logo

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Beholder  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 2:44:47 PM(UTC)

I've started a new topic since I've been thinking about the Pearson lady's lack of facial expression. I am curious how other people feel and what they have noticed. I have noticed that with my own experience that if I am happy and interested in someone it goes a very long way in being attractive. For example, I have sort of experimented at parties and things and when meeting new people. When you meet a man and you act interested in him by leaning in closer and raising your eyebrows when he speaks, tilting your head, batting your eyelashes etc, all the things we call "flirting", it really goes a long long way in probably stroking his ego but also in increasing your own appeal. People are drawn to that. It is very subconscious. Try googling "Body Language" Experiment for yourselves. It helps if you are genuine but even if you are not, try acting interested in someone with the opposite sex. They will be drawn to you. I'm not bragging but I have been practicing this at the ripe old age of 54. I used to be very shy and much better looking and did pretty good in the dating game. I'm married so I don't flirt much but when I do, I can still draw people in by "CHARISMA"

Being able to communicate through body language and facial expression is vastly underrated. Why do we find certain comedians funny? Look at their faces! Why do we dislike certain people? They frown and seem disengaged and into themselves.

Thoughts on this?
Offline Larazelle  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 11:44:01 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Beholder Go to Quoted Post
I've started a new topic since I've been thinking about the Pearson lady's lack of facial expression. I am curious how other people feel and what they have noticed. I have noticed that with my own experience that if I am happy and interested in someone it goes a very long way in being attractive. For example, I have sort of experimented at parties and things and when meeting new people. When you meet a man and you act interested in him by leaning in closer and raising your eyebrows when he speaks, tilting your head, batting your eyelashes etc, all the things we call "flirting", it really goes a long long way in probably stroking his ego but also in increasing your own appeal. People are drawn to that. It is very subconscious. Try googling "Body Language" Experiment for yourselves. It helps if you are genuine but even if you are not, try acting interested in someone with the opposite sex. They will be drawn to you. I'm not bragging but I have been practicing this at the ripe old age of 54. I used to be very shy and much better looking and did pretty good in the dating game. I'm married so I don't flirt much but when I do, I can still draw people in by "CHARISMA"

Being able to communicate through body language and facial expression is vastly underrated. Why do we find certain comedians funny? Look at their faces! Why do we dislike certain people? They frown and seem disengaged and into themselves.

Thoughts on this?

Totally agree with you on this!

Offline Robin  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 9:27:24 AM(UTC)

I wouldn't say it's underrated... it's pretty well established in the academic and mainstream media that the body language/expressions, tone of voice and the words all need to be congruent and consistent to be persuasive and engaging.

If one or all of these are out of sync with each other, what the person is saying becomes less persuasive or engaging.

Regarding "flirtation" - people like others who make them feel good about themselves. Being positive/happy, showing interest, those are things that make you likeable. The facial expressions and body language to show interest are a physical manifestation of that.
Offline MissJ  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 11:22:18 AM(UTC)

Totally agree with Robin.

Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
I wouldn't say it's underrated... it's pretty well established in the academic and mainstream media that the body language/expressions, tone of voice and the words all need to be congruent and consistent to be persuasive and engaging.

If one or all of these are out of sync with each other, what the person is saying becomes less persuasive or engaging.

Regarding "flirtation" - people like others who make them feel good about themselves. Being positive/happy, showing interest, those are things that make you likeable. The facial expressions and body language to show interest are a physical manifestation of that.

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

Offline Anya77  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 21, 2017 2:36:08 AM(UTC)

They say Clinton (ex president) had a way of flirting with both men and women and this is what gave him his likability across all different demographics.