logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Chris K  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 12:51:23 AM(UTC)

Woman
Her bone structure is good but usually looks harsh by this point. She manages to have good soft tissue coverage in all the right places.
Offline Robin  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 1:17:10 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
I realize that in the video it is suggested that a barrage of these laser or laser like skin treatments are a way to avoid more invasive surgery. It doesn't say that outright but that is the suggestion. However, I do tend to think this doctor has quite a number of patients who probably get these treatments, say 1X/month and then 2X/year for maintenance BUT ALSO are those who have ALREADY HAD a number of PS procedures, including but not limited to face lifts, blephs etc.

Midtown Manhattan, Upper East Side, lots of wealth, high population of 'plastic surgery crowd' making their rounds first to the face lift docs, then maybe the f/g docs and for toppers it's off to the laser skin derms between PS procedures.

Yes, absolutely. Both have their place and she def gets plenty of patients who also have had surgery

I don’t think the article was about substituting non surgical techniques for surgical ones.

Surgery won’t fix the skin quality.

She was looking a bit worn at 50. She looks like a fresher version and could maybe pass 5-10 yrs younger now
Offline MissJ  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 9:47:50 AM(UTC)

Yes. She looks much better.

Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
Yes, absolutely. Both have their place and she def gets plenty of patients who also have had surgery

I don’t think the article was about substituting non surgical techniques for surgical ones.

She was looking a bit worn at 50. She looks like a fresher version and could maybe pass 5-10 yrs younger now

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Chris K  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 10:45:23 AM(UTC)

Woman
In the after I would place her age at 46/47.

She has a youthful style and presentation so that helps.
Offline Robin  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 11:12:22 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Chris K Go to Quoted Post
In the after I would place her age at 46/47.

She has a youthful style and presentation so that helps.

Yes, I think for us folks with much sharper eyes the structural signs of mid-late 40s are there... for the “average” observer she is probably passable for younger...
Offline Larazelle  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 11:18:05 PM(UTC)

Yes, I think for us folks with much sharper eyes the structural signs of mid-late 40s are there... for the “average” observer she is probably passable for younger...

Yes - thank God 90% of people are "average" observers - LOL - and NOT like us - but as ChrisK said "youthful presentation" goes a Long way in appearing "youthful" - I have been experimenting with this theory while I am in "waiting mode" for my surgery and it works!! - I hang out at Sephoras in Boston and have made friends with the "make up girls" and I use the make they wear - like Urban Decay eyeshadow - ZODIAC is my Fav - it rocks:

Edited by moderator Thursday, February 8, 2018 12:22:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Greg  
#37 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 7:17:02 AM(UTC)

Man
United Kingdom

I too think she looks a bit fresher after her year of procedures, and though subtle, some changes to her skin quality could not have been achieved through surgery. I think a holistic approach that makes use of surgery tools but also includes lasers and advanced skin care is what is maximally effective in addressing the whole myriad of age-related changes. If she now had a good facelift, she would have a nicer and younger outcome than if she had skipped all the skin treatments she previously did over the year. I think it's all synergistic.