logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<23456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MissJ  
#46 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:47:41 PM(UTC)

He show cases patients who have GOOD bone structure underneath it all. I've never seen him show case a patient with her type of start point. If I were you, I'd ask to see patients with the worst start points to see how good he can get those types.

Originally Posted by: Beholder Go to Quoted Post
I guess my other post didn't show up. Tim Marten has a great book showcasing his work. He has several "homely" or old looking Before shots and the After shots all look way better. His talent and aesthetic sense knew what to do to make them look better. So seeing these old or homely looking before shots is a GOOD THING. I love that! It gives ME hope lol. I never wanted pretty before shots. I just want to see a natural looking result that looks better. I did not see that with Pearson's video. I guess the photos are ok. She looks fine and younger in the afters but wow, the she speaks, nothing moves in her face. That terrifies me. I would never want to have a frozen face when speaking. That is what is so unsettling. Her non-moving face. I thought "Oh my god- he gave her some kind of nerve damage" If this woman spoke to you at the grocery store would you ever think "She is so young looking!" No! You would think "Why does her face not move and only her lips move? Why don't her eyes seem normal? What is so odd about her?

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline MissJ  
#47 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:48:59 PM(UTC)

Sorry but I think she is on an unconscious level.

Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
--------------
MissJ -

Beholder is NOT saying that - she is saying that this guy does not care about presentation or details and is not picky enough about his end result - he is like a "whatever" doctor - she is NOT faulting him for NOT picking a beautiful though aging model to do surgery -

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Beholder  
#48 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:51:30 PM(UTC)

I would expect the doctor to keep this particular patient under wraps. She is happy with her plastic look obviously. I guess she doesn't care if her brows or cheeks don't move and neither does he. I would expect to see an After video of someone speaking who has some actual facial expression who would not scare small children. Someone who does not look like she is wearing a mask. Not a lot to ask for. Again I don't care is she is homely. She was not homely. Just an average woman who started out with overly arched high brows. He transformed her into a tight faced woman who may look younger but looks like she has facial paralysis.
Offline Beholder  
#49 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:53:48 PM(UTC)

Am I the only one who would rather look old than odd?

There has got to be a way to look better and younger without compromising facial expression. Facial expression is incredibly important. It is how we communicate!!!
Offline Beholder  
#50 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:55:40 PM(UTC)

If this woman were my friend and I knew her as an animated person, lets ignore her features, whether you think she is homely or not, she is my friend and we are able to laugh and have fun and she can communicate joy and anger and sadness. Then she has surgery and her face stops moving. I would mourn the loss of my friend and her "personality"
Offline Larazelle  
#51 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:58:22 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Sorry but I think she is on an unconscious level.

To be honest I have just seen this models before and after (and was put off by her "odd" appearance in both) - but have not seen the rest of his work or the video -

Now if this doctor had a showcase display on his website of "wonderful" examples of inherently good looking but aging women and then he decided to show an "anomaly" - proving that he thinks plastic surgery is NOT JUST for the ones born beautiful - but even not so attractive ones can be made better - that would be fine - but he has NOT proved this with this patient - actually I don't see much of an improvement - besides looking younger - he is not a MAGICIAN like Tim Marten.
Offline Larazelle  
#52 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 2:00:53 PM(UTC)

There has got to be a way to look better and younger without compromising facial expression. Facial expression is incredibly important. It is how we communicate!!!

I would rather look "ageless" than "odd" myself - lol

Offline Beholder  
#53 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 2:03:10 PM(UTC)

A personal example of "oddness" pertains to myself after I had fat injected into my cheeks. I was babysitting a three year old a few months after the fat graft and still felt self conscious and over filled. When I smiled, I was very self conscious because my cheeks would bunch up and look oddly big. The child did something really funny and I started laughing and he kind of stared at me and reached his chubby little fingers to touch and feel my cheeks. He "pinched" and felt my cheeks as I laughed. His little three year old brain KNEW SOMETHING WAS NOT RIGHT. A three year old sensed the unnaturalness. Children can sense what is normal and what is not. If this Pearson lady talked to a small child, i bet you anything they would take a few steps back and wonder what was wrong. If the "before" woman talked to a small child, they might subconsciously think she is not pretty but they would not be perplexed. This is important to me because I am around small children. I used to be a preschool teacher and I still babysit a lot.
Offline MissJ  
#54 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 4:32:00 PM(UTC)

He didn't 'transform' her into anything other than what she started with already except for addressing the aging she had over what she started with already. Observant people will see that.

