logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ditterbo  
#16 Posted : Saturday, February 3, 2018 4:25:01 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: makingchoices Go to Quoted Post
Sorry Robin - I see that now - and thank you for the other one about the GRASSE approach to skin care - that was especially helpful to see all the 'layers' that go into a well designed skin care regimen. I am still studying that site.

The problem for me is that I live 2 hours from any metropolitan area - in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia ( a transplant from Connecticut) and finding a good dermatologist in this area with a cosmetic focus will be impossible. I'll be driving to DC probably

Living in DC, I know so many people that have visited the Shenandoah national park. Still on my to do list since it is a fairly long drive, and I'm not sure about the whole camping thing.
Offline makingchoices  
#17 Posted : Saturday, February 3, 2018 6:30:10 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
She probably gets botox, fillers, lifts and lasers and has a you tube channel about skin for the number of 'hits' she gets. Her skin is great though as looks to be the case with her bone structure.

LOL MissJ , I was waiting for your expert eye to take a look. Honestly, I was thinking the same thing, but didn't have the nerve to say so. To my eye her face looks a lot 'plumper' as she is aging and generally speaking as we age we loose fat and get gaunter rather than gain it so beautifully.

Ditterbo -its beautiful here, and very peaceful, but a 'cosmetic procedure desert' I'm afraid. How about 'Glamping' https://www.famousdc.com/2016/04/07/glamping/
Offline Page  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2018 9:28:32 AM(UTC)

Wow...great stuff. Thank you all for sharing! As soon as I have 5 minutes, I am going to doing some serious studying. The GRASSE approach sounds particularly interesting.
Offline Larazelle  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2018 12:16:57 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
there's a lot that can be done for the skin at any age but it's not an overnight thing, and it's not just a one-dimensional thing like "use retinol".

take a look at the lower right of this page where these derms discuss "GRASSE" approach to skincare:

http://www.weloveskinstore.com/

It's a cute acronym, but the advice is sound.

In terms of making the skin look better and contribute to a more youthful look, here is an article at the beginning and end of a year long journey that a 50 year old author took to improve her appearance working with a derm - laser, botox, fillers, skincare:

The beginning:

https://www.vogue.com/ar...iades-year-long-facelift

After a year:

https://www.vogue.com/ar...dunn-filler-botox-lasers

I know you have been looking at derms for lip injections and are now looking at medspas for that... i would encourage you to keep looking for a derm with a well rounded approach to skincare and get going on a regimen. Dr Marten will also tell you that :-)... youthfulness is conveyed by the structure, the soft tissue over the structure which is what he does, and the smoothness and color uniformity of the skin - which is the domain of derms and skincare...

Thanks Robin for this video that was very interesting.

What do you guys think about this woman's looks after one year? After 15 surgeries?

Offline Robin  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2018 1:34:44 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
-----------------
Thanks Robin for this video that was very interesting.

What do you guys think about this woman's looks after one year? After 15 surgeries?

She didn’t have 15 surgeries.

She had 15 cosmetic procedures - Botox, skin resurfacing, filler, etc.
Offline Larazelle  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2018 1:56:34 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
She didn’t have 15 surgeries.

She had 15 cosmetic procedures - Botox, skin resurfacing, filler, etc.

LOL - wrong word - I meant procedures - I know she didn't have any surgeries - having said that I think she would have gotten a better result with surgery than these procedures - but that's just my opinion.
Offline Chris K  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2018 2:02:51 PM(UTC)

Woman
the skin texture looks better but you could have gotten that improvement and better with a classic Co2, bleph and facelift.

a year of running back and forth for teeny little things that collectively make a difference is not my motto. imo, its a waste of time when you're 50!

go in, have the surgery, deal with the downtime and enjoy the max results.

i'm not a fan of this approach.

plus i bet you end up spending more money. but i guess people (especially new yorkers) dont want the downtime and whispers.
Offline Chris K  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2018 2:08:22 PM(UTC)

Woman
Here is her actual video where she explains why she has not gotten any surgery, or injections too. I agree Lazarelle, she does strike me as being honest. I do like what she says about beauty as we age - what makes a woman beautiful is also/mostly what our interior state is. She does come up close to the camera towards the end and she shows she has wrinkles in the forehead when she squints etc...

Her bone structure is amazing -yes, but not sure if that's enough for most people. I also think her lighting, or even a filter on the camera, helps her skin look so good.

http://missjfacialplasti...sage.aspx?t=10768&f=

Lazarelle - thanks for the video of the journalist and her 12 months of skin rejuvenation - very educational!!

i don't what she had or how old she is. but she is a beautiful looking southern floozie.

i like her look.
Offline makingchoices  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2018 2:18:42 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Chris K Go to Quoted Post
i don't what she had or how old she is. but she is a beautiful looking southern floozie.

i like her look.

Chris K , you have a way with words LOL

Offline lamb  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2018 2:29:29 PM(UTC)

Surgery for the win. Those procedures barely did much for all that time and money.
Offline makingchoices  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2018 2:37:30 PM(UTC)

I agree Lamb and Chris K - I don't really see a big difference either -and all those visits add up monetarily. I don't have the patience for that. I'd rather do the surgery and get the big change.
Offline MissJ  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2018 3:16:02 PM(UTC)

I realize that in the video it is suggested that a barrage of these laser or laser like skin treatments are a way to avoid more invasive surgery. It doesn't say that outright but that is the suggestion. However, I do tend to think this doctor has quite a number of patients who probably get these treatments, say 1X/month and then 2X/year for maintenance BUT ALSO are those who have ALREADY HAD a number of PS procedures, including but not limited to face lifts, blephs etc.

Midtown Manhattan, Upper East Side, lots of wealth, high population of 'plastic surgery crowd' making their rounds first to the face lift docs, then maybe the f/g docs and for toppers it's off to the laser skin derms between PS procedures.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Chris K  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2018 8:02:41 PM(UTC)

Woman
Chris K , you have a way with words LOL

but don't you think she has that ditzy, floozie vibe that you don't see that often?

personally i love it.
Offline makingchoices  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2018 8:08:46 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Chris K Go to Quoted Post
but don't you think she has that ditzy, floozie vibe that you don't see that often?

personally i love it.

I think she wears it well - and its authentic to her, and most definitely SOUTHERN ( Gone With the Wind southern). My question is where does her anger get discharged? Does she allow herself to have any?

Offline Chris K  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 12:47:35 AM(UTC)

Woman
I think she wears it well - and its authentic to her, and most definitely SOUTHERN ( Gone With the Wind southern). My question is where does her anger get discharged? Does she allow herself to have any?

If you listen closely you can hear some hysteria in her voice and that probably gets discharged as anger. I think she's very anxious and these routines and skin care calm her down. She's not relaxed but the slow southern drawl might trick you into thinking she is.

One thing for certain is her lower lids have most definitely been done and tightened. Obviously she wants approval or she wouldn't make so many videos...And she enjoys the ooohs and aaahs when she states this is 28 years of retinol. That said consistent retinol use does wonders over the years.