logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Annaport  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 8:14:59 AM(UTC)

As the saying goes, God giveth and God taketh away....Eh?

I was so lucky to have great success with my hand sclerotherapy almost simultaneously developed a growth that appeared in my right eye called a pinguecula.

A pinguecula is defined here: DESCRIPTION OF PINGUECGULA

Lucky me. I can stand the little growth but the hideous red capillary alongside it is not pretty.

My first eye doc gave me steroid drops and then said "I can remove it no big deal but let's check it out in a month". Then when I returned he said "You don't want to touch this it could make the problem worse to remove it".

Great! Now having done some research I see there are a limited number of doctors who claim to be proficient in removal of these growths.

My question is "are any of you out there familiar with this or do you have anecdotal feedback you can share?"

Thanks

Edited by user Tuesday, October 24, 2017 11:10:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline lucillenyc  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 11:15:39 AM(UTC)

Oh, that's a bummer. Sorry to hear. My fiance noticed a pinguecula on his eye a few months ago. I don't think he's planning to do anything with it since it's not interfering with his vision.

I assume your eye doctor is monitoring your eye pressure while you're on the drops since steroids can increase IPO? My last eye pressure reading was over normal and it freaks me out since high IOP can lead to glaucoma.
Offline Annaport  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2017 7:16:16 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: lucillenyc Go to Quoted Post
Oh, that's a bummer. Sorry to hear. My fiance noticed a pinguecula on his eye a few months ago. I don't think he's planning to do anything with it since it's not interfering with his vision.

I assume your eye doctor is monitoring your eye pressure while you're on the drops since steroids can increase IPO? My last eye pressure reading was over normal and it freaks me out since high IOP can lead to glaucoma.

Yes, they are monitoring it. I noticed a very slight increase post a month of titrated treatments using steroid eye drops.

I am now obsessively putting drops in my eyes and wondering how I went from this being a non-issue to me suddenly feeling like I am in a Restasis advertisement?

Yikes.
Offline MissJ  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2017 2:55:33 PM(UTC)

No idea if this will work but found an article about this topic: https://www.sciencedaily...2016/03/160315121104.htm
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.
Offline Annaport  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2017 11:12:59 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
No idea if this will work but found an article about this topic: https://www.sciencedaily...2016/03/160315121104.htm

You know I ordered and have received those drops. I am scared to use them.

I have asked one doctor about it and he knows nothing.

That said, that could mean nothing. The Israelis tend to be ahead of the curve on research based on my observations.

Anyway if I brave up and use it, I will let you know!

Thanks Miss J.
Offline MissJ  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2017 2:09:59 PM(UTC)

See if you can get in touch directly with the doctor or who ever suggested the stuff in the article.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.
Offline Annaport  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2017 8:16:23 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
See if you can get in touch directly with the doctor or who ever suggested the stuff in the article.

You are right. I need to do that. I am in graduate school now and have a wild teen son. My hands are full so I have to focus on things :)