logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Vanessa  
#31 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 3:06:51 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
Really? How could you not care about the ears? Bad ears are a telltale sign... and you can not wear your hair back at all. What's the point of having a facelift if you have to hide half your face with hair to hide your ears.

What I meant is that most people and the opposite sex are focused on your overall look. If your overall aesthetics are increased substantially, I personally would trade that for a slight ear change. The average person is not looking at one's ears. I've never heard a man talk about a woman's ears. Its her central face and overall look that 99% of people are focused on. I think this woman has one of the best results I've seen but apparently I am in the minority.
Offline Robin  
#32 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 8:27:40 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Vanessa Go to Quoted Post
What I meant is that most people and the opposite sex are focused on your overall look. If your overall aesthetics are increased substantially, I personally would trade that for a slight ear change. The average person is not looking at one's ears. I've never heard a man talk about a woman's ears. Its her central face and overall look that 99% of people are focused on. I think this woman has one of the best results I've seen but apparently I am in the minority.

no, they don't talk about ears, but there is a sense when the harmony looks "off" and it detracts from the overall appearance. There are overt signs of problematic plastic surgery like "pixie ear" deformity and then there is also the subtle disharmony that something is weird/not right and it overall doesn't look good.

I think her ears and incision lines are still very swollen and will likely get better over time. it will be interesting to see her at 4 to 6 months.
Offline Chris K  
#33 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 8:30:39 AM(UTC)

Woman

if MEN is the only thing you're focused on, they make not make a direct conscious connection BUT all parts are taking in on some level...and the men may make the choice between something that looks natural and something a little off. even if they don't pinpoint ears.

at your AGE vanessa, you should be focused on a balanced view of that looks good to you FIRST, then what looks good to other women, and what men find attractive absolutely last.

if you were a sex object at a certain age, relish in that glory, but move on and integrate different levels of appeal. sex appeal should be less direct as you age. make it subtly suggestive or more subliminal. you can't sell the same product forever.

get with the program vanessa. you are a very stubborn gal of a certain age.
Offline lucillenyc  
#34 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 9:41:40 AM(UTC)

I see what you mean about "the blob," Robin, but don't you think there's a good chance it's temporary swelling? From what I understand (and am preparing myself for), a neck lift can leave all kinds of strange-looking swelling for months.

Maybe. But i don't think her overall lift results are that good either. Big blob under chin.

Offline Zoey  
#35 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 1:49:52 PM(UTC)

Mike, don't you see that is the majority of face lifts?
Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post
In my earlier post, I said perpendicular to the jawline, but I meant horizontal to the jawline, like you state. I hate when the ears are horizontal to the jawline.

Offline Vanessa  
#36 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 4:39:55 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Chris K Go to Quoted Post
if MEN is the only thing you're focused on, they make not make a direct conscious connection BUT all parts are taking in on some level...and the men may make the choice between something that looks natural and something a little off. even if they don't pinpoint ears.

at your AGE vanessa, you should be focused on a balanced view of that looks good to you FIRST, then what looks good to other women, and what men find attractive absolutely last.

if you were a sex object at a certain age, relish in that glory, but move on and integrate different levels of appeal. sex appeal should be less direct as you age. make it subtly suggestive or more subliminal. you can't sell the same product forever.

get with the program vanessa. you are a very stubborn gal of a certain age.

I see that you still have a crush on me. Get over it.

Offline Mike D  
#37 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 5:01:55 PM(UTC)

IMO, other than her ears, she could have a very good result. She looks much better than before. How much of that is swelling, time will tell. It's also possible that her ears will improve with time. Mine looked weird for a few weeks, but never the earlobes like what I pointed out in her. Again, that's not to say that her ears won't settle.
Offline Mike D  
#38 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 5:10:59 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Zoey Go to Quoted Post
Mike, don't you see that is the majority of face lifts?

