logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Beholder  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 1:42:16 PM(UTC)
Rank: Newbie

Joined: 6/2/2014(UTC)
Posts: 97
https://youtu.be/P1jxh-iFaew


Can I trust a doctor who would use this as an example of his work? Dr James Pearson does faces only and is very conveniently located. His credentials are good but I have to wonder why he would use this woman for an example of his work. Her brows are overly elevated and she looks odd in many ways. To be fair, her brows were too high in the before shots also.
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline MissJ  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 3:31:18 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 25,693
Her bone structure is what makes her look the way she does and has nothing to do with his work. He lifted her soft tissue over her bone structure which is what most PS's do. I see nothing 'un trustworthy' about the presentation.

ETA: I think that people are just used to before/afters of patients where the PS cherry picks them as to select ONLY the ones who start off as being very attractive underneath what ever sagging tissue they have where their main aesthetic problem is tissue droop and some volume loss. That is to say, if a patient would be seen as looking 'odd' in some way, in particular a way that that the face lift (or what ever they are getting) is not aimed at correcting, a lot of PSs will elect NOT to use as public example and for fear that people will attribute what ever inherent 'oddness' the patient has to their work.

Personally, I'm not a fan of video presentations on You Tube to market patient testimonials, especially ones where they close comments. I prefer before/afters on the doctor website instead. So, on that aspect I would critique him as someone marketing a bit too much for my tastes.

Look again at her photos. Her head is tilted up more in the after which makes her brows look higher and forehead more sloped back. I think she's also sporting a rhino that she got from him.


From her BEFORE photos you could say she has some oddness about her appearance. But what oddness did she start out with, (aside from the rhino which was 'OK' but could have been better) where it could be expected that the doctor's face/neck lift would have corrected them?





Originally Posted by: Beholder Go to Quoted Post
https://youtu.be/P1jxh-iFaew


Can I trust a doctor who would use this as an example of his work? Dr James Pearson does faces only and is very conveniently located. His credentials are good but I have to wonder why he would use this woman for an example of his work. Her brows are overly elevated and she looks odd in many ways. To be fair, her brows were too high in the before shots also.

Edited by user Friday, September 15, 2017 3:14:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MissJ attached the following image(s):
a plastic surgery result.JPG (46kb) downloaded 21 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.
Offline Robin  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:02:54 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/7/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,776
Location: No PMs
i had meant to comment on this when you initially posted.

the video you posted - by her brows and lips and hair you can see that she has a specific aesthetic sense and i don't think this has anything to do with the doctor. looking at his before and after pics on the website, to miss j's point, he does show a wide range of starting points which is good.

he produces "improvement" in the neck but not "great" necks. Also, the afters are clearly still in the honeymoon swelling phase... and so a lot of them will loosen up a bit more as that recedes. it bugs me when a website doesn't say how far postop the patient is.

I think it depends on what your starting point is now, how you looked in youth, and what your expectation is.
Offline Mike D  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:15:24 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/24/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,840
Location: Between the moon and NYC
That patient would have benefited from a reversal of her previous browlift if she did in fact have one prior to her "before" in the picture posted above. Or perhaps she just has had A LOT of Botox.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 19, 2017 10:36:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline lamb  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 10:09:35 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 2/16/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,039
She had a lot of distorted filler in her face before. not good before a FL.
Offline MissJ  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 11:54:26 AM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 25,693
What the OP finds 'odd' is not an example of the doctor's work. It's an example of a combination of inherent bony morphology and feature issues she's starting with. So, whatever 'oddness' she starts with will still be there after her face lift and might be more visible when the sag and droop of what CAN be fixed in a face/neck lift is addressed.

It's also an example of viewers faulting a doctor for things he/she is not there to 'fix'.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.
Offline lamb  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 1:32:40 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 2/16/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,039
Yea I concur, just saying all that old filler certainly didn't help things.
Offline MissJ  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 2:46:53 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 25,693
I'm not sure if it's filler , fat or nothing. Does her history give any info on it?


Originally Posted by: lamb Go to Quoted Post
Yea I concur, just saying all that old filler certainly didn't help things.


Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.
Offline Winny  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 3:17:53 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 10/4/2014(UTC)
Posts: 591
She is slightly homely to be in a video promo . But beauty is in the eye of the beholder .
Offline Larazelle  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:56:20 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,975
This woman looks very ODD - I get an unsettled feeling when I look at her - one wonders WHY this doctor chose her as a "showcase" model. Perhaps the others were not willing. I would definitely NOT be willing to be on at website. Having said that she has a kind of "ageless" look to her - which is the best thing to aim for after 35 or 40. Also IMO she has the type of features that were a "precursor" of that ageless look. She always had BIG features on a large face - I'm sure at 18 she looked MUCH older - like 25 - but then she "settled" into her "mature"face - I think in her before pic this woman could pass for anywhere between 45 and 60 - in her after from late thirties to early fifties. I had a friend in high school who, poor thing had this unfortunate look. People found it very hard to believe that she was 17 - she was also tall, which makes one look older. I saw her at 35 and she didn't look much older than her peers - so perhaps like she is getting younger as we speak - like Benjamin Button - ha ha
Offline MissJ  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 5:40:57 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 25,693
On closer inspection and after suffering through this video more closely, (I can't stand patient testimonial videos and find them laborious to 'extract' info that's best provided via before/after shots with full description of what the patient had.), it does reveal that this doctor did some things to her prior but kind of a mystery as to what they were.


