logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Larazelle  
#16 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2017 1:21:47 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post
^^ This sounds like the show “Younger” on tv - it’s a cute show.

I am not a tv watcher so had not heard of this one - so googled it - the difference in "Younger" and my friends experience was that the woman in Younger was outed because she told Kelsey about her lie - whereas my friend did not tell a single soul while she was there - she did not even tell me till after she left working there. Of course my friends story would not make an exciting TV show as she had no "drama" about the experience- for her it was a social experiment!

Offline Robin  
#17 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2017 4:24:02 PM(UTC)

yes, there are certain people who look younger for their age, and can pass that way, and others that look older due to weathered skin, etc.

I have watched younger and Sutton Foster is "youthful" looking... and in the show she wears hair in a more youthful style (long), dressing young, and she is lithe (Spectacular dancer - i have seen her on broadway).... however she does actually have the typical jaw- neckline softening that goes on in the 40s. But the rest of it adds up (body, hair, great facial structure, big eyes, broad smile), so that doesn't overwhelm the impression of her age.

With surgery and "turning back the clock", i think that sometimes people get excessively focused on one thing, and think that by obliterating that one "aging" feature, they look 10 years younger, but they miss all the other signals.

It's like saying that if you have an unattractive nose, getting it fixed will make you attractive. It might make you better than before, but the rest of the face will matter in the overall assessment too.

Everything exists in a context.

Offline makingchoices  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 8:14:54 AM(UTC)

I was constantly thought of as 10 years younger than I was my entire life. When I was getting to know someone, male or female, they were always shocked to find out my real age. I just got used to that. And I was very active and fit and generally in movement all the time. After the stress of divorce, and thermage destroying the fat in my face - within a few years I was shocked at what I saw in the mirror. That aged me psychologically more than anything. Then came my FL - and suddenly my emotional and mental state felt youthful again. I really think aging is a mixed bag and that we are all deeply conditioned to associate certain outward signs in ourselves with decline and aging and I'm quite grateful for the advances in cosmetic work and don't feel at all shy about taking advantage of them.

Oddly from the age of about 15 to early 20's I was pegged as older than I was !