logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Larazelle  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 9:47:06 PM(UTC)
Rank: Guest

Joined: 6/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,111
So here is the list:

William G. Austen Jr. MassGeneral Hospital

David J. Bryan - Lahey Hospital

Matthew J. Carty - Brighams and Womens

Curtis L. Certrulo Jr. - MGH

Yoon Sun Chun - B&W

Daniel Driscll - Tufts Medical center

Jeremy Goverman - MGH

Charles A. Hergrueter - B&W

Bernard T. Lee - Beth Israel Deaconess

Alan Lim - Lahey

John G. Meara - Boston Childrens

Bohdan Pomahac - B&W

Stephen R. Sullivan - Mount Auburn Hospital

Helena O.B Taylor - Mount A H




SO WHADYA THINK.... ANYONE KNOW ANY OF THESE DUDES??

I think I will start by calling up the ones in MGH (because its very close to me) and ask if they are good at SMAS facelifts and then ask what their consult fees are - next I will reach for B&W - I will google ALL OF THEM -
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Robin  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 10:03:48 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/7/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,024
Location: No PMs
what are the criteria for getting on the list?

and are they PS's with cosmetic practices? Most plastic surgeons don't have a majority cosmetic practice...

I think you are better off getting a list of all board-certified PS's in boston and then doing your own research to narrow down the list based on what's important to you.
Offline MissJ  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 11:15:36 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 26,607
I don't like Dan driscoll. Remember him when he was resident with Dr. May . ASked him which canulla would be used for lipo and he just gave a condescending response, 'which ever one is most appropriate.' He was also stand offish in other ways. I was trying to 'scout' out a resident who I would call on many years later. NOT going to be Driscol.


Then when they were doing the lipo, got a BIG SHOCK on one side like twang of nerve pain. That was the saddlebag Driscol did. Austen Jr is department head at MGH. some on the list are very experienced. others young. Sullivan and taylor occupy Feldman's old office.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.


If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Larazelle  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 11:17:58 PM(UTC)
Rank: Guest

Joined: 6/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,111
Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
what are the criteria for getting on the list?

and are they PS's with cosmetic practices? Most plastic surgeons don't have a majority cosmetic practice...

I think you are better off getting a list of all board-certified PS's in boston and then doing your own research to narrow down the list based on what's important to you.



I don't know the exact "criteria" for it - but in my eyes they have been "vetted" - its highly competitive to get on this list - considering that its Boston which has the world best hospital and doctors. I'm assuming its "talent" and good reviews from patients - or even innovative procedures. For example in the Dermatology list - Dr. Rox Anderson was included - now he is The Laser Guru" as MissJ calls him - and he invented Fraxel - so there you go - Having said that, your advice is sensible - but I figured I should look up these guys first -

I looked up my notes on Dr. ______ - and yes, his secretary quoted me a price of $_____ for a SMAS FL - I will call the office tomorrow and confirm it though. It sounds like it might be correct if only for the face - neck might be another ____K - which would come up to ____K - which is what Dr. ____ wanted to charge me for face and neck. The thing about ____ is that after seeing his gallery, his results are very subtle - and perhaps that is why Dr. ____liked him.

Edited by moderator Tuesday, September 19, 2017 12:53:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Privacy for the poster after a public transfer of the string.

Offline MissJ  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 12:47:33 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 26,607
Looks like they are mostly to all boarded PLASTIC surgeons boarded by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who do also do reconstructive work. Some are department heads and/or are on faculty of teaching hospitals.

So, looks like being a boarded PS doing reconstructive work and faculty membership are significant factors which are good ones.

Being a 'facial plastic' (ent types), a 'Top Doc' via Real Self standards for such, having a website aimed at direct appeal to the cosmetic market are not factors.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.


If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline MissJ  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 12:56:24 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 26,607
I transferred this to the public section. Lara, I took the liberty of editing out some of your post just in case you wanted privacy on that. But feel free to discuss what you were saying here as to your discussions with some doctors on the private sections.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.


If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Larazelle  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 3:05:46 PM(UTC)
Rank: Guest

Joined: 6/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,111
Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Looks like they are mostly to all boarded PLASTIC surgeons boarded by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who do also do reconstructive work. Some are department heads and/or are on faculty of teaching hospitals.

So, looks like being a boarded PS doing reconstructive work and faculty membership are significant factors which are good ones.

Being a 'facial plastic' (ent types), a 'Top Doc' via Real Self standards for such, having a website aimed at direct appeal to the cosmetic market are not factors.



I'm on the same page as you on this one MissJ-

Offline Larazelle  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 3:06:48 PM(UTC)
Rank: Guest

Joined: 6/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,111
Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
I transferred this to the public section. Lara, I took the liberty of editing out some of your post just in case you wanted privacy on that. But feel free to discuss what you were saying here as to your discussions with some doctors on the private sections.


Thank you MissJ
Offline Zoey  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:28:43 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,560
Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post


Being a 'facial plastic' (ent types), a 'Top Doc' via Real Self standards for such, having a website aimed at direct appeal to the cosmetic market are not factors.


I guess having a twitter account or Instagram page are not factors either, even though are encouraged on Realself. So tacky.
Offline Larazelle  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:46:06 PM(UTC)
Rank: Guest

Joined: 6/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,111
Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
I don't like Dan driscoll. Remember him when he was resident with Dr. May . ASked him which canulla would be used for lipo and he just gave a condescending response, 'which ever one is most appropriate.' He was also stand offish in other ways. I was trying to 'scout' out a resident who I would call on many years later. NOT going to be Driscol.


Then when they were doing the lipo, got a BIG SHOCK on one side like twang of nerve pain. That was the saddlebag Driscol did. Austen Jr is department head at MGH. some on the list are very experienced. others young. Sullivan and taylor occupy Feldman's old office.


Yeah - I prefer the experienced ones - however the flip side is that they may be too conservative - WHO are the "very experienced" ones.
Offline MissJ  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:42:10 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 26,607
You will need to google for time in practice. Obviously a department head will have lots of experience. When Feldman left, he referred to Sumner Slavin. Heurgrueter has chunk of time under belt.


Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
-----------
Yeah - I prefer the experienced ones - however the flip side is that they may be too conservative - WHO are the "very experienced" ones.


Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.


If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Mike D  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:50:25 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/24/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,095
Location: Between the moon and NYC
Have you researched Patrick Sullivan in Providence? He's a featured speaker in facelifts at a lot of conferences. IMO his work is conservative (which I think is what you are looking for), yet good.
Offline MissJ  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 9:10:24 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 26,607
How about surgery at the Yale hospital?

http://surgery.yale.edu/...tics/surgeons/index.aspx
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.


If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Larazelle  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 11:41:11 PM(UTC)
Rank: Guest

Joined: 6/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,111
Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
How about surgery at the Yale hospital?

http://surgery.yale.edu/...tics/surgeons/index.aspx


I don't wish to travel - too much stress - that is the reason I would not go to Dr. Sullivan in Providence.
Offline MissJ  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 11:45:54 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 26,607
It's travel but from South Station, it's 1 hr away on Amtrak to Providence and 2.5 hours to Yale. Direct route.

Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
--------------
I don't wish to travel - too much stress - that is the reason I would not go to Dr. Sullivan in Providence.


Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.


If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
Previous Topic Next Topic
4 Pages123>»
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.