The video was published in 2014.

In it she says she met him in 2013, had a few procedures and 'every one had excellent results'. One of them was probably a rhino. But who knows IF another one was ptosis surgery and/or a brow lift because her upper lid margin it just TOO high as are her brows.

Later in video, she said she wanted neck tightening and mid face lift and her EYES LIFTED but the description on his website does not mention direct eye lifts, just midface lift/cheek lift lower face/neck lift.

Looking at his website further where SHE is used in the section describing 'midface/cheek lift', it turns out he does his midface/cheek lift though SAME access used to do the brow lift. Although the cheeks can be lifted through the same access you would use to lift the brows, the brows are going to go along with that. So if she looked SURPRISED in the before, she looks more so in the after.

Personally, I think she would have looked better if she got the cheek and lower lid displacement via an incision in front of the lateral temple hairline for direct access as to avoid any more lifting to the brows, along with just some fill to the temple and lateral brow arch to they cast straighter on her face. But then again, she seems to attribute this surprised appearance (that she started out with) as looking 'more alert' and is very happy with the outcome. She also is very happy with the nose work which may have been one of the things he did prior. Nose work is an improvement BUT not as good as it could be.

She already looks surprised in the before and wants to look 'more alert'. The doctor's technique of doing the cheek lift via the brow lift incision that also lifts the brows makes her look 'more alert' as she WANTS and she has no clue it gives even a more surprised appearance. So, all in all, I would say she constitutes a PERFECT PATIENT for THIS doctor.

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.
Offline MissJ  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 5:44:58 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 25,693
Well, the doctor can't be expected to change all that factors into that.


Originally Posted by: Winny Go to Quoted Post
She is slightly homely to be in a video promo . But beauty is in the eye of the beholder .


Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.
Offline Larazelle  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 6:16:34 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,975
Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
On closer inspection and after suffering through this video more closely, (I can't stand patient testimonial videos and find them laborious to 'extract' info that's best provided via before/after shots with full description of what the patient had.), it does reveal that this doctor did some things to her prior but kind of a mystery as to what they were.


The video was published in 2014.

In it she says she met him in 2013, had a few procedures and 'every one had excellent results'. One of them was probably a rhino. But who knows IF another one was ptosis surgery and/or a brow lift because her upper lid margin it just TOO high as are her brows.

Later in video, she said she wanted neck tightening and mid face lift and her EYES LIFTED but the description on his website does not mention direct eye lifts, just midface lift/cheek lift lower face/neck lift.

Looking at his website further where SHE is used in the section describing 'midface/cheek lift', it turns out he does his midface/cheek lift though SAME access used to do the brow lift. Although the cheeks can be lifted through the same access you would use to lift the brows, the brows are going to go along with that. So if she looked SURPRISED in the before, she looks more so in the after.

Personally, I think she would have looked better if she got the cheek and lower lid displacement via an incision in front of the lateral temple hairline for direct access as to avoid any more lifting to the brows, along with just some fill to the temple and lateral brow arch to they cast straighter on her face. But then again, she seems to attribute this surprised appearance (that she started out with) as looking 'more alert' and is very happy with the outcome. She also is very happy with the nose work which may have been one of the things he did prior. Nose work is an improvement BUT not as good as it could be.

She already looks surprised in the before and wants to look 'more alert'. The doctor's technique of doing the cheek lift via the brow lift incision that also lifts the brows makes her look 'more alert' as she WANTS and she has no clue it gives even a more surprised appearance. So, all in all, I would say she constitutes a PERFECT PATIENT for THIS doctor.



This woman is an example of someone who lives in her own rarified world and is SO SURE about what she thinks that she would never believe anyone who told her that she looks "off" and one of the reasons is her "alert look" - lol - She is happy with her look, so yes, MissJ - she found the doctor who had a particular way of doing this that gave her the result she wanted - their consciousness met at a common point to create a mutually satisfying result. What makes me wonder is how this doctor can be proud of this result and NOT think she looks odd. Also, it may have satisfied her, but I think 80% of people looking at his website would think that it was not the best result - and therefore there was no need for him to showcase it. This doctor is as strange as she is - another similarity - lol
Offline MissJ  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 7:08:40 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 25,693
Well, she starts out with things that he's not being jobbed for to make look 'un odd'. She has a lift over her inherent 'look'.


Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
-------------
This woman is an example of someone who lives in her own rarified world and is SO SURE about what she thinks that she would never believe anyone who told her that she looks "off" and one of the reasons is her "alert look" - lol - She is happy with her look, so yes, MissJ - she found the doctor who had a particular way of doing this that gave her the result she wanted - their consciousness met at a common point to create a mutually satisfying result. What makes me wonder is how this doctor can be proud of this result and NOT think she looks odd. Also, it may have satisfied her, but I think 80% of people looking at his website would think that it was not the best result - and therefore there was no need for him to showcase it. This doctor is as strange as she is - another similarity - lol


Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.
Offline Winny  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 7:23:42 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 10/4/2014(UTC)
Posts: 591
I still don't understand why he'd use her for advertising . I don't mean to be harsh or rude . Just she kind of looks like Shrek
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Previous Topic Next Topic
6 Pages123>»
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.