logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zoey  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 8:15:43 AM(UTC)

Mike, you are not the only one!! I am obsessed with the ears. That is the only reason why I have not had a much needed face lift yet. In fact I am seriously considering getting a pre tragus lift for fear of distortion.

Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post
I think I'm one of the few who cares about the ears. I don't think most patients give a second thought to them. It's always been something I've looked for.

Offline Meeka  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 8:50:46 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Zoey Go to Quoted Post
Mike, you are not the only one!! I am obsessed with the ears. That is the only reason why I have not had a much needed face lift yet. In fact I am seriously considering getting a pre tragus lift for fear of distortion.

I also care a lot how the ears look especially after having mine pulled and distorted after my first facelift. I never appreciated how lucky I was to have good ears before they were distorted. Correcting the lobes is not so hard but once the tragus has been flattened and pulled its not so easy to ever get the natural tragus look back again.

Online MissJ  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:16:25 PM(UTC)

Post tragus takes more experience (or skill) to do because they are working within a smaller visual field and they have to be really meticulous, eg. defatting the skin part they overlay to the tragus so it doesn't get distorted. So, some docs are much better at carrying out the post tragal--and with no distortion--than others are. Keep in mind it's done so no one sees a scar right beside the ear. Even with some distortion, the 'average eye on the street' isn't pegging that as '= to face lift'.

A pre-tragal incision can be well hidden in people with little tendency to scar or who might have a little fold there anyway to hide it. But it's no guarantee against ear distortion. If the area right beside the ears is made too flat in a tight 'horizontal' pull, although the ears don't change, they could look like they are sticking out more compared to the flattened area right beside them.

Now the pixie earlobe distortion is different matter as they all put an incision right beside the lobe on their way to the back of the ear. No pun intended but a pixie ear is the 'ear mark' of an inexperienced PS.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Robin  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:18:13 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Vanessa Go to Quoted Post
I thought she looked amazing and who cares about the ears.

Really? How could you not care about the ears? Bad ears are a telltale sign... and you can not wear your hair back at all. What's the point of having a facelift if you have to hide half your face with hair to hide your ears.
Offline Quno  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:49:27 PM(UTC)

I think what she meant to say is that any relatively minor ear issues pale in comparison to getting a very good result on the lift.

Best to try and get both but that's not always possible.
Offline Zoey  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 4:59:03 PM(UTC)

It seems to me that 99% of the plastic surgeons out there have a hard time creating a natural looking tragus and or earlobe. On the other hand, maybe I see some people who have had a great facelift and because they have no telltale signs, I assume they did not have a facelift. For some reason, I have always believed that no matter how good a facelift is, that I could see some telltale sign.

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Post tragus takes more experience (or skill) to do because they are working within a smaller visual field and they have to be really meticulous, eg. defatting the skin part they overlay to the tragus so it doesn't get distorted. So, some docs are much better at carrying out the post tragal--and with no distortion--than others are. Keep in mind it's done so no one sees a scar right beside the ear. Even with some distortion, the 'average eye on the street' isn't pegging that as '= to face lift'.

A pre-tragal incision can be well hidden in people with little tendency to scar or who might have a little fold there anyway to hide it. But it's no guarantee against ear distortion. If the area right beside the ears is made too flat in a tight 'horizontal' pull, although the ears don't change, they could look like they are sticking out more compared to the flattened area right beside them.

Now the pixie earlobe distortion is different matter as they all put an incision right beside the lobe on their way to the back of the ear. No pun intended but a pixie ear is the 'ear mark' of an inexperienced PS.
Online MissJ  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 5:21:05 PM(UTC)

Well, that's a key 'problem' with being a member of the Miss J board. You learn to observe things that no one else thinks to look for (eg a tragus) and can become self conscious about having things or getting things that the average person might not be able to peg you as having.

So, with the sharp eye I encourage here, it's still important to also see things through the eye of the average person.

It seems to me that 99% of the plastic surgeons out there have a hard time creating a natural looking tragus and or earlobe. On the other hand, maybe I see some people who have had a great facelift and because they have no telltale signs, I assume they did not have a facelift. For some reason, I have always believed that no matter how good a facelift is, that I could see some telltale sign.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Zoey  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 5:31:27 PM(UTC)

Wow very interesting. Maybe I need to ponder this further. LOL You presented my problem perfectly!!

Well, that's a key 'problem' with being a member of the Miss J board. You learn to observe things that no one else thinks to look for (eg a tragus) and can become self conscious about having things or getting things that the average person might not be able to peg you as having.

So, with the sharp eye I encourage here, it's still important to also see things through the eye of the average person.

Offline Robin  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 5:55:12 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Quno Go to Quoted Post
I think what she meant to say is that any relatively minor ear issues pale in comparison to getting a very good result on the lift.

Best to try and get both but that's not always possible.

Maybe. But i don't think her overall lift results are that good either. Big blob under chin.
Online MissJ  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 6:35:35 PM(UTC)

You know..I was looking for that but could not find it. Just noticed that the blob was exactly where my screen was dirty/smudged. lol.
With the RS photos, you can't scroll on them away from a smudge. Oh well, just cleaned the screen.

Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
Maybe. But i don't think her overall lift results are that good either. Big blob under chin.

Offline Chris K  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 6:47:42 PM(UTC)

Woman
When I suspect someone had plastic surgery ears and the ear area is the first thing I look at
Online MissJ  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 8:02:21 PM(UTC)

Well, with the ears, you got 4 places; tragus, right next to the ear (pre tragus), the pixie lobe and ears sticking out due to tight a pull right beside them.

Originally Posted by: Chris K Go to Quoted Post
When I suspect someone had plastic surgery ears and the ear area is the first thing I look at

Offline Zoey  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 8:30:24 PM(UTC)

I have also seen positional differences of the ears, where after the facelift the lobes are stitched lower and slightly horizontal (angled toward the chin) Is that what you mean by the ear sticking out?

Well, with the ears, you got 4 places; tragus, right next to the ear (pre tragus), the pixie lobe and ears sticking out due to tight a pull right beside them.

Online MissJ  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 8:34:02 PM(UTC)

Kind of. But more of a thing where there is no change to the ears but rather the area next to them on the face is narrower and by relative comparison, you see ear 'presence' more.

I have also seen positional differences of the ears, where after the facelift the lobes are stitched lower and slightly horizontal (angled toward the chin) Is that what you mean by the ear sticking out?

Offline Mike D  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 10:33:47 PM(UTC)

In my earlier post, I said perpendicular to the jawline, but I meant horizontal to the jawline, like you state. I hate when the ears are horizontal to the jawline.