logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline lucillenyc  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 10, 2017 5:32:24 PM(UTC)

In my opinion, this is one of the better facelifts I've seen on RealSelf recently:

https://www.realself.com...-lift-revision-facelift#

Granted she is only a month out and still swollen, she looks so young in her afters. She said she is 37 (looks way older in the before pic) and I think she can pass for mid-20s now. IMO, this age group (late 30s / early 40s) has some of the most impressive facelift results.
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Hoss  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 10, 2017 5:56:08 PM(UTC)

error

Edited by user Monday, September 11, 2017 2:08:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline MissJ  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 10, 2017 8:19:56 PM(UTC)

At one month, she really doesn't have a 'result' YET. It's still in 'honeymoon phase' when residual swelling kicks up a nice over all youthful plumping effect.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Robin  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 10, 2017 8:42:36 PM(UTC)

in her four week photo, profile, she has a big blob hanging under her chin. i think that is not a good result even at 4 weeks for someone who had a revision NL and a lower FL. She doesn't have a profile shot before.

in one of the posts, she said she also had fat grafting. she has a kind of bloated look that comes from FG this early on. some people see this as "good" swelling but i think she just looks bloated...

And the incision lines are awfully visible. Her post also says at almost 4 weeks she is looking forward to having the stitches out... what?

Something is weird about the timeline of the story and the photos.
Offline lucillenyc  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 10, 2017 9:27:53 PM(UTC)

Oh wow, you're right. I didn't see that part about getting stitches out at 4 weeks. That makes no sense.

Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
in her four week photo, profile, she has a big blob hanging under her chin. i think that is not a good result even at 4 weeks for someone who had a revision NL and a lower FL. She doesn't have a profile shot before.

in one of the posts, she said she also had fat grafting. she has a kind of bloated look that comes from FG this early on. some people see this as "good" swelling but i think she just looks bloated...

And the incision lines are awfully visible. Her post also says at almost 4 weeks she is looking forward to having the stitches out... what?

Something is weird about the timeline of the story and the photos.

Offline Mike D  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 10, 2017 9:44:32 PM(UTC)

She looks really good IMO, but she has two things working for her- her youth and beneficial swelling, which will make her look much better in the short term (aka honeymoon phase). One thing that looks horrible IMO is her ears. I've pointed this outt before on other results and I don't think anyone else is bothered like I am by this, but to me, her lower ear lobe is almost perpendicular to her jawline in her after pictures. It just reeks of a tight skin lift to me.
Offline Mike D  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 10, 2017 9:52:27 PM(UTC)

Picture 23 of 24 is the best example of what I'm talking about in terms of earlobe displacement relative to jawline. In my limited knowledge, it tells me that most of the tension of her lift was placed on the skin vs. the SMAS. From what I've seen, this angle only gets worse with time if done incorrectly.
Offline lucillenyc  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 10, 2017 11:28:30 PM(UTC)

Good observation. I think the big picture looks good (thanks to swelling, as you've all pointed out), but the details tell a different story. She said her first neck lift with this surgeon fell after 2 weeks, so that definitely suggests a superficial technique.

Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post
Picture 23 of 24 is the best example of what I'm talking about in terms of earlobe displacement relative to jawline. In my limited knowledge, it tells me that most of the tension of her lift was placed on the skin vs. the SMAS. From what I've seen, this angle only gets worse with time if done incorrectly.

Offline Robin  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 6:40:29 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post

oh yeah, forgot to mention her ears/earlobes. agree!
Offline Chris K  
#10 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 1:25:24 PM(UTC)

Woman
she's a great candidate but looks stitched together sloppily.

its too bad she couldn't have found an expert because her face would have 'taken' to the procedure well.

most ppl posting on realself probably have self doubt with their results so are looking for positive feedback.
Offline MissJ  
#11 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 1:53:52 PM(UTC)

Just a reminder. This is a NEW section of the board that I set up yesterday for members who like to discuss RS 'stuff'. It is an open publicly visible section.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Quno  
#12 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 2:58:34 PM(UTC)

Ears don't look horrible to me and overall the results are very good as she looks to genuinely be in her mid 20s in the after.

But she had full lips that weren't long and fairly decent, even skin as well as a hardy facial structure. So an older person would've needed more.

These filters nowadays are giving the impression that the results are better than they are, though. The un-filtered recovery photo is probably going to be closer to her true result.
Offline Meeka  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 12, 2017 3:38:17 AM(UTC)

I think its too early to tell . The swelling masks things at this stage , plus she is young. Her eyes look rejuvenated....maybe fat grafting? I think the incisions need to fully heal to see his stitch work.
Offline Vanessa  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 6:56:55 AM(UTC)

I thought she looked amazing and who cares about the ears.
Offline Mike D  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:10:54 AM(UTC)

I think I'm one of the few who cares about the ears. I don't think most patients give a second thought to them. It's always been something I've looked for.