I wouldn't say MOST, but a lot. Where I see it the most is in second and third facelifts. Most surgeons who don't do a lot of SMAS work in the first facelift end up relying more on skin removal to "re-live the glory" of the first lift when they perform the second/third lifts years later.

I've seen a lot (like 15 now) of Marten's work in person where this isn't the case, including a secondary lift done more than 10 years after the first.
Offline Larazelle  
#39 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 8:41:26 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Well, that's a key 'problem' with being a member of the Miss J board. You learn to observe things that no one else thinks to look for (eg a tragus) and can become self conscious about having things or getting things that the average person might not be able to peg you as having.

So, with the sharp eye I encourage here, it's still important to also see things through the eye of the average person.

Well said Missj - but I have also said something similar MANY times on this board - that most people do not notice anything - they are too busy worrying about their own lives. I see people on this board who suffer needlessly and waste money unnecessarily - sad.
Offline Larazelle  
#40 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 8:49:51 PM(UTC)

Really? How could you not care about the ears? Bad ears are a telltale sign... and you can not wear your hair back at all. What's the point of having a facelift if you have to hide half your face with hair to hide your ears.

Robin:

The ears are not half the face - lol - Also, very few people have good ears - so they are better hidden. I have godawful big ears- I wear my hair down and it DOES NOT cover half my face. I think hair is a wonderful "frame" for the face and also very few women can wear their hair up or back as you have to have the "proper" features for that - think Audrey Hepburn or Liz Taylor.

Offline Beholder  
#41 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 10:06:26 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Zoey Go to Quoted Post
Mike, you are not the only one!! I am obsessed with the ears. That is the only reason why I have not had a much needed face lift yet. In fact I am seriously considering getting a pre tragus lift for fear of distortion.

Me too Zoey and Mike D! I almost ignore the wonderful results and zoom in to the ears to make sure they look natural when I look at facelift photos. More often than not, I hate the way the tragus looks. Not natural. This is why I will probably have a pre tarsal incision myself
Offline Robin  
#42 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 10:35:21 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
---------------
Robin:

The ears are not half the face - lol - Also, very few people have good ears - so they are better hidden. I have godawful big ears- I wear my hair down and it DOES NOT cover half my face. I think hair is a wonderful "frame" for the face and also very few women can wear their hair up or back as you have to have the "proper" features for that - think Audrey Hepburn or Liz Taylor.

to cover your ears, you will have to wear your hair in front of your ears - on your face. your hair will fall into your face differently depending on the style, but to really hide your ears so that they won't become visible with motion, you will be obscuring or partially obscuring a good part of what I feel is the most attractive part of the face... the cheeks, temples and lateral eye area.

I realize not everyone will feel they are attractive enough to wear their hair back but it is very limiting to have to hide your ears.
Offline Larazelle  
#43 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 10:58:39 PM(UTC)

to cover your ears, you will have to wear your hair in front of your ears - on your face. your hair will fall into your face differently depending on the style, but to really hide your ears so that they won't become visible with motion, you will be obscuring or partially obscuring a good part of what I feel is the most attractive part of the face... the cheeks, temples and lateral eye area.

I realize not everyone will feel they are attractive enough to wear their hair back but it is very limiting to have to hide your ears.

Robin - I do concede to a few points of yours - however I was mainly thinking about "my hair, face and ears" I have bangs and so my hair covers my temples - which is fine with me since I have hollow temples. My ears are quite hidden which is also fine by me - ha ha - however my cheeks ARE NOT hidden at all. I think it must be the kind of hair or face I have (don't know which) that allows me to cover my ears and NOT hide my face - ha ha - I don't know about you Robin but this conversation is making me giggle -

Offline Robin  
#44 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 11:27:56 PM(UTC)

So Lara, have you had your facelift with Nim's dr?
Offline MissJ  
#45 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 11:36:49 PM(UTC)

Ya, Lara and what about the nose work that you mention in rev rhino section. When did you have that.

So Lara, have you had your facelift with Nim's dr?

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)