logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Larazelle  
#46 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 12:50:31 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
So Lara, have you had your facelift with Nim's dr?

No I have not - I would have told you guys about it - he is too expensive - I guess its NYC - and also I don't want the inconvenience and trauma of travelling. I know that I have to get off my butt and start going for consults soon as soon as I get rid of my inertia - ; first off I have to make an apt. with Dr. Gunther - the doctor that Dr. Y referred me to - He is quite reasonable in his prices - like a FL is under $7000 - I think its because he is still not too famous - lol - I saw the photo gallery that Ms J posted here and I thought that his afters were too subtle. I guess Dr. Y likes him because of that - as Dr.Y gives very subtle surgery results - no way as dramatic as Dr. Marten. - So I am also looking for other doctors with reasonable prices - I saw a list of doctors in last years "Best of Boston" and I will post their names on a post soon. For now I know I need work done - and I will have it in December probably - and till then I will be like all the other millions of women that need work done - ha ha - It might be good for me as I think its dangerous to be "dependent" on looking pretty all the time. Beauty is a heavy crown.
Offline Larazelle  
#47 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 12:52:43 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Ya, Lara and what about the nose work that you mention in rev rhino section. When did you have that.

That was in 1998 - with Mack Chaney. I didn't think it made any difference.

Offline Zoey  
#48 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 12:55:13 AM(UTC)

I would be scared to go to a surgeon that charges less than 700.00 for a face lift? Are you sure it's under $700.00??

Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
--------------
No I have not - I would have told you guys about it - he is too expensive - I guess its NYC - and also I don't want the inconvenience and trauma of travelling. I know that I have to get off my butt and start going for consults soon as soon as I get rid of my inertia - ; first off I have to make an apt. with Dr. Gunther - the doctor that Dr. Y referred me to - He is quite reasonable in his prices - like a FL is under $700 - I think its because he is still not too famous - lol - I saw the photo gallery that Ms J posted here and I thought that his afters were too subtle. I guess Dr. Y likes him because of that - as Dr.Y gives very subtle surgery results - no way as dramatic as Dr. Marten. - So I am also looking for other doctors with reasonable prices - I saw a list of doctors in last years "Best of Boston" and I will post their names on a post soon. For now I know I need work done - and I will have it in December probably - and till then I will be like all the other millions of women that need work done - ha ha - It might be good for me as I think its dangerous to be "dependent" on looking pretty all the time. Beauty is a heavy crown.

Offline Larazelle  
#49 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 1:05:27 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Zoey Go to Quoted Post
I would be scared to go to a surgeon that charges less than 700.00 for a face lift? Are you sure it's under $700.00??

LOL - I WOULD BE TOO!! - its a typo - it should be $7000. though I wish it was $700 - lol -

Offline Robin  
#50 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 8:11:52 AM(UTC)

--------------
No I have not - I would have told you guys about it - he is too expensive - I guess its NYC - and also I don't want the inconvenience and trauma of travelling. I know that I have to get off my butt and start going for consults soon as soon as I get rid of my inertia - ; first off I have to make an apt. with Dr. Gunther - the doctor that Dr. Y referred me to - He is quite reasonable in his prices - like a FL is under $7000 - I think its because he is still not too famous - lol - I saw the photo gallery that Ms J posted here and I thought that his afters were too subtle. I guess Dr. Y likes him because of that - as Dr.Y gives very subtle surgery results - no way as dramatic as Dr. Marten. - So I am also looking for other doctors with reasonable prices - I saw a list of doctors in last years "Best of Boston" and I will post their names on a post soon. For now I know I need work done - and I will have it in December probably - and till then I will be like all the other millions of women that need work done - ha ha - It might be good for me as I think its dangerous to be "dependent" on looking pretty all the time. Beauty is a heavy crown.

How much was the NY dr? And I can't imagine a "real" FL for under 7K in any major US city.
Offline MissJ  
#51 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 10:13:04 AM(UTC)

ok. sounded like you may have had recently. Cheney got licence suspended. forgot details

----------------
That was in 1998 - with Mack Chaney. I didn't think it made any difference.

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Larazelle  
#52 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 10:14:42 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
How much was the NY dr? And I can't imagine a "real" FL for under 7K in any major US city.

I will call the office today to confirm - perhaps it was just for the face and the neck is a separate price.

Dr. Constantin was 15K - but that was raised only recently - Nim paid 10K for it - and it was face AND neck.

Offline Mike D  
#53 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 11:20:33 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
ok. sounded like you may have had recently. Cheney got licence suspended. forgot details

I googled his suspension and it looks like he has had several.
Offline Larazelle  
#54 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 11:35:19 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post
I googled his suspension and it looks like he has had several.

I think he had an alcohol problem - I don't think it was his work per se - its too bad - I really really liked him - one of the few doctors who DID NOT have an inflated ego - VERY NICE PERSON.

Offline lucillenyc  
#55 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 12:03:01 PM(UTC)

This patient just posted her 1 month photos:

https://www.realself.com...try-911675-image-2576867

I think she looks stunning. Hope it lasts for her because I'd be over the moon with results like this - even with the ears issue.
Offline MissJ  
#56 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 12:21:51 PM(UTC)

Yes. She looks great. But still 'honeymoon phase' of face lift and at this point in time can't be considered a 'result'.

Originally Posted by: lucillenyc Go to Quoted Post

I think she looks stunning. Hope it lasts for her because I'd be over the moon with results like this - even with the ears issue.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline MissJ  
#57 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 12:25:49 PM(UTC)

'Luck of the Irish'?

Aside from that, I do remember he had a following in the 1990s to early 2000's.

-------------
I think he had an alcohol problem - I don't think it was his work per se - its too bad - I really really liked him - one of the few doctors who DID NOT have an inflated ego - VERY NICE PERSON.

Offline Chris K  
#58 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 1:32:57 PM(UTC)

Woman
Originally Posted by: Vanessa Go to Quoted Post
I see that you still have a crush on me. Get over it.

you are a lovely person vanessa...just a little clueless
Offline Robin  
#59 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 6:32:09 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: lucillenyc Go to Quoted Post

she does look great. but at one month with fat grafting there is still lots of swelling. stay tuned.