I would expect the doctor to keep this particular patient under wraps. She is happy with her plastic look obviously. I guess she doesn't care if her brows or cheeks don't move and neither does he. I would expect to see an After video of someone speaking who has some actual facial expression who would not scare small children. Someone who does not look like she is wearing a mask. Not a lot to ask for. Again I don't care is she is homely. She was not homely. Just an average woman who started out with overly arched high brows. He transformed her into a tight faced woman who may look younger but looks like she has facial paralysis.

Offline MissJ  
#55 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 4:35:36 PM(UTC)

Well, your one of the few on the string not observing the obvious which is that she had what could be called an 'odd' look BEFORE at the start which isn't about to change with a face/neck lift.

Offline MissJ  
#56 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 4:42:02 PM(UTC)

So, tell me, how would Marten have changed her nose, her lips, her bone structure and reversed the upper eye lid issue where her lid ledge is above her iris?

Takes more than 'magic' to address some of the inherent issues she started with.

Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
----------------

To be honest I have just seen this models before and after (and was put off by her "odd" appearance in both) - but have not seen the rest of his work or the video -

Now if this doctor had a showcase display on his website of "wonderful" examples of inherently good looking but aging women and then he decided to show an "anomaly" - proving that he thinks plastic surgery is NOT JUST for the ones born beautiful - but even not so attractive ones can be made better - that would be fine - but he has NOT proved this with this patient - actually I don't see much of an improvement - besides looking younger - he is not a MAGICIAN like Tim Marten.

Offline MissJ  
#57 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 4:50:12 PM(UTC)

She could be described as looking 'odd' BEFORE the surgery. I guess a better word would be how Melissa said it; 'unique'. After, she still had her same 'uniqueness' but with her soft tissue lifted over that. Her surgery was not aimed at undoing what could be perceived as 'odd' about her appearance or to change what was 'unique' about it.

A personal example of "oddness" pertains to myself after I had fat injected into my cheeks. I was babysitting a three year old a few months after the fat graft and still felt self conscious and over filled. When I smiled, I was very self conscious because my cheeks would bunch up and look oddly big. The child did something really funny and I started laughing and he kind of stared at me and reached his chubby little fingers to touch and feel my cheeks. He "pinched" and felt my cheeks as I laughed. His little three year old brain KNEW SOMETHING WAS NOT RIGHT. A three year old sensed the unnaturalness. Children can sense what is normal and what is not. If this Pearson lady talked to a small child, i bet you anything they would take a few steps back and wonder what was wrong. If the "before" woman talked to a small child, they might subconsciously think she is not pretty but they would not be perplexed. This is important to me because I am around small children. I used to be a preschool teacher and I still babysit a lot.

Offline maybellineo  
#58 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 5:14:57 PM(UTC)

If this woman were my friend and I knew her as an animated person, lets ignore her features, whether you think she is homely or not, she is my friend and we are able to laugh and have fun and she can communicate joy and anger and sadness. Then she has surgery and her face stops moving. I would mourn the loss of my friend and her "personality"

What if she has just overdone the Botox? If the PS didn't administer it, it wouldn't be his fault her face isn't animated.
Offline Robin  
#59 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 5:23:03 PM(UTC)

you have clearly decided against seeing this doctor so i am not writing this to say otherwise. we all have reasons why we move on, and you have to be 100% comfortable with your choices. I think his gallery shows competence but probably not spectacular.

I will say this, though. When I looked at her pics initially and the beginning of the video, i thought "she is still swollen". I watched the video all the way through and she says she is 6 weeks postop.

Even with a successful surgery and no nerve damage, your facial muscles and expression will not be normal looking at 6 weeks postop. Personally, I would not even take a broad smiling photo at 6 weeks postop.

I also noticed that her brows don't move as she speaks. she looks to me that she is heavily botoxed.

if you want to see a good example of a video testimonial, go to kornstein.com and scroll to the bottom left and watch that patient. She is 55 and she doesn't say specifically what she had done but I'm pretty sure she must have had some kind of facelift to look like that at age 55. her face animates nicely! I have a feeling she had her surgery some time ago and continues to see him for smaller things, botox and fillers...
Offline Robin  
#60 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 5:24:38 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
She could be described as looking 'odd' BEFORE the surgery. I guess a better word would be how Melissa said it; 'unique'. After, she still had her same 'uniqueness' but with her soft tissue lifted over that. Her surgery was not aimed at undoing what could be perceived as 'odd' about her appearance or to change what was 'unique' about it.

really the only thing that is "odd" or unique is her brows are kind of weird... the rest of it is just how she styles herself. her hair, the lipstick, etc.