logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Brazil Jaw  
#46 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2017 9:23:47 PM(UTC)

Hello everyone,

I visit a local maxfac, he requested some time to analyze my ceph calmly, study what would be the best solution and make the Dolphin's morphs. I will try to upload here.

I also consulted with 2 good local PS's. both just want to remove the hump.

Probably the most well-known Brazilian rhino master is Volney Pitombo (Pitanguy's successor and close friend of Gunter and Rodrich), maybe I should visit him to find out what he suggests in my case.

Thank to you all
Offline MissJ  
#47 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 2:04:07 PM(UTC)

Best to upload the photos on IMGUR because file sizes of medical photos can be rather LARGE and might not upload well on here.

Hump removal will address the MAIN problem with your nose which is the HUMP. LATER, you can decide whether you want max fax surgery. During max fax surgery IF you opt for it, other issues with your nose can be addressed at that time given the max fax will change the base of your nose.

Originally Posted by: Brazil Jaw Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

I visit a local maxfac, he requested some time to analyze my ceph calmly, study what would be the best solution and make the Dolphin's morphs. I will try to upload here.

I also consulted with 2 good local PS's. both just want to remove the hump.

Probably the most well-known Brazilian rhino master is Volney Pitombo (Pitanguy's successor and close friend of Gunter and Rodrich), maybe I should visit him to find out what he suggests in my case.

Thank to you all

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Brazil Jaw  
#48 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2018 6:19:03 PM(UTC)

Hello MissJ members, my last year was really busy, so just now I was able to be consulted by the MaxFac that I wanted.

I asked him to try to simulate (Dolphin program) a genioplasty alone and a CCW, to compare both options.

- Genioplasty of 7 mm (most forward)

- Bimax: 4 mm forward in maxilla, total of 14 mm in pogonium advancement, with CCW

https://imgur.com/a/lpBQNVg

Photo 1: left genio after, right bimax sideview after
Photo 2: sideview before and after Genio
Photo 3: sideview before and after Bimax
Photo 4: 3/4 view of bimax

Costs of each surgery (approx): Genio: $1250. CCW: $3750.

I could go with surgery first approach if I want

My opinion: I really really like the profile of the Bimax, but the 3/4 view looks uncanny, mostly because I don’t have a great fat pad in the submalar region (creating a depression). Maybe the improve in profile is in part the nose hump reduction that will occur? Will genio + nose job be less invasive and have the same results?

I appreciate your opinion.

Tha
Offline KenCarson  
#49 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2018 7:44:19 PM(UTC)

Man
United States
First the easy part - you absolutely need a rhino! Pretty much everyone here agrees. And this can be a separate procedure.

Your profile is very convex and you have a small lower third. If I were you, I would go with bimax & ccw. I know it may seem like a lot, but it will make a huge improvement to your profile. Your bite seems fine, so you probably won't have to deal with braces, etc.

Genioplasty alone won't fix the overall convexity and will give you a deep sulcus (you can easily see that in your doctor's mockup).

Implants may be tempting and an easy fix, but I think you will get a superior result doing maxfax. Just go to the best doc you can afford for this!!!

Too often we try to bargain with ourselves: "well maybe if I just do the least invasive thing, it will be enough..." I've been there myself! I used to think a chin implant would solve all my problems. lol. Wrong! I was in a similar situation as you (without the nose) and it took double jaw with ccw and chin wing, but made a world of difference.

You are correct about the upper lip. Too much verical height, which is why it may appear thin. This should be the last thing to fix, because it will be affected by the procedures above. Look into a subnasal (bullhorn) lip lift. And possibly fillers later if you still want more volume. Filler alone won't lift it and may weigh it down. Not a good look!

If, after everything, you feel that your cheeks need more volume, you can get malar implants and/or a thick long-lasting non-permanent filler.

Don't worry about your ears.

Also, very important: it would really help to SHAVE before taking pics and going on consultations. You're doing yourself a disservice by hiding the very part you want to fix. I know a lot of guys do this to camouflage the problem, but this is a very important and expensive decision. You want to get it right! You can always grow back the beard in a week.
Offline MissJ  
#50 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2018 10:14:17 PM(UTC)

The bimax one looks good. If needed chin can also be added to bimax during the surgery. Nose and cheek area can be done later down the line. But if you are getting the 'maxfax' surgery, get that FIRST.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Brazil Jaw  
#51 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2018 10:31:23 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
The bimax one looks good. If needed chin can also be added to bimax during the surgery. Nose and cheek area can be done later down the line. But if you are getting the 'maxfax' surgery, get that FIRST.

MissJ, do you have experience with Dolphin? I really want to know if this bimax morph will be similiar to the final result (I like the bimax morph
Offline MissJ  
#52 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2018 7:53:40 PM(UTC)

Dolphin is only sold to dental pros. But my experience with morphing is that the morpher can make no claim that the morph will PREDICT the result for ANY doctor. It does get more predictive when the morpher; for example, me, does it as a study and also has familiarity with what can be done and by WHOM, for the purpose of resolving a person's case to WHICH procedure and WHAT kind of doctor and ultimately WHICH one(s) to CONSULT with.

Hence, it is the task of the doctor WHO did it for you to make a prediction as to how close he can get to the morph. I certainly can't predict for some doctor I know nothing about whether or not his result will be close to his morph.

MissJ, do you have experience with Dolphin? I really want to know if this bimax morph will be similiar to the final result (I like the bimax morph

Offline Brazil Jaw  
#53 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 4:34:32 PM(UTC)

A CCW can be undone, if I don’t like the final result?
Offline MissJ  
#54 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 10:23:58 PM(UTC)

Not easily. what kine of CCW are you having, anterior impaction or posterior downgraft?

A CCW can be undone, if I don’t like the final result?

Offline Brazil Jaw  
#55 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 9:46:04 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: KenCarson Go to Quoted Post
First the easy part - you absolutely need a rhino! Pretty much everyone here agrees. And this can be a separate procedure.

Your profile is very convex and you have a small lower third. If I were you, I would go with bimax & ccw. I know it may seem like a lot, but it will make a huge improvement to your profile. Your bite seems fine, so you probably won't have to deal with braces, etc.

Genioplasty alone won't fix the overall convexity and will give you a deep sulcus (you can easily see that in your doctor's mockup).

Implants may be tempting and an easy fix, but I think you will get a superior result doing maxfax. Just go to the best doc you can afford for this!!!

Too often we try to bargain with ourselves: "well maybe if I just do the least invasive thing, it will be enough..." I've been there myself! I used to think a chin implant would solve all my problems. lol. Wrong! I was in a similar situation as you (without the nose) and it took double jaw with ccw and chin wing, but made a world of difference.

You are correct about the upper lip. Too much verical height, which is why it may appear thin. This should be the last thing to fix, because it will be affected by the procedures above. Look into a subnasal (bullhorn) lip lift. And possibly fillers later if you still want more volume. Filler alone won't lift it and may weigh it down. Not a good look!

If, after everything, you feel that your cheeks need more volume, you can get malar implants and/or a thick long-lasting non-permanent filler.

Don't worry about your ears.

Also, very important: it would really help to SHAVE before taking pics and going on consultations. You're doing yourself a disservice by hiding the very part you want to fix. I know a lot of guys do this to camouflage the problem, but this is a very important and expensive decision. You want to get it right! You can always grow back the beard in a week.

Thanks Ken, I should have shave before take the pictures. But I hate my profile, so if I go to the Bimax route, I will repeat these mockups.

My doc said this too, probably I will need braces just for some months.