logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mike D  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:38:48 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
--------------
I don't wish to travel - too much stress - that is the reason I would not go to Dr. Sullivan in Providence.

You do realize that the stress of a facelift and recovery will make a 1 hour train ride seem relatively easy in comparison?
Offline MissJ  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:39:45 AM(UTC)

Also, I think the stress would be less if she stayed there for a while (air bb&b options for her too) because she would be able to walk around without having to worry who sees her.

Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post
You do realize that the stress of a facelift and recovery will make a 1 hour train ride seem relatively easy in comparison?

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Mike D  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:47:08 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Also, I think the stress would be less if she stayed there for a while (air bb&b options for her too) because she would be able to walk around without having to worry who sees her.

I agree. I enjoyed walking around San Fran while I healed and actually think it helped my swelling to go down more quickly. Once home, I felt under more stress because I was basically a shut-in, as I didn’t want to be seen by anyone I know until I was totally healed.
Offline MissJ  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 10:22:54 AM(UTC)

When I used to get procedures, I liked walking around all swollen in places where no one knew me. Plus in New Haven, there is Yale to hang out. Providence also has cool places to chill.

I agree. I enjoyed walking around San Fran while I healed and actually think it helped my swelling to go down more quickly. Once home, I felt under more stress because I was basically a shut-in, as I didn’t want to be seen by anyone I know until I was totally healed.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Meeka  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 11:14:05 AM(UTC)

This is exactly how I felt. Being in San Fran was enjoyable and people did not look twice at me. I just wore sunglasses and a hat and felt completely comfortable. Sure, the travel from the UK was stressful but its worth it to get the best surgeon for the procedure.

Offline MissJ  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 11:42:53 AM(UTC)

Lara's travel to either Yale or RI where there are also options is a few hours on the train direct route.

Originally Posted by: Meeka Go to Quoted Post
This is exactly how I felt. Being in San Fran was enjoyable and people did not look twice at me. I just wore sunglasses and a hat and felt completely comfortable. Sure, the travel from the UK was stressful but its worth it to get the best surgeon for the procedure.

Offline Meeka  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:23:24 PM(UTC)

Lara's travel to either Yale or RI where there are also options is a few hours on the train direct route.

Its worth travelling that far for a good surgeon. I think any stress would be manageable.

Offline Chris K  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:01:24 PM(UTC)

Woman
Sterlingtose who has crippling anxiety has traveled from Texas to California for a life changing facelift.

....So what she needed 5 klonopin to get through airport security. The point is she did it.

If she can travel for ps anyone can!
Offline MissJ  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 3:13:21 PM(UTC)

http://www.castleconnolly.com/doctors/results2.cfm

Here is another list for Castle Connolly 'top docs' . Plug in area code and specialty.

Offline Larazelle  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 4:18:44 PM(UTC)

When I used to get procedures, I liked walking around all swollen in places where no one knew me. Plus in New Haven, there is Yale to hang out. Providence also has cool places to chill.

MissJ - I think your procedures were getting Sculptra with Dr. W right? That's quite different than recovering from a FL - since I am a Princess my way of recovering is lying in my warm bed with cups of strong tea while binge watching British TV - lol - Bring on Midsomer Murders - lol - Having said that I do get your drift on "a place where no one knows you" as anonymity is my thing - in fact its an antidote for people who think they have started aging and no longer the hot looking people of the neighborhood - of course a round of PSurgery is probably more effective- ha ha - but for people running out of money, moving to a location where no one knows you is a good solution.
Offline Larazelle  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 4:22:18 PM(UTC)

Have you researched Patrick Sullivan in Providence? He's a featured speaker in facelifts at a lot of conferences. IMO his work is conservative (which I think is what you are looking for), yet good.

Thanks Mike - I think Hoss or someone mentioned him before. Now that MissJ has alerted me to the fact that it is only one hour away I may go see him. Also, he may be cheaper than Boston since Providence is not a "hotspot" for plastic surgery.

Offline MissJ  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 4:33:47 PM(UTC)

Mostly in New Haven with the f/gs that blew up the face. No one is suggesting you move. So not clear on the rest of your comment. What kind of comment is that?

Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
--------
MissJ - I think your procedures were getting Sculptra with Dr. W right? That's quite different than recovering from a FL - since I am a Princess my way of recovering is lying in my warm bed with cups of strong tea while binge watching British TV - lol - Bring on Midsomer Murders - lol - Having said that I do get your drift on "a place where no one knows you" as anonymity is my thing - in fact its an antidote for people who think they have started aging and no longer the hot looking people of the neighborhood - of course a round of PSurgery is probably more effective- ha ha - but for people running out of money, moving to a location where no one knows you is a good solution.

Offline Zoey  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 5:21:06 PM(UTC)

Personally, I would never go by that list. I know a doctor who has had multiple lawsuits against him that he lost, and has been disciplined by his specialty board. He's been on that list more than once. He is not a PS.

http://www.castleconnolly.com/doctors/results2.cfm

Here is another list for Castle Connolly 'top docs' . Plug in area code and specialty.
Offline Larazelle  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 6:08:43 PM(UTC)

Mostly in New Haven with the f/gs that blew up the face. No one is suggesting you move. So not clear on the rest of your comment. What kind of comment is that?

I didn't think ANYONE was suggesting that - lol - I thought it was easy to understand; this is what I meant: a lot of the pain of aging at least for pretty women is that as we age people compare us to our former glorious selves - so moving to places where no one knows you is far better than people feeling sorry or shocked when they see how you have aged. I know when I am having a bad face/bad hair day I feel comfortable in places where I am a stranger. You don't have to agree with this way of looking at things - its just my take on it.

Offline MissJ  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:10:41 PM(UTC)

It's just a list of PSs in the boston area when she plugs in zip and PS specialty.

Originally Posted by: Zoey Go to Quoted Post
Personally, I would never go by that list. I know a doctor who has had multiple lawsuits against him that he lost, and has been disciplined by his specialty board. He's been on that list more than once. He is not a PS.