-5x/week and 30-40 minute weight routine 3-4x/week. Vomiting leads to electrolyte imbalance and dehydration, which kills very quickly. Not to mention what is does to your teeth (I would rather be fat than have bulimic teeth). Crash dieting will lead to nothing except making you fat and flabby. You would make a good patient for me when I graduate next spring!
"My friends, love is better than anger.
Hope is better than fear.
Optimism is better than despair.
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic.
And we’ll change the world"

Wear a yellow ribbon, March is Endometriosis Awareness Month!