logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<3456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MissJ  
#61 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 5:49:14 PM(UTC)

What about the high lid margin over the upper iris?

Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
really the only thing that is "odd" or unique is her brows are kind of weird... the rest of it is just how she styles herself. her hair, the lipstick, etc.

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Beholder  
#62 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 6:22:41 PM(UTC)

I feel like I've been misunderstood. I will try to articulate again but before I do I forgot to mention what I DO like about this Pearson patient. I like her natural looking tragus! So maybe it is just me and what I look for. I look for naturalness. A natural tragus and a face that can move normally while speaking. So my priority is to look natural. This patient accomplished her goal which was to look younger in an after photo. She can be his literal Poster Child for looking younger. She looks younger. Yes indeed. My personal goal would be to look younger and be able to make some facial expressions while speaking. She can only blink and speak. Her cheeks look large. By the way, I think she has great bone structure. She has better bone structure than I do! So it was never ever about bone structure. This should probably go into the Psych section about perception and subconscious etc. But what I see is a woman who can not communicate properly and that is sad. Now someone said well, maybe she was overly Botoxed and it wasn't Pearson's fault. Well, maybe. And maybe her face will even out and start to move normally again and everything will be fine. My original point was "WHAT KIND OF JUDGEMENT DID HE USE?" He put her on there before he should have. He could have gotten away with the before and after PHOTOS because she does not talk and so she looks ok. I have always been talking about only the VIDEO. Pearson might as well come out and say "This is my poster child, oops I mean my video child for what I can do for you! I can make you look young and zombie like. You will be able to blink and talk but just kiss the rest of your expression good bye. If you like looking like you have cement cheeks and you can barely open your mouth, than I'm the surgeon for you!

Why did he not wait until she could speak properly? How will we ever know if she will regain her use of facial muscles? This is incredibly important. If it was all one dimensional and it didn't matter, then we would all just cut out photos of our favorite models and glue them to our faces. Men would just stick with blow up dolls. People are attracted to Charisma. the "IT" factor. Watch women at a party. It is not always only the incredibly beautiful. The average woman can appear more beautiful by looking interested or being dynamic. Looking compassionate. Making humorous expressions. All that stuff is attractive
Offline MissJ  
#63 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 7:00:38 PM(UTC)

You are still DERIDING the PS for making her look 'odd' and 'unatural' when his face lift didn't make her look that way.

As to her face not normally moving when speaking, as Robin said, [Even with a successful surgery and no nerve damage, your facial muscles and expression will not be normal looking at 6 weeks postop.]

As to why he made this video of her at only 6 weeks, 'what judgement did he use'?...well maybe he attended 'Real Self University' where they tell the doctors to get their reviews from patients EARLY ON and most certainly NOT at the 8-months to one year mark.

Originally Posted by: Beholder Go to Quoted Post
I feel like I've been misunderstood. I will try to articulate again but before I do I forgot to mention what I DO like about this Pearson patient. I like her natural looking tragus! So maybe it is just me and what I look for. I look for naturalness. A natural tragus and a face that can move normally while speaking. So my priority is to look natural. This patient accomplished her goal which was to look younger in an after photo. She can be his literal Poster Child for looking younger. She looks younger. Yes indeed. My personal goal would be to look younger and be able to make some facial expressions while speaking. She can only blink and speak. Her cheeks look large. By the way, I think she has great bone structure. She has better bone structure than I do! So it was never ever about bone structure. This should probably go into the Psych section about perception and subconscious etc. But what I see is a woman who can not communicate properly and that is sad. Now someone said well, maybe she was overly Botoxed and it wasn't Pearson's fault. Well, maybe. And maybe her face will even out and start to move normally again and everything will be fine. My original point was "WHAT KIND OF JUDGEMENT DID HE USE?" He put her on there before he should have. He could have gotten away with the before and after PHOTOS because she does not talk and so she looks ok. I have always been talking about only the VIDEO. Pearson might as well come out and say "This is my poster child, oops I mean my video child for what I can do for you! I can make you look young and zombie like. You will be able to blink and talk but just kiss the rest of your expression good bye. If you like looking like you have cement cheeks and you can barely open your mouth, than I'm the surgeon for you!

Why did he not wait until she could speak properly? How will we ever know if she will regain her use of facial muscles? This is incredibly important. If it was all one dimensional and it didn't matter, then we would all just cut out photos of our favorite models and glue them to our faces. Men would just stick with blow up dolls. People are attracted to Charisma. the "IT" factor. Watch women at a party. It is not always only the incredibly beautiful. The average woman can appear more beautiful by looking interested or being dynamic. Looking compassionate. Making humorous expressions. All that stuff is attractive

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Beholder  
#64 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 7:12:32 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
You are still DERIDING the PS for making her look 'odd' and 'unatural' when his face lift didn't make her look that way.

