logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline makingchoices  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2017 2:52:06 PM(UTC)

Interesting, MissJ. Thanks for the description of your experience. I'm hoping I can diet /exercise my way slowly down to ideal weight before FL with Marten.Maybe just remove the fat on the lower back , just above edge of Buttocks ?

I did talk to Dr. Daniel P. Markmann in Maryland about 6 months ago about liposuction - he seemed Ok with me doing it the liposuction but I don't remember a lot about the specifics of the consultation- now I'm not so sure its a great idea. Has anyone heard any feedback about him?
Offline MissJ  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2017 5:52:40 PM(UTC)

When I had fat grafting (long time ago) with Dr. Donofrio, THAT'S where she wanted to harvest the fat from. Said the fat from that area is good for f/g. Anyway, if f/g is included with your Marten stuff (he likes to f/g), it's best to get lipo after the face work as to allow preferred area to harvest from.

Originally Posted by: makingchoices Go to Quoted Post
Interesting, MissJ. Thanks for the description of your experience. I'm hoping I can diet /exercise my way slowly down to ideal weight before FL with Marten.Maybe just remove the fat on the lower back , just above edge of Buttocks ?

I did talk to Dr. Daniel P. Markmann in Maryland about 6 months ago about liposuction - he seemed Ok with me doing it the liposuction but I don't remember a lot about the specifics of the consultation- now I'm not so sure its a great idea. Has anyone heard any feedback about him?

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Hydroxyboy  
#18 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 10:07:00 AM(UTC)

Great find Robin!

Regarding the lipo:

I would worry about track marks. For sure if you have thin skin and at your age. It tends to show easily. I have a track mark that I can see in certain light under one eye high up te cheekbone from a FG. That has put me off to do any lipo as I have thin skin in general. I did hear of some Marten patients who also had visible track marks on the face from the cannula on this forum. Can't remember who it was though.

Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
have you ever had fat grafting? you should have some idea of whether fat "takes" on you before you do fat to the Butt..

I would be very wary of doing fat to the breast. it's good to use if you have a relatively small, localized asymmetry that you want to correct ... but it creates issues with reading mammograms and sonograms.... so having it more broad based to increase breast overall size, you are sacrificing a lot in terms of your future ability to monitor your breast health for not much gain (they can only do about a half a cup size at most...)

There's a doctor in florida who does butt contouring by removal, but not adding back to the butt - he carves out the surrounding area making the butt look better by comparison. i have never met him, and i don't know anyone who had work done by him - i can't remember how i came to see his info... http://www.artlipo.com/

Offline frizzy  
#19 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 10:00:11 PM(UTC)

Woman
Robin, yes, I've had fat grafting to the face by Dr Little ( he took it from my waist) and it almost all took very well - and in fact after I gained weight my face(cheeks)look bigger! The only place it could have taken better were my temples.

I'm now thinking of doing liposuction only in the few stubborn spots I doubt will disappear from weight loss and exercise.

With all the impressive photos on the different doctors web sites showing really dramatic body sculpting results I think I subconsciously started leaning towards imagining it would be a quick fix and get all the fat off quickly.

For those of you that have had lipo - is there anyone you used that you would recommend? Or someone you know of that is especially good at the body contouring type of liposuction.
Also, if you were going to take fat from somewhere on the body and then put it in the butt or breasts who would you go to?

The east coast would be preferable

I had lipo on November 10th. They took out fat from the stomach flanks & back and injected into the butt and a little on the outer thigh to correct the flat square look I had. I'm 56 and I've had 4 kids, no tummy tuck, and I think it looks pretty good for just about 6 weeks out. I'm still wearing the compression garment most of the day. The dr told me it's going to be 6 months or more to see the final result. I went to a doctor that does tons of these surgeries. I watched him on snapchat for well over a year before I had the surgery. It might seem little cheesy but he's part of the "Dr Miami" group. He's not a board certified plastic surgeon, he's a gynecologist that later added body contouring to his practice.
Offline makingchoices  
#20 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 10:10:28 PM(UTC)

wow! how interesting. I don't know what the the "Dr. Miami" group is? Can you tell me the exact website to go to or surgeon? What did you see on snapchat? I'd love to see his before and afters. Were there any other surgeons you were considering? You sound like what you had done is exactly what I'd like to do.

Is that common? For gynos to add body contouring. Is it less expensive through them I imagine?
Offline frizzy  
#21 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 8:44:33 AM(UTC)

Woman
wow! how interesting. I don't know what the the "Dr. Miami" group is? Can you tell me the exact website to go to or surgeon? What did you see on snapchat? I'd love to see his before and afters. Were there any other surgeons you were considering? You sound like what you had done is exactly what I'd like to do.

Is that common? For gynos to add body contouring. Is it less expensive through them I imagine?

I watch a long list of doctors on snapchat, its very educational and its (almost) a live feed. Dr Miami is basically a marketing genius, you can google him. He has a network of surgeons that have signed up as part of his marketing. Instagram is a very good way to see before and afters. I also follow a lot of docs on Instagram. As a matter of fact I won the surgery on Instagram. These guys are all trying to increase their visibility so they do contests here and there. The Doctor is Dr Mark Lowney in Fall River Massachusetts. I live in Connecticut so it worked out great for me. His snapchat is realdrfeelgood and his instagram is realdrfeelgood also. If it is allowed I can post some before & afters, Miss J?
Offline makingchoices  
#22 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 8:59:08 AM(UTC)

I'd be really grateful if you posted before and afters! You can also private message me the photos if that makes more sense, depending on what Miss J says. I am going to get on instagram and snapchat. I guess I am a luddite - even if I've built my own websites. The world is whizzing by me.