As to her face not normally moving when speaking, as Robin said, [Even with a successful surgery and no nerve damage, your facial muscles and expression will not be normal looking at 6 weeks postop.]

As to why he made this video of her at only 6 weeks, 'what judgement did he use'?...well maybe he attended 'Real Self University' where they tell the doctors to get their reviews from patients EARLY ON and most certainly NOT at the 8-months to one year mark.

That is actually very funny and probably true!
Offline Robin  
#65 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 7:47:23 PM(UTC)

What about the high lid margin over the upper iris?

you mean from lash to crease? I wasn't bothered by that... her eyes are actually striking, it's the brows that throw them off (the space between the crease and brow is way too much.)
Offline Robin  
#66 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 8:02:04 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Beholder Go to Quoted Post

Why did he not wait until she could speak properly?

it's an interesting question.

I think that his website is not great overall. To state the obvious, just because you are brilliant at one thing does not mean you are brilliant at all things. Many great surgeons are terrible at marketing and presentation. They don't think at that level of detail about it. It's the same reason you hear about millionaire rock stars ending up broke because they didn't understand what their manager was doing with their money.

Offline MissJ  
#67 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 8:04:35 PM(UTC)

upper lid margin (water line) being above her iris where her eyes look too surprised. Looks like she may have ptosis surgery that went too high over the upper iris.

Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
you mean from lash to crease? I wasn't bothered by that... her eyes are actually striking, it's the brows that throw them off (the space between the crease and brow is way too much.)

MissJ attached the following image(s):
a high lash line.JPG (12kb) downloaded 16 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.

Offline Robin  
#68 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 8:20:29 AM(UTC)

upper lid margin (water line) being above her iris where her eyes look too surprised. Looks like she may have ptosis surgery that went too high over the upper iris.

i can see what you are referring to... maybe she did have that surgery. if the brows weren't so weird i don't think it would bother me...
Offline MissJ  
#69 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 9:05:49 AM(UTC)

Looks like either prior ptosis surgery or maybe too much skin removal from upper bleph. The brows just 'frame' it more.

Offline ditterbo  
#70 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 12:08:34 PM(UTC)

Haven't read the whole thread but 'normal patient results' or not, not even knowing anything about this doctor and just watching this video, she creeps me the hell out. The video is obviously scripted, terribly edited, but worst of all she has a permanent 'deer in headlights' look to her eyes that I/any random patient wouldn't dig deep into her history to determine if it was natural or not. My head would go to 'this is the only person willing to give him a testimonial' and maybe she's getting paid to do it because she looks like she needs more surgery. It's totally fine, IMO, and preferable to show the every day person in a testimonial before/after. But she looks uncanny, post op, in a way that no one cares if it was caused by the doctor or not. She looked more natural in the before she showed in the video. I haven't looked into the doc himself or anything though, just this video.
Offline MissJ  
#71 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 2:00:20 PM(UTC)

'Deer in headlights' is eye situation I was referring to. He might have more testimonials. Found by clicking on his YouTube name and seeing the other ones.

Originally Posted by: ditterbo Go to Quoted Post
Haven't read the whole thread but 'normal patient results' or not, not even knowing anything about this doctor and just watching this video, she creeps me the hell out. The video is obviously scripted, terribly edited, but worst of all she has a permanent 'deer in headlights' look to her eyes that I/any random patient wouldn't dig deep into her history to determine if it was natural or not. My head would go to 'this is the only person willing to give him a testimonial' and maybe she's getting paid to do it because she looks like she needs more surgery. It's totally fine, IMO, and preferable to show the every day person in a testimonial before/after. But she looks uncanny, post op, in a way that no one cares if it was caused by the doctor or not. She looked more natural in the before she showed in the video. I haven't looked into the doc himself or anything though, just this video.

Offline MissJ  
#72 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 2:17:00 PM(UTC)

No clue if some of you think that's his ONLY video. He has more. https://www.youtube.com/...CFNIvLmfq63zzH7PpHjuZyw.

Offline Hoss  
#73 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 5:58:42 PM(UTC)

I guess this is her pre-facelift video (after he did her nose)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSX_1-Gq82Y

Edited by user Sunday, October 1, 2017 1:24:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Winny  
#74 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 9:01:56 PM(UTC)

Her lips move all weird when she talks . Someone mentioned that about the facelift video . But I think that is just how she speaks . It’s odd like the top lip hardly moves . And the huge lower lip moves like a lot .
Offline Robin  
#75 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 9:14:54 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Hoss Go to Quoted Post
I guess this is her pre-facelift video (after he did her nose)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSX_1-Gq82Y

yeah well there you have it... her face didn't really move when she spoke before the facelift. Super botoxed